Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

4 hours ago, Memfis said:

At first I thought I'm looking at the Doom Builder 1 "missing texture" placeholder.

And every time I come across a post of yours I think, "this person is an asshole."

Looks more like an ant to me.

Like the use of that shape (the ant), it's really interesting. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out.

Quick question: is it possible to get stuck between the rear (northern) legs and the abdomen?

It just looks like it might be.

It was meant to be a spider but I started taking creative liberties with the concept once I realised the gameplay would suffer if I made it 100% anatomically faithful.

51 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Quick question: is it possible to get stuck between the rear (northern) legs and the abdomen?

It just looks like it might be.

I don't think so, it doesn't close back in on itself.

...Or does it? Do I see cliffs cutting that section off?

10 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Do I see cliffs cutting that section off?

That's what it looks like, so that's why I asked. It's difficult for me to tell if the walls are low enough to be traversed (jumped, run over, whatever) and there isn't something blocking the way.

Those are cliffs. Rest assured, I've ensured that there are no areas for the player to get stuck.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Looks more like an ant to me.

The ant, like all insects, has a three-section body -- head, thorax, abdomen. The thorax is generally thin and long, the abdomen is a bit longer than the head but about the same diameter. o-o

The spider has the first two sections fused in one, so it has cephalothorax and abdomen. The abdomen is generally sensibly larger than the cephalothorax. Oo

Now spiders have eight legs and ants have six, but in simplified drawings, this kind of details tend to matter much less.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not a myrmecologist or an arachnologist by any stretch of the imagination, so what I know about ants and spiders is extremely limited.

Anyway, here's another update on my soopur speshul map.

A couple more Hell areas, then we're getting into a couple grey ones.

g3P10bU.png

JZYH9z4.png

Edit: 0/10 no floating Hell cubes. I've added a few to this room.

SqHIpUD.png

jxaFjAT.png

Not finished here.

I've also added my plasma mastermind from HURedux and a plasma chaingunner.

Tweet, for those who care:

Spoiler

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

10 hours ago, lupinx-Kassman said:

Why just let fairies roam free when you can use them to power your port town.

You're making a Rekkr map? Sweet!

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

You're making a Rekkr map? Sweet!

Thanks! And ja. Its quite large at this point. Can't wait to wrap it up.

18 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Oops I made another monsterless puzzle map.

Really digging this! It gives me a sorta Jim Flynn-ish vibe =D

57 minutes ago, ChaingunnerX said:

this is beautiful. love the trees. looks ripe for a big castlevania-inspired environment. is this of something WIP?

9 hours ago, Tango said:

is this of something WIP?

Yes, it is from vanilla megawad i'm working on. 

More shots of what I got done yesterday.

There are six this time. We're getting crazy now!

b9s1AcP.png

auyaoxg.png

jaXQsMf.png

FVdrBzn.png

KDlWaAP.png

EQrHRMk.png

0/10, texture misalignments. I'll fix those.

Anyway, it's coming along rather quickly, and while I've only got two weeks to finish, I think it's about halfway built (before thing placement).

There are a lot of Hell areas, but I'm trying to get as wide a variety of different areas as I can, so the next theme I'll be using is urban, then probably all of the above, since there will inevitably be more areas.

It'll be a test of my mapping prowess to mesh tech, urban, and Hell, but I accept my own challenge. Am I a bad enough dude?

Guess we'll find out.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

4th Of July special WIP. I normally do a BBQ type via a flamethrower, but I've overdone that and I've thought I've done something different this year. Also, if I move the skybox camera farther, the fireworks in the skybox won't be displayed :/

11 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

More shots of what I got done yesterday.

There are six this time. We're getting crazy now!

EQrHRMk.png

Reveal hidden contents

I really like the look of all these shots :D I think this gstone area could really benefit from some lighting contrast though. even reducing the lighting underneath the marbface cubes would help, but you could add even more contrast with more inset wall details with lower light levels (like the spine detail on the wall), or with some large architectural features (like beams) running across larger parts of the area

1 minute ago, Tango said:

I really like the look of all these shots :D I think this gstone area could really benefit from some lighting contrast though. even reducing the lighting underneath the marbface cubes would help, but you could add even more contrast with more inset wall details with lower light levels (like the spine detail on the wall), or with some large architectural features (like beams) running across larger parts of the area

Thank you. Will do! Like I said, these are my first Hell areas in years, so this feedback is immensely appreciated.