Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

My next map is called the temple of augustus, which is actually known as the temple of air. but I have to say I had to add sector lights to the chasm to make the top and bottom black, the large amount of sector lights with huge insanity is going to cause the map to load slowly when I test it as you can see the latest screenshot

templeofair2.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20181123_110628.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20181123_110604.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20181123_110755.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20181123_110823.png

Screenshot_Heretic_20181123_110837.png

templeofair.png

I'm reasonably sure those are gargantuan subtractive dynamic lights.

A better thing to do to make the chasms dark is use 3d floors to make light gradients. It will be better looking and much easier on performance.

9 hours ago, wolfmcbeard said:

@obakeThat looks nice, do some shopping, put a new tv on layaway at Sears, kill demons...off topic btw, did you play Vigilante 8 2nd Offence?

I haven't played Vigilante 8 2nd Offence yet.

1 hour ago, obake said:

I haven't played Vigilante 8 2nd Offence yet.

Ah, though you name was a reference (never head it anywhere else), that game was my childhood.

I would post some progress pictures for the finished map, but all the screenshots apparently exceeds 0.22mb limit so you'll just have to take my word for it.

2 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I'm reasonably sure those are gargantuan subtractive dynamic lights.

A better thing to do to make the chasms dark is use 3d floors to make light gradients. It will be better looking and much easier on performance.

the subtractive lights radius is 15k, Apparently I would use 3D floors, but I might have to remove some of the lights to make the map load less slow, but I do like to make the top and bottom black too

11 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

I would post some progress pictures for the finished map, but all the screenshots apparently exceeds 0.22mb limit so you'll just have to take my word for it.

What I've started doing after I hit my 50mb limit on DW, is to post the pictures in my personal discord channel then embedding the link here.

9 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

That looks cool antares031. I was just wondering are slippery floors possible with a port? I remember having them in a Heretic level but that was using Legacy many years ago. I seem to recall Kaiser having a snowy map at one time that had slippery icy floors. By the way nice egg moon. ;)

I'm pretty sure vanilla Heretic and Hexen are capable of having slippery floors.

A slight update now that I'm satisfied on the room in the first picture. I decided to not worry too much about the level being too squarish as I feel that I can make each room interesting enough.

Spoiler

This particular room has evolved quite a bit. It started off with several rows of computer monitors but I decided to remove that as I was unsatisfied with the overall appearance.

0gLZixn.jpg

This is a before pic of hallway adjacent to this computer room. 

TlOHHrh.jpg

And here's the after pic. I decided on a blocked off the slime vats since they were originally a set piece that serves no purpose.

Z0M66Bq.jpg

1 hour ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

SAVEGAME BUFFEROVERRUN

That's usually due to too many active Things. Try to prevent monsters from waking up too soon.

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

So errr... I'm still working on my vanilla map but errr........

SAVEGAME BUFFEROVERRUN.

Yeah... I accidentally made the map too detailed XD

Looks nice, @DynamiteKaitorn

4 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

SAVEGAME BUFFEROVERRUN.

Yeah... I accidentally made the map too detailed XD

And this is why I'll probably never make a vanilla format map.

Vanilla projects frequently balloon past the savegame buffer, in practice. At this point chocolate's added a option to disable the limit, since strictly speaking saving isn't a crucial feature (you could still play these maps in vanilla without saving)

51 minutes ago, Eris Falling said:

Due to IRL, I have to put mapping to one side indefinitely, but if this is my last map - I'm so glad it's this one!

: (

1 hour ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Alone In The Doom?

Might just as well be "Invasion of the low-poly Ned Flanders clones"