Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

1 hour ago, Gaia74 said:

It's even better than my bosses, really when you launch it I will learn a lot from you

this looks awesome :D I love the thought of bullet hell in doom, looks super fun

edit: whoops quoted the wrong person

8 minutes ago, cambreaKer said:

Screenshot of my upcoming wad:

doom05.png.a69c404c64319ef194e6a7e35753f7a8.png

You've aligned the STONE2 on the farther away part but you haven't aligned the closer STONE2 to the right.

Also, I'd advise adding some lighting, lighting is important.

It's also good to replace the sky, since the brown doom 2 sky is generally thought of as bad.

@furyweb Oh my god, yes. Are you going to do all the monstes, all the rotations (16 rotations) and all the frames? If so, then hell yes! :D

@exl Wow! Just... beautiful. Love the circular supports in the ceailing opening.

I don't see any shotgun!

The alignment on the arch-vile marble faces in the last screenshot is distracting.

23 minutes ago, Gez said:

The alignment on the arch-vile marble faces in the last screenshot is distracting.

It looks like it might be a scrolling texture there.

38 minutes ago, Gez said:

@guitardz is correct, that texture is scrolling. Shoulda tried harder to time it. ;)

I'll make sure to grab a shotgun for the next batch of pics. :)

22 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

"Hellslime" that's what we'll call it.

Lol, it's what it's called in the texture files I believe.

1 hour ago, Doom_Dude said:

Pretty brutal when lava clogs the toilet. :D

That arch-vile ate one too many chili taco.

Haha, ok ok, Hellslime then. Actually, Hellslime Hotel would make a good name for a level like that.

49 minutes ago, Gez said:

That arch-vile ate one too many chili taco.

If that's the case i'd hate to see the Cyberdemon's washroom. lol

14 hours ago, furyweb said:

Hellknight from Doom 3 painted over and spritified.

4166xYq.png

x2 size

ddIfAbq.png

Now this looks sick!

Also, @bonnie, did you make that bloody writing on the wall in that shot? I have some ideas for my personal project & not sure how to do it as I never did it myself.

6 hours ago, guitardz said:

Lol, it's what it's called in the texture files I believe.

Actually, the lava flats are just LAVA*. Hellslime is the damage type for blood and lava's damage type is superhellslime.

1 hour ago, TollyCastle said:

Actually, the lava flats are just LAVA*. Hellslime is the damage type for blood and lava's damage type is superhellslime.

Ah cool, I knew the name was in the editor somewhere.

21 hours ago, Steve D said:

I'm getting close to releasing my E1 replacement, Shotgun Symphony, so I thought it might be cool to post 2-4 screenies of one map each day until it's finally released 9 or 10 days from now. Let me know if that's not the case. ;)

It seems like I spend most of my time finishing projects I started in the '90s. ;D  That's true of SS. E1M1 was started in '97 and finished in '98, and is the only map I ever laid out on paper instead of going by the seat of my pants in the editor. My goal in SS was to make the most brutal E1 ever, so it wasn't much trouble to make things even harder when I took the project back up in 2011. I also spiffed up the visuals but kept it oldschool in appearance, sort of late-'90s/early 2000s.

Well that ticks all my boxes, looks really nice, love the shadowing you got going on.

9 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

Also, @bonnie, did you make that bloody writing on the wall in that shot?

yes sir!!

9 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

I have some ideas for my personal project & not sure how to do it as I never did it myself.

Do what? The silly blood text? Making fun little textures like that is really just a matter of knowing what you want, knowing where you can find the pieces, and knowing how to put it together. I know that sounds obvious, but for me that really means using google images, font sites like dafont.com, and various other sources of images and text and whatnot before using paint.net to scale and edit them to my liking. If you know what you want, have basic editing skills, and are resourceful, you can make lots of fun little textures for yourself, such as some of these (just a small sample): https://imgur.com/a/DBKLGj5

Note that the base for the stained glass texture is from gothictx but I still made a broken variant by just doing some jagged erasing, the power symbol panel was made by drawing a compspan-style square and cutting/pasting a power symbol from iwad textures onto it, the vents were taken from google images, resized, then "broken" using the same method as the stained glass, and finally the graffiti was made on a special dafont-like website for making your own graffiti graphics (the rest were just found and resized).

As for the blood text in the screenshot, that was created using a bloody font, an extra bloody font, and a washing hands symbol from an actual "employees must wash hands" sign found on google. People should honestly really try making their own make-shift textures more often, it's fun and can add quite a bit of spice to your maps. c:

(just remember to source your stuff if you get it from somewhere obscure or notable)

And don't be afraid to be extra creative with them. In the same map with the "employees must wash hands" texture, I had breakable vents, usable vending machines, an edited iwad texture of a computer monitor as a switch with a checkmark vs an X, plenty of silly motivational posters, the edited power symbol as the door to a fuse box, and most importantly, this in a secret room as a reference to shadow warrior (this one took a bit to get right):
G3eLRq8.gif

3 hours ago, bonnie said:

yes sir!!

Do what? The silly blood text? Making fun little textures like that is really just a matter of knowing what you want, knowing where you can find the pieces, and knowing how to put it together. I know that sounds obvious, but for me that really means using google images, font sites like dafont.com, and various other sources of images and text and whatnot before using paint.net to scale and edit them to my liking. If you know what you want, have basic editing skills, and are resourceful, you can make lots of fun little textures for yourself, such as some of these (just a small sample): https://imgur.com/a/DBKLGj5

Note that the base for the stained glass texture is from gothictx but I still made a broken variant by just doing some jagged erasing, the power symbol panel was made by drawing a compspan-style square and cutting/pasting a power symbol from iwad textures onto it, the vents were taken from google images, resized, then "broken" using the same method as the stained glass, and finally the graffiti was made on a special dafont-like website for making your own graffiti graphics (the rest were just found and resized).

As for the blood text in the screenshot, that was created using a bloody font, an extra bloody font, and a washing hands symbol from an actual "employees must wash hands" sign found on google. People should honestly really try making their own make-shift textures more often, it's fun and can add quite a bit of spice to your maps. c:

(just remember to source your stuff if you get it from somewhere obscure or notable)

And don't be afraid to be extra creative with them. In the same map with the "employees must wash hands" texture, I had breakable vents, usable vending machines, an edited iwad texture of a computer monitor as a switch with a checkmark vs an X, plenty of silly motivational posters, the edited power symbol as the door to a fuse box, and most importantly, this in a secret room as a reference to shadow warrior (this one took a bit to get right):
G3eLRq8.gif

Hillary is a demon confirmed

5 hours ago, Dutch Doomer said:

Well that ticks all my boxes, looks really nice, love the shadowing you got going on.

Thanks! That shading was directly inspired by, I believe, another Dutch Doomer, specifically E1M7 of Jan van der Veken's Dawn of the Dead. It was the first time I had ever seen outdoor shadowcasting, as opposed to the light through a window I had used before, which I first glimpsed in one of the Mori megawads.