Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Recommended Posts

@Teder

I admit I was skeptical looking at the texture previews on their own, but seeing them in action in those screenshots it does look really "natural" compared to any other HD remakes I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post

 

5 hours ago, wolfmcbeard said:

My first Hell related anything.
Needs more work, but I'm liking it.

Screenshot_Doom_20181227_041754.png

The Phobos sky really doesn't fit that picture. Also, I'd advise against using 1 sided linedef walls for natural areas, it'd be much better to have stacks of sectors leading up to a 0 height sector with the sky ceiling.

The ground is very flat as well, with only the puddle for depth and even the puddle only adds a few pixels of depth to it

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, TollyCastle said:

The Phobos sky really doesn't fit that picture. Also, I'd advise against using 1 sided linedef walls for natural areas, it'd be much better to have stacks of sectors leading up to a 0 height sector with the sky ceiling.

Yeah, not sure what to do about the sky yet, it's just a very small area though, an introduction to Hell.
 

15 minutes ago, TollyCastle said:

The ground is very flat as well, with only the puddle for depth and even the puddle only adds a few pixels of depth to it


This has been further addressed (some terrain elevation variety and small details like rocks) and will be worked on as I make more maps for the project connected to this.

Share this post


Link to post

Whoever starts the new thread, please make sure to have links to the previous screenshot threads in the first post, so the history is not lost, or so deeply buried that it is the same as lost. Of course, it will also need to be stickied in place of this one.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, wolfmcbeard said:

My first Hell related anything.
Needs more work, but I'm liking it.

Screenshot_Doom_20181227_041754.png

I like it! But my only complain is that the blood pile looks a little like glass to me. Some detail on the ground would be nice too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Empyre said:

Whoever starts the new thread, please make sure to have links to the previous screenshot threads in the first post, so the history is not lost, or so deeply buried that it is the same as lost. Of course, it will also need to be stickied in place of this one.

I think @Grazza should continue it, but I'd be glad to if they aren't willing.  It would be up to the admins to sticky it or not I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Empyre said:

Whoever starts the new thread...

Why do we need a new thread? Is 500 the max or something?

Share this post


Link to post

 

4 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Why do we need a new thread? Is 500 the max or something?

The original thread grew so incomprehensibly large the website buckled under its weight, that's why the part 2 thread exists in the first place.

Now, this thread is getting close to being too large and will have to be closed and a new one will take its place. The thread may still have a few pages to go before closing since the original one closed at page 521.

Share this post


Link to post

we're not cavemen, we have technology.

 

this thread should close when it hits 522.

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't that still on the old forum though? Can this new one handle it now? Or is it the same forum just with a new UI?

Share this post


Link to post

The forum software was changed from some really old version of vBulletin to Invision Power Board.

 

The threads and posts and user accounts were imported, which in my recollection required Linguica to write custom SQL scripts.

Share this post


Link to post

Idk the ins and outs of it, was just wondering.  I figured things were updated to be able to handle it by now, but wasn't sure since I only joined a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

new year new thread i m o

Sounds good to me.  Maybe it should be a yearly thing.  "Post Your Doom Picture 2019" with links to previous year threads in the first post.

Share this post


Link to post

@Teder Wouldnt you at one point want to put the Honey16 remaster as its own forum? It seems to me that its a pretty big project that deserves its own topic.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/24/2018 at 3:45 AM, Woolie Wool said:

I Can't Believe It's Not Software!

 

ONDghH4.png

 

Winter's Fury, rendered in GL at 640x400 with Vanilla distance fog, software-style banding, AO, and palette tonemapping. The result is quite gloomy and atmospheric, and not as murky as the screenshots suggest because objects silhouette nicely when in motion or animating. It kind of reminds me of Descent.

 

Those shots look awesome, I've got to try those settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×