Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

i wasnt too familiar with that game so i googled it, and now i think your right :)

this is another monster desgined by urric that will eventually become the archvile replacement, i think it also gives of that vibe

Relatively simple yet cool design. How will his flaming attack animation look like? I hope something distinct when viewed from distance.

^ The last time i talked to him was around 1 month and he told he going to finish the sprite set once he is free with some work he have dunno if he already have finished the sprite but if i see him again im going to ask

On other hand: http://i.imgur.com/RP978ER.png almost done this map only need the yellow door area and the exit and its done e,e

that would be very cool, i hope you can contact him again

EDIT

forgot to put this here, the UAC (or AGM) kindergarten

EDIT

stuff from the livestream

That Archvile reminds me so much of gnaars from Serious Sam.

-

Here is a some picture of a room I made about 5 minutes ago:

What could I add to make it somewhat interesting?

Put one or two marine corpses on the floor, put an impaled human next to the middle brick wall, fix alignment of the hexagonal metal, make the computer pavilion much darker, and replace COMPWERD with another kind of computer panel texture and make it lit up.

I too thought the reply was humorously authoritative until I realized I missed joshmon's inquiry under the screenshot. I kinda like the shot as is. To make it more interesting: well how about some monsters? :p

visually, can never go wrong with glowy things. glowy things rule.

I think it looks pretty good! More METAL2 support pillars (to match the ones upstairs) might look nice in place of the SUPPORT2 pillars on the left, and the COMPWERD room could have its ceiling bumped up by 8 or 16(?) units so the texture doesn't bleed into the floor.

mrthejoshmon said:

What could I add to make it somewhat interesting?

Have three ways in/out that you have to/should traverse. Looks like a nice recognizable area to revisit. Have new monsters pop out of the comp pavilion each time you come back.

Nice circle-ish thing in the sky, not sure if tech elements are needed there though.

^^Very nice. The vertical ring of candelabras matches the circular shapes in the architecture, it's a good execution of a concept.

---

From my map in progress:

(also posted this to the most realistic toilet thread in wads & mods)

Holy hell dobu, how long did that take to make?

Looks amazing man!

-

Thanks for the feedback guys, I got to work on the area and made a few of my own changes as well, I thinks it looks much better now thanks to those changes:

(I tried to align the metal texture but in the end I decided to use a more easy on the eyes texture instead)

(The left of this shot will be the next joint area)

(and here is another view on the area)

Now all I have to do is relocate the section to a more spacious section of the grid so I can add more entryways and exits (This will hopefully combine with the soon to be attached area so I can get a hub going on in this section).

mrthejoshmon said:

I thinks it looks much better now

I miss the big splotch of blue in the first shot!

Very strange status bar. I doubt the black appearance is intentional...

But everything above is quite interesting. Mixing DOOM and BLOOD a little?

Looks like more Preacher stuff from Darch, and good to see. He has a thread for that knocking around here somewhere where you can try some other maps in a similar style, LigH.

Lots of good shots on this page from a wide variety of posters.

Dobu: Looks resplendent, that sort of demented non-traditional nightmarescape is what I like to see in a Hell setting. What is that palette? Looks like it could be pal_plus, but perhaps also something different, if similar.

Walter: I'm going to refrain from comment on the Doom toilet, but I actually liked that batch of four shots you had posted earlier, the gritty, earthy black/brown/moss-green color scheme has a lot of appeal, like a stone-age dolmen or hill-tomb theme.

mrthejoshmon: I think I agree with Soundblock, the area under the 'awning' in the first shot looked better before the bank of evil computer stuff (KILL! etc.) was installed, although the other texture changes look fine, and the area in general looks pretty good, sometimes those simple tan bricks don't get quite enough respect, I feel.

Rayzik: Glad to see you're working on your nameless project again, and your texture combos are quite appealing, as always. Looks like the level could do with some more lighting contrast, though.

mrthejoshmon said:

http://i.imgur.com/QnmW5Nh.png
(and here is another view on the area)

Fix the Y offset on that step texture, because having the masonry cut in the middle while the top and bottom don't have edges looks very bad.

LigH said:

Very strange status bar. I doubt the black appearance is intentional...

But everything above is quite interesting. Mixing DOOM and BLOOD a little?

Yep, I still have to work on that status bar, it's also unaligned by now. Maybe I should have taken the shots without it :P
It uses the cultist from Blood as player sprites, but everything else is Doom.

DOTW and Avoozl - :D will upload it soon.