Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Here's my map I've been working on at glacial pace. Boom compatible and using some of JMickle's OITNS textures, as well as the OITNS monster and weapon replacements. Just trying to get more areas fleshed out at the moment.

Edit: Changed first image, fixing the support. I swear I had correctly aligned it. Thanks for pointing it out, Scifista!

Looks fine, only a couple textures appear to be misaligned: METAL2, SUPPORT3 (fix it to be 32 units wide on the pillars), and the custom floor could use a borderline at the edge of the ledge, just maybe.

Gez said:

Looks like a cross between Dead Simple and its early predecessor that didn't make it into the game.

It's actually MAP03 from Doom2, it's just pinchy made a rule to use TANROCK2 a few times.

I like the vent grates above doors, great way to make those places look neither bland, nor overly attention-attracting. The use of metal overhangs and borderlines also looks stylish, and the color theme is nicely natural despite using multiple different colors.

Whether a tree or a sea anemone, it looks nice, particularly on the dark background. I'm not sure if and how much would I like a map fully taking place in a black void, but it's possibly the greatest way to emphasize the tree's beauty.

joe-ilya said:

What is this? A tree?

scifista42 said:

Whether a tree or a sea anemone, it looks nice, particularly on the dark background. I'm not sure if and how much would I like a map fully taking place in a black void, but it's possibly the greatest way to emphasize the tree's beauty.

I had in mind to do some kind of coral. The black void is also to fit with the end of the previous map with its deep dark sea abyss; but anyway here it will be present only at the beginning.

Da Werecat said:

The sleeve is rather blocky.

Yeah the model still needs some tweaking and the sleeves still need to be animated but so far so good :)

Omegalore said:

Some old map pack that also has some old editors and tools.

What's the name of the CD? I've never seen it and I think it's not on the DoomWiki.

axdoom1 said:

What's the name of the CD? I've never seen it and I think it's not on the DoomWiki.

DOOM I/II Collection.

idk if it's rare or not since I did go on a old thread earlier that's about rare commercial add-ons.

axdoom1 said:

http://www.addoncollector.spielepedia.de/doomde.html

It says "extrem selten !". Extremely rare. May just be another compilation of WADs found on the Internet like every other. I don't know if there are good wads on this one.

....................EXTREMELY RARE?!?

Jammin'! Great find then :D

Anywho, Played some of them. Some are as same as D!Zone and others.

I can't decide which I want. On one hand the red sky looks good, but on the other the dark sky fits the theme and the atmosphere of the map (the idea behind it was a "tomb city" but it ended up not being that, heh).

AD_79 the red sky looks great, it's almost like the sky is reflecting on the liquids. The first one looks like a MAPINFO error. Heh just an exaggerated way of saying I prefer the second option.

axdoom1 said:

Light reflection in water using unclosed sectors.

[img]

Now why didn't I think of that? Nice!

axdoom1 said:

Light reflection in water using unclosed sectors.

Give this man a cookieeeee!!1 and a cacoward

Ledillman said:

and a cacoward

lol! Don't get crazy. I did not invent the trick. It's a 14 years old trick!