Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

WildWeasel said:

I don't post in this thread very often. I should fix that sometime.

Are those Magnum and Shotgun ammo sprites ripped off of Resident Evil 3?

Soundblock said:

Pyramid thingie for PAR,

I love that light sourcing from the torches at the corners of the pyramid!

Jaxxoon R said:

Treelism.

Cool trees Jaxxoon! make a whole forest? :-)

Thanks 40Oz! I've tried starting quite a few pyramids, but that's the only one that's provided any worthwhile gameplay.

Very much yes. I love the placement of the alcoves in the first shot, and the overall color choice.

peach freak said:

Are those Magnum and Shotgun ammo sprites ripped off of Resident Evil 3?

Yeah, actually. All but the Heavy Rifle. Mostly I'm just happy to have a more-or-less fully functional shop menu that doesn't suck to update.

ad_79: it all looks pretty competent but it doesn't strike me as very interesting. I already know you can make competent maps (very quickly, too), can I see something exciting from you now? :)

Some shots from my Doomworld Mega Project 2015 map. Hopefully it won't take too much longer.

Same area, different angle..

The player can swim in the dirty water of this room..

Bottom of this room..

Near the top..

Lighting and some textures may change in the final version.

AD_79, definitely looks worth exploring further.

Dave, that's already starting to look very atmospheric.

One can tell that Dave the Daring is knowledgeable in the art extracting Quake 2 essence and applying the level structure directly to Doom format.

@mrthejoshmon: I think it's already OK. It might look too busy if there were more layers of detailing.

@Dave The Daring: Looks great, I'm looking forward to play it!

Soundblock said:

Cool trees Jaxxoon! make a whole forest? :-)

That's the plan, dawg.

Although the biggest hurdles I've encountered are that at the scale of a forest you're talking thousands of things being visible at any one time in order to give a convincing effect, add to that the fact that GZDoom has some really wonky perspective problems when looking straight up at so many close-together things.

So it needs some tweaking.

Jaxxoon R said:

That's the plan, dawg.

Although the biggest hurdles I've encountered are that at the scale of a forest you're talking thousands of things being visible at any one time in order to give a convincing effect, add to that the fact that GZDoom has some really wonky perspective problems when looking straight up at so many close-together things.

So it needs some tweaking.

Trying out different ways to make a convincing forest setting myself. Whipped this up yesterday and think it might be worth cultivating. No things in it yet (there'll at least be lianas), but plenty of little sectors & mids.

started retooling an old map, using some custom ZDoom minor gameplay mod I threw together

@Dave The Daring: that looks awesome :D really cool use of 3d floors.

@Soundblock that looks pretty neat, reminds me a lot of Minecraft. worth cultivating!