Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vdgg

Going Down demos [-complevel 9]

^

0:40

I can't say I understand how this level works, but the essential part is to not only jump into the pit, but cyberdemon also must cross it's square sector. Or player can activate it too, corpse slide in this case. And to prevent teeth from closing I simply wobble boost against imps and try to skip the linedef.

gd20n040.zip

20 hours ago, Billa said:

Map 30 Pacifist in 1:32

Not sure about RNG, but you can save much needed time (~0.5s): enter blue armor closet not deep enough to teleport but enough to activate linedef, and return by stairs, it's longer path but you save time needed to open the bathroom door.

5 hours ago, GrumpyCat said:

Not sure about RNG, but you can save much needed time (~0.5s): enter blue armor closet not deep enough to teleport but enough to activate linedef, and return by stairs, it's longer path but you save time needed to open the bathroom door.

Yeah I attempted this for a while but the linedef is so close to the teleporter 9 times out of 10 I ended up overshooting and teleporting. You could trivially save time by not missing the tiny switch in the wall as well, the problem is that after all that you'd need to wait >1:10 hoping an Archvile spawns at the right time. 1:31 is obviously achievable with a slight push but I'd wager 1:30 could be too...

Hi, first demo so sorry if I get anything wrong. I am not much of a speedrunner but I got really lucky with RNG a few months ago and a friend just pointed out that this is currently the fastest UV Max of map 28 that he is aware of, at 3:51. I don't know if I did anything to disqualify this demo, as far as compatibility settings go, but I attached the demo and two videos. I recorded the demo with PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.5

Thanks

gd28uvmax.zip

Edited by PrBoomerJuice

I realized I wasn't on complevel 9 when I made the previous demo, so here is one that I hope is right.

Map 28 UV Max in 3:43

gd28-343.zip

Edited by PrBoomerJuice

2 hours ago, PrBoomerJuice said:

If possible, please follow the naming convention and name the demo, the *.txt and the *.zip files as

"gd28-343" or "gd28m343"

20 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

If possible, please follow the naming convention and name the demo, the *.txt and the *.zip files as

"gd28-343" or "gd28m343"

My bad. The correction has been made in the original post.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:08 PM, PrBoomerJuice said:

I realized I wasn't on complevel 9 when I made the previous demo, so here is one that I hope is right.

gd28-343.zip

Hey, could you consider moving to DSDA-Doom? It's the generally preferred port for new players, and it's much safer to start recording on it than PrBoom+. Also, please do not autoload PWADs with the source port. Instead, you should use the command line to pull in extra files for recording.

Edited by 4shockblast

Sure thing. I don't know if I plan on uploading any other demos, because I usually don't do anything worth posting here, but I will keep that in mind if I do again.

edit: as for the autoload, I was wondering how your demos know which pwad to load. I guess that answers that. ty

Edited by PrBoomerJuice

MAP03 UV Speed in 1:08

There's actually no record for this map in this category, so here is mine !

As this is my first submission, I apologize if I did something wrong. Please do tell me in that case !

gd03-108.zip

I've continued working on speedruns of Going Down maps and here are new records!

MAP02 UV Speed in 0:30 - gd02-030.zip

https://youtu.be/ftQoJJEnCFo

MAP13 UV Speed in 0:49 - gd13-049.zip

https://youtu.be/IBF8JRNJr4M

I'm especially happy with this one since it beats previous record from GarrettChan in 1:41. I discovered a glide that allows to skip most of the map.

MAP26 Pacifist in 0:34 - gd26p034.zip

https://youtu.be/gjDrkTX4mn