Going Down demos [-complevel 9]

Okay, Going Down UV-Max Map 13 in 7:55.
Could've done much better but way too drunk to play effectively.
I'm sure the elites can get it down to 5/6 minutes.

gd13-755.zip

Share this post


Link to post
dew said:

Interesting, are you a keyboarder?

Yes, I am. I guess I'll always be. Can't play any other way. About a 7:oo would be my tops the way I've been running.

Share this post


Link to post

You cats are better than me, but hey, I've got to post times to get better. I won't ever get any better unless I keep plugging away. I hold a couple of records for now. They'll be beaten when the right people get to them, but I've come a long ways.

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't mean to imply anything, I was just amused by the "trademark" keyboarder turning. Keyboarders are always fighting an uphill battle, but the demos usually look "cleaner" and less twitchy.

Share this post


Link to post
dew said:

I didn't mean to imply anything, I was just amused by the "trademark" keyboarder turning. Keyboarders are always fighting an uphill battle, but the demos usually look "cleaner" and less twitchy.

Oh, no offense taken brother. Hey, I know my place. I enjoy it man. I know I'm not as good as Ray and J4rio, but I enjoy the competition, this is a lot of fun. Plus, I added a demo nobody has done yet. I'm an old-fart who played Doom when it first came out. Sadly, or happily, I'm about to start gainful employment again after years of self-employment, so my demo days are limited. I do enjoy it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Ashstrodamus said:

Okay, Going Down UV-Max Map 13 in 7:55.
Could've done much better but way too drunk to play effectively.
I'm sure the elites can get it down to 5/6 minutes.


Not sure if it would help, but its possible to press the switch that lowers the SSG while its still hidden behind the wall. That allows you to grab the soul sphere and plasma rifle straight away..

Share this post


Link to post
mouldy said:

Not sure if it would help, but its possible to press the switch that lowers the SSG while its still hidden behind the wall. That allows you to grab the soul sphere and plasma rifle straight away..

I'll give it a try soon, thanks! I've really enjoyed your wad this time around. I think it makes a big difference in the experience since I don't scum-save anymore since I last played it.

Share this post


Link to post

I've tried the new route with getting the plasma first, and I'm still slower than my 7:55 on successful exits. I don't think it helps much.

Share this post


Link to post
Kotzugi said:

Map 16: Black Mass
UV-Max in 6:16

Haven't seen any demos for this map yet so here is a first exit.

Black Mass is one tough level. It's brutal.

Share this post


Link to post

MAP08 : Hide And Seek
Pacifist in 0:40

Using a new trick I came up with, I think you'll find it interesting and will expand on it.

gd08-040.zip

Share this post


Link to post

i suggest... no one has done map29 uvmax yet? is it too difficult or something?

Share this post


Link to post

It's an easy map.

The most common reason a map doesn't have a max is that no one felt like doing it. In this case, map29 is one of those timed event maps where it's impossible to get a max faster than a certain time because the monsters don't show up prior, so it's not a very interesting max.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now