joe-ilya

Lost maps 2 : More!

Here I go again.
1.Morning!(from a late christmass CP)
2.Go with the flow!(same)
3.Park!(from my late ranDOOM CP)
4.Pub fight!(same)
5.Library!(same, only scifista's)
6.Urban streets!(to see how feedback works)
7.The Clash II!(to see how people act to my map that's been published by somebody else, in this case it was memfis)
8.Bleed!(rejected(?) from FDTWID)
9.Trashing base!(late for a GZDOOM CP)
10.Ka-doom!(from a competition in BotB)
11.Mt. Erebus!(rejected from UDINO)
12.Blood flood!
13.Crater II!(for rayziks second birthday)
14.Ruins!(for the late CP, Switcheroom 2)
15.Ways!(rejected from a late CP, TNT Garyon project)
16.Cage of mystery!(late map for a late CP, undeath '94, this is based on a 1994 DM map, cage1)
17.The DOOM!(map for a late CP, good morning phobos)
18.The blue barrack!(rejected from hadephobia)
19.Facility!(rejected from nova 2)
20.Three steps to hell!(rejected from 50 shades of GRAYTALL)
21.Killing fields!(rejected from nova 2)
22.Four forts!(rejected from TNT2)
23.Molten!(rejected from 50 shades of GRAYTALL)
24.Bank!(same)
25.Go!(map for a DW member's birthday that I don't remember)
26.They will repent...(from a late CP, UDINO)
27.Back to mt. Erebus!(same)
28.Underhells!
29.Hellscape!(was supposed to be a collab between me and cannonball, untill the teamwork CP died)
30.Fallen heroes!
31.Earthquake!(rejected from nova 2)
32.Grosee simple!(from a late CP, switcheroom 2)
33.Weapon upgrade!(rejected from SF3)(don't play this on SP)
Pics :
MAP05

MAP10

MAP14

MAP20

MAP26

MAP29

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?p8s7sashiafuby4

From what I can see, the texturing in the second and third screenshots seem okay. The first screenshot... Well, let's just say the left wall needs some work.

Oh, by the way, there's a window on the left side of the third screenshot. It doesn't appear to have been fully unpegged.

And FDTWID isn't dead, Tarnsman is working on other things, the project will pick back up in 2015. That gives you a lot of time to really perfect a Dario/Milo/TNT map :P

AD_79 said:

Oh, by the way, there's a window on the left side of the third screenshot. It doesn't appear to have been fully unpegged.

Looks more interesting that way imo.

AD_79 said:

The first screenshot... Well, let's just say the left wall needs some work.

I'm gonna say it: The entire area on the first screenshot was made by me. It was an attempt to make a map in joe-ilya's style for joe-ilya's unsuccessful community project. I've stopped working on it then, and on joe's request, I dedicated it to him to finish it, because I wouldn't make any use of that thing myself.

It's just more things!

Things; without meaning! Without order! Without light and dark! This is hell! This is joe-ilya X-Treme!

Hey man, serious mode now, you should look into making (or, probably for the best, having someone else make) a sort of "surreal" texture pack for you to use. One that's just assorted materials and shapes in inoffensive colors that contrast well together, and can't be turned into wretchsoup.

The true challenge for any would-be 'artist'.

Some have been curious how you would deal with a couple of slaughter maps Joe- perhaps you could mix it up and bit and try some

Cool that they unlosered you. The maps look fun so far, I'll have to host this on ZDaemon some day. Map04 seems to break with -complevel 2 because the sector tagged 4 cannot move when there is a monster stuck inside it, and that somehow prevents other triggers from working as well (try activating tag 4 and then pressing the lift switch).

Memfis said:

Cool that they unlosered you. The maps look fun so far, I'll have to host this on ZDaemon some day. Map04 seems to break with -complevel 2 because the sector tagged 4 cannot move when there is a monster stuck inside it, and that somehow prevents other triggers from working as well (try activating tag 4 and then pressing the lift switch).

Many maps have this issue, I thought it was just vanilla doom.

joe-ilya said:

Author : Ilya "Joe" Lazarev and scifista42

Hey hey hey, that's somewhat misleading. MAP05 is 95% based on a heavily unfinished piece of map I gifted to you (finished completely by yourself), and that's all. I'd prefer if you just mentioned me in additional credits, saying that I made the base of MAP05 which you've revamped.

joe-ilya said:

Many maps have this issue, I thought it was just vanilla doom.

Well, this happens in vanilla so it will happen in ports that are faithful to the vanilla mechanics as well. If you're not interested in changing this stuff, maybe mention it in the readme at least, saying that Boom moving floor behavior is required (Boom fixes this problem).

scifista42 said:

Hey hey hey, that's somewhat misleading. MAP05 is 95% based on a heavily unfinished piece of map I gifted to you (finished completely by yourself), and that's all. I'd prefer if you just mentioned me in additional credits, saying that I made the base of MAP05 which you've revamped.

Scythe was made by Alm and Torn, Torn made MAP32, Alm the rest. That's how I went.
But I'll remove you from the author lists and place it elsewhere, so you won't be put to shame.
@memfish I'll work on this bug instead. Good info.

scifista42 said:

Had a hearty laugh here.

To the best of my knowledge your Mt Erebus submission to UDINO was not rejected (I personally thought it was an okay map, if needed tweaking). It is still in the E3M6 slot on the UDINO thread.
I hope that the final version of that colab map came out well :)

cannonball said:

To the best of my knowledge your Mt Erebus submission to UDINO was not rejected (I personally thought it was an okay map, if needed tweaking). It is still in the E3M6 slot on the UDINO thread.
I hope that the final version of that colab map came out well :)

There was another Mt. erebus that I've made, it was basically a level where you go up a mountain in a "linear way".
I removed that cavern part, and left my open world thing. Because that other guy you were collabing with was claiming I ripped it off even when I told him you let me.

joe-ilya said:

There was another Mt. erebus that I've made, it was basically a level where you go up a mountain in a "linear way".
I removed that cavern part, and left my open world thing. Because that other guy you were collabing with was claiming I ripped it off even when I told him you let me.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to this or that, and I don't see where it was claimed that you've ripped it off. By all means go ahead and use it or not, but don't put words in my mouth.

I liked maps 3, 6, and 26. I liked the concepts of other maps like the bar fight or I guess the bank.
Nice Dashie art in map21.
A mistake on my part might be reading the comments before playing because they might have worked some psychological dark magics on me to have the pretense that the maps were bad (doesn't help that I'm not in the best mood right now too).
Not sure what to tell you but try working on one map no matter how long it takes and try your best to make it nice and something really really worth a go.

Suitepee said:

I wonder if Tarnsman will play this...

His reaction in doomtwid was something like:

":D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D"

You better believe he will.