Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon wad comments discussion

I would like to voice my opinion that mr. joshmon's reviews are hilarious, I find them legimitately funny, they don't insult joe, he's just expressing his lack of satisfaction with each map, heck even joe doesn't mind these reviews.

So stop being aggressive about his reviews if the author of the maps APPROVES of the reviews, he's just perfectly describing how most people react to this mapset. And most importantly, LET THE JOE HANDLE CRITICISM HIMSELF because trying to do that instead of him is just some kindergarden level stuff.

I don't have detailed thoughts on this mapset yet but Joe has a LOT of work ahead of himself from what i've seen and played.

alterworldruler said:

the author of the maps APPROVES of the reviews

Yes, he made it clear that he prefers attention of this kind to no attention at all. Hence I'm not sure what made you think that it's about "protecting" him.

alterworldruler said:

I would like to voice my opinion that mr. joshmon's reviews are hilarious, I find them legimitately funny, they don't insult joe, he's just expressing his lack of satisfaction with each map, heck even joe doesn't mind these reviews.

So stop being aggressive about his reviews if the author of the maps APPROVES of the reviews, he's just perfectly describing how most people react to this mapset. And most importantly, LET THE JOE HANDLE CRITICISM HIMSELF because trying to do that instead of him is just some kindergarden level stuff.

As much as I believe the way the entire thing was handled was complete bullshit and was a complete over-reaction by Obsidian and GRB (especially GRB, that shit was comical), the moderators decided it should be hell'd and there is quite frankly no point in disputing that decision even if I believe it was not even my fault...

But whatever, the majority wins the minority so I ain't going to continue with reviewing this nor am I ever going to even attempt to add any form of character to my reviews...

If I even do reviews.

-

Anyway:

MAP13 was kind of cheap with constant instant floor raising traps filled with enemies, I didn't like that part but it was marginally better than previous maps. Done, goodbye.

mrthejoshmon said:

MAP13 was kind of cheap with constant instant floor raising traps filled with enemies,

That was the concept of the map.

mrthejoshmon said:

As much as I believe the way the entire thing was handled was complete bullshit and was a complete over-reaction by Obsidian and GRB (especially GRB, that shit was comical), the moderators decided it should be hell'd and there is quite frankly no point in disputing that decision even if I believe it was not even my fault...

But whatever, the majority wins the minority so I ain't going to continue with reviewing this nor am I ever going to even attempt to add any form of character to my reviews...

If I even do reviews.

-

Anyway:

MAP13 was kind of cheap with constant instant floor raising traps filled with enemies, I didn't like that part but it was marginally better than previous maps. Done, goodbye.

Let me give my take on your reviews: yes, you can be harsh, but I also find you to be genuinely funny. Your style reminds me a lot of DeimosComaBlack's dry, unenthusiastic wit.

One thing I believe may help your reviews be more balanced is to point out more positives. I know there are some levels that simply don't have ANY positive things about them, but usually there's something good to point out.

What I'm trying to say is, please don't stop writing reviews!

Personally I would love to see you use your harsh criticism to tackle something like my first megawad (UAC Enterprises), because boy, is it terrible at times! XD

obake said:

What I'm trying to say is, please don't stop writing reviews!

Personally I would love to see you use your harsh criticism to tackle something like my first megawad (UAC Enterprises), because boy, is it terrible at times! XD

You may want me to continue but I am quite sure the major players of Doomworld do not.

So that means I am not continuing, well at least on here where people can be offended, perhaps somewhere else can be used to put my "tasteless" reviews?

To me, it's like an Australian man jokingly calling his friend a cunt, his friend laughing, and then some unrelated stranger socking the first guy in the face because he was 'being rude to his friend'.

It's just dumb.

based joshmon, actually reviewing stuff with style rather than with a cookie cutter "you did this right, this wrong, blah blah, 5/10"

The reviews pretty accurately summed up my inner thought monologues while playing the wad, and probably everyone else's as well.

I thought those reviews were fucking hilarious!

Reading them in post hell with them music and the flames amplified the experience a ton.

I didn't expect Doomworld to have this many delicate flowers, so its sad to see.

But yeah, please continue them, SOMEWHERE.

Due to the unexpected demand for me to continue...

here you go:
http://mthejoshmonwadreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

I don't even know how to use this site so be patient while I upload the hell'd reviews there and get to work on new ones when I feel like it.

Thanks for the surprising support, I appreciate it.

EDIT: God damn, that looks like shit.

I will figure it out soon.

Actually, reading those reviews is like being hit by a dump truck leaking elephant poo and then being run over by a bus full of cheering AVGN wannabees.

But to each their own, I guess.

Da Werecat said:

Actually, reading those reviews is like being hit by a dump truck leaking elephant poo and then being run over by a bus full of cheering AVGN wannabees.

But to each their own, I guess.

[opinionation intensifies]

Da Werecat said:

reading those reviews is like being hit by a dump truck leaking elephant poo and then being run over by a bus full of cheering AVGN wannabees.

You say that as if you've experienced it before.

mrthejoshmon said:

Due to the unexpected demand for me to continue...

here you go:
http://mthejoshmonwadreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

I don't even know how to use this site so be patient while I upload the hell'd reviews there and get to work on new ones when I feel like it.

Thanks for the surprising support, I appreciate it.

EDIT: God damn, that looks like shit.

I will figure it out soon.

Tempted to write a satirical review of your site B)

But yeah, thanks for preserving them. I passed the link around to a bunch of people, pretty much everyone "gets it" and found them hilarious.

Oh and, I fully expect Revilution AND Devilution to get your review treatment.

Suitepee said:

Keep on being analytically critical mrthejoshmon. Doom mappers need stuff like that I'd assume.

Maybe not my level of critical... Maybe so actually.

Ragnor said:

Tempted to write a satirical review of your site B)

But yeah, thanks for preserving them. I passed the link around to a bunch of people, pretty much everyone "gets it" and found them hilarious.

Oh and, I fully expect Revilution AND Devilution to get your review treatment.

Go ahead, hilarity will undoubtedly ensue :P.

Thanks for sharing friend.

(And yes, I will try reviews for the TNT projects but I expect them to be actually good so I won't have much "clever" to say about)

Da Werecat said:

What you just described is dumb, yes.

In English:

Your offence towards a non-offence offends me. It's honestly annoyingly petty by this point.

Edit: Also for your information, Australians actually do ironically call each other "cunt". Quite often too.

Well, Revilution's maps were kicked out for objectively being shit, so you can always use that for fuel. One map at least is still an awkward love/hate affair that I enjoy making people rage on. I was literally crying when Eris Falling was repeatedly violated by that map at my behest xD

And even if maps are good, what matters is pure honest thoughts not held back for fear of offending the creators.

Oh and I would like to a address the "AVGN wannabe" thing.

That is a real cheap cop-out insult, AVGN is hardly the only "angry" reviewer to "Try and be funny" with "profanity", the "AVGN wannabe" remark is quite literally the exact same as the highly criticized "PewDiePie wannabe"/"Ripping off PewDiePie" remark applied to many Youtube "Let's Play" channels.

You know who uses that remark?

Infantile children.

The fact that you are pretty much criticizing me for being "immature" with the tone of my reviews (Which we all know they are, no denying that) and then using an argument that is considerably more infantile than the actual thing you are criticizing is actually more ironic and hilarious than annoying.

The only reason I give a shit/am typing this out is because the absolute hypocrisy is outstandingly funny and quite frankly makes you look like a complete tool.

So why don't you find something better to say? Like I dunno, "You suck" (Which would be more respectable than your current ramblings).

-

Also:

Da Werecat said:

I pray that this was intentionally ironic but I actually doubt that at this point.

-

EDIT:

Ragnor said:

Well, Revilution's maps were kicked out for objectively being shit, so you can always use that for fuel. One map at least is still an awkward love/hate affair that I enjoy making people rage on. I was literally crying when Eris Falling was repeatedly violated by that map at my behest xD

And even if maps are good, what matters is pure honest thoughts not held back for fear of offending the creators.

Heh, sounds like my kind of party, I will take a look at that.

Hmmm. Disappointed how many people were entertained by that. I thought the community was more developed than that.

I'm going to quote myself from an earlier conversation i had with Impboy4 regarding people that thought Mrthejoshmon's review of Joe-ilya's Lost Maps was too harsh

"Some people try too hard to be a good samaritan to those who don't deserve it."

And 40oz, you act like you know everything, but you don't know what an opinion is and how to respect it.

I think thread should be closed or something, not because I can't take criticism (Feel free to do that any place and any time, I will respond to it at some point) but because I ain't looking forward to what may be coming:

F-L-A-M-E W-A-R

And we all know what happens after that...

-

Also:

40oz said:

Hmmm. Disappointed how many people were entertained by that. I thought the community was more developed than that.

Low blow dude, low blow.

Jaxxoon R said:

Your offence towards a non-offence offends me.

I'm sorry, what?

mrthejoshmon said:

Oh and I would like to a address the "AVGN wannabe" thing.

I'm not sure why would you want to do that. It's pretty much like seriously trying to disprove your remark that joe-ilya is using drugs.

Da Werecat said:

I'm not sure why would you want to do that. It's pretty much like seriously trying to disprove your remark that joe-ilya is using drugs.

Great response, completely worthless but great non the less.

But we can't just leave well enough alone now can we?

Let me just look at that part about the drugs to indulge you...

Lets see him review something he does like or partially like then. Will it suddenly be okay if he praises the things he does like in addition to trashing what he doesn't like?

What drugs are you on?

A rhetorical question often used as a way of pointing out situations of extreme stupidity or insanity...

... Not used to imply you are actually using drugs, shows how much you know.

-

Or are you just taking quotes out of context on purpose to try and forge yourself an argument? I am quite sure you are.

It is things like this that get perfectly ok topics hell'd through flame, congratulations on your monging up of this thread, bravo.

I hope it was worth it.