Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phml

Speedrun video commentary?

Has there been video commentaries of Doom speedruns, that is, people talking over a demo playing, explaining the tips and tricks used, discussing strategies and history, and so on?

This comes to mind reading ZeroMaster saying his Plutonia video barely breaks a hundred views, somewhat of a shame imho considering the quality of his run. I think having a voiceover explaining what is going on could help reach a broader audience. Even for most of us here there might be interesting things to learn.

While I watched the speedrun on YouTube I was thinking it would have benefitted from the exact same thing.

I struggle to find decent YouTube commentary Doom videos full stop. The best ones are Twitch.tv streams, which is a shame because I can only watch live streams from my phone and that's where I watch most my videos from.

Seeing as doomradio is rather stagnant lately, this could be a cool way how to spark up some activity.

I know that Alexander Nikulin's TAS of Hell Revealed and Plutonia have subtitle commentary with them. I thoroughly enjoyed those explanations because there were an awful lot of things going on that the casual observer may miss. I don't know about actual commentary though.

I was thinking about the same idea at some point. Convincing a new audience (hopefully a good one) is a pretty noble thing to do. If someone want to use my demos for a voice commentary - be my guest.