Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

America's dad serial rapist?

Hellbent said:

I always liked Bill Cosby. There was always something so warm and comforting about his demeanor and presence. Then this happens:

Can't say he did it or not, since none of the facts have been released and of course there has yet to be a court case. But, pedophiles and sex offenders will often present themselves as the most upstanding and nice people walking the earth. Just so the can lure someone into a false scene of security. It's a lot like spousal and child abusers. You would never know the husband beat his wife and kids in less you seen it first hand. Because outside of his house, he is hiding who he really is.

Yeah they over compensate for how evil they are.

Anyway, I wasn't there. I don't know Bill Cosby. I thought it was some prank like the 3 times people had the Internet believing he was dead.

You know I could trollishly twist this one around by saying famous black man known in popular media for family... must be a pedo. Like Michael Jackson.

I hope its not true.

See and that's odd to me. Why wouldn't this have come out decades ago? At least with that 7th Heaven pedo he admit to it on tape. Even that was questionable and happened years ago. But I guess that could be a blackmail sort of thing.

Gotta prove it.

Rumors have been around for decades, but his PR team is excellent at damage control so they've never really gone beyond rumors. That and there's the fact that because of who he is, and because it's only people saying he acted this way without proof (not saying they're liars, I'm saying it's hard to have anything substantial in a case like this, so what's the point of even saying anything in the first place, when it'll only draw attention to the fact that you have no proof and thus will be accused of making it all up), means that it's only now that anyone is taking it seriously.

I mean, look at Michael Jackson - the people who came forward and said he was a kiddie-diddler had no real proof other than their testimony, and they were quickly mocked and ridiculed and no one took them seriously. It wasn't until years later, with all his bizarre behavior, that anyone started to reconsider that and everyone started labeling him a pedophile, but by that point it was too late to actually do anything about it, and it didn't help the people who came forward in the first place. So people have a vested interest in not making accusations, even if they're true, and in the case of Cosby, I think it has been a similar situation, that anyone who has come forward over the decades has been immediately mocked and ridiculed to the point where no one else would want to come forward to back them up.

Eh, but of course, he could be completely innocent - who knows? Though it really wouldn't surprise me if he were guilty. But the point is, there are plenty of reasons this is only coming out now, or that people are only taking it seriously now.

If the accusations are true, what's really the worst it could do for him? Yah, it's probably tarnish the hell out of his career, but years down the line after he's dead and gone few people will remember or care. If remembered, it'll just be as "That one thing he did wasn't very nice..."

Of course, if it does come out, it'll either go under the rug, only some people will really get mad, or it'll explode into a violent rampage. If the latter happens, down the line the accuser could come up and say "Well, I was just kidding afterall."

Oh man I just realized that he had that Kids Say the Darndest things. If all of this is true...

VGA said:

Heh, fucking journalists, vultures, the lot of them.

What is even the point of this video?

It just seems like he is being a mouth piece for what his lawyers told him to say or something. It also coincides with Cosby having used his star power and wallet to sort of silence any allegations against him over the years. You kinda need to read the article I linked for context.

Technician said:

Let's all assume the accusations are true without evidence.

Numerous accusations of unrelated supposed victims describing similar experience isn't exactly ignorable, if you ask me.

Jaxxoon R said:

Cosby looks like shit these days.

You think you'll look better at 77? :-)

You ever had a friend or family member who keeps getting into bad shit? Someone says they stole this, lied about that, cheated on this person or that person, won't pay child support, etc., and you wonder, "Is this person having incredibly shitty luck, or is there a kernel of truth here?" Most famous celebrities don't suddenly have numerous people accusing them of something as serious as sexual assault. Seems to me that when that happens, there's a good chance something went down somewhere. I really don't think most people are malicious enough to try to fuck up someone's career for a pretty penny they may not even see.

GoatLord said:

You ever had a friend or family member who keeps getting into bad shit? Someone says they stole this, lied about that, cheated on this person or that person, won't pay child support, etc., and you wonder, "Is this person having incredibly shitty luck, or is there a kernel of truth here?" Most famous celebrities don't suddenly have numerous people accusing them of something as serious as sexual assault. Seems to me that when that happens, there's a good chance something went down somewhere. I really don't think most people are malicious enough to try to fuck up someone's career for a pretty penny they may not even see.

Yeah, as if no one has ever falsely accused someone else of sexual assault in the hopes of getting unfair compensations. It is, in fact, even more likely when it's about a celebrity: Assuming that you do get to court and the court happens to rule in your favor you would get paid even more. And even if things wouldn't escalate that far there's a chance that the celeb's PR team would try to silence you with money which, since the whole thing was fabricated to begin with, would be a win for you.

Now, you may say that there's no way anyone would try something as stupid as that. No way false accusations of sexual assault could hold in court. But that's the thing: There's often no hard evidence one way or an other in cases like this, so it comes down to word against word. For predatory people like that cases such as Cosby are a potential gold mine: Someone else is already is accusing them, so you might as well join in! Let's make him look even worse and increase our collective chances of getting money! Not to mention the whole copycat theory where impressionable people copy others for whatever reasons. If you ask me, the fact that the accusations are suddenly surfacing all together makes them look even less real for the reasons I just mentioned.

Thus, innocent until proven guilty.

If its true, Bill needs to get his moral priorities in order before he starts chastising people for saying the word "fuck".

I think forcefully trying to fuck someone is a lot worse than saying the word itself.

I always find it kind of odd that in the case of a celebrity, a cash payout is expected... I mean, don't get me wrong, I can certainly understand that if I was the victim of a crime committed by someone of wealth and fame, and they used that wealth and fame to help shield themselves from my accusations, I'd probably want a piece of that, too, but on the other hand, if my neighbor did something horrible, there'd be no expectation of any compensation beyond knowing that he was going to jail.

Incidentally, found out this morning that Lou Ferrigno's wife is one of the accusers now - the alleged incident occurred before they were married just to clarify, but I'd imagine she wouldn't be throwing her hat in the ring just looking for a payout. Yeah, I still realize it's innocent until proven guilty, it's just that because of who she is, I can't imagine her risking going out in the limelight like that just for a quick cash grab. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong about that, but that's just my feeling about the matter.

the fact that the accusations are suddenly surfacing all together

The accusations go back a decade and came out over years.

To me, it doesn't seem so likely more than a dozen women in their fifties with no apparent connection to each other would lie about an horrific event for years just on the hope to score a payout at some ill-defined point in the future.

You say strength in numbers; but while the likelihood for some opportunists to come out increases with each new person, the probability for ALL accusers to be liars decreases.

geo said:

You know I could trollishly twist this one around by saying famous black man known in popular media for family... must be a pedo. Like Michael Jackson.

I've noticed that this kind of thinking seems to be a major issue in American media. Every time a black person is arrested or accused of anything or becomes the victim of any type of crime, there's a huge outcry and a virtual race war.

It's always gutting when someone you've loved all your life is accused of something. I didn't believe for a second that Rolf Harris was guilty, but he was. He is an Australian but was basically adopted by the British public. His trial and sentencing broke a lot of hearts. Nobody made it into a racial issue.

I think it really shitty that Ap released this video after they promised to him that they wouldn't. Kind of reminds me of the Mike Tyson video i posted. These journalists should go to hell holding hands with divorce lawyers. They just profit off of the misery of others.

Also, if someone is loaded like Cosby, and they need to get their rocks off, can't he just go get a hooker, instead of raping someone. There's countries where its legal; even in the U.S., in Nevada. I don't know if he's guilty or not.Though, the multiple allegations really make his situation look awful.

At most, perhaps some of the allegations are true. But I'd bet that some of them are just lying, to jump on the bandwagon. Nevertheless, one is just as bad as all. Morally, and for his reputation, as least.

Kontra Kommando said:

Also, if someone is loaded like Cosby, and they need to get their rocks off, can't he just go get a hooker, instead of raping someone.

What predatory thrill would that be? Could he at least beat the hooker?

Washington Post has done an extensive story about the Cosby allegations, interviewing over a dozen women who have stated that he sexually assaulted them.

Doesn't look good for Cosby.