Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

'Just GZDoom' Community Mapping Project 01 - Beta Testing

ZDoom Thread.

Signups are closed! Here's a public beta link. Please give feedback to the mappers in this thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g9q4nlrmy2l8g3/GZDoom01Beta02.pk3?dl=0

Beta 2. Nothing much changed from Beta 1 (other then all of them being in the same pk3!). I did fix the exploit regarding my map. Glen has a proper UV placement now for his map.

Notes

BlackFish - Some texturing is incomplete. There is a 3d platform which also needs to be textured and possibly replaced for better co-op compatibility.
glenzinho - A different Ultra-Violence setting is in the works after some feedback discussion.

Spoiler

So based on the interest in the idea threads both here and ZDF, I'm going to start this earlier than Dec 1 like I originally thought to.

The goal is to make a GZDoom or ZDoom map (the former will be the main focus of the project though) in any theme. However, the map must be "Just GZdoom" is most aspects, being that it ought to play like your average Boom megawad.

Here are some rules.

-A GZDoom or Zdoom map (The mapset will ultimately be for GZDoom though).
-Coop starts + compatibility for Co-op multiplayer in (G)Zdoom.
-You may use any mapping feature introduced by GZDoom. Be sure to be creative. However, please do not assume dynamic lights are your main lighting source for the map and don't be excessive with them.
-You may start a new map or continue a map in progress as long as it goes with the rules.
-You may use whatever theme of textures you like. It is highly encouraged you introduce custom textures into your level and create a unique theme. Just make them in PNG format in a separate directory in Textures.
-You are given 100 DoomED numbers for decorations an up to 2 of them can be new monsters. These new monsters must be unique and cannot replace an existing monster.
-You may introduce sounds for your map as long as they do not replace anything (So say, ambient noises and maybe doors and such).
-You may not introduce new weapons.
-You may not introduce assets in general that replace anything.
-You may not make scripted cutscenes or anything that suggests it.
-You may have the "handholding" text that Quake and Hexen use ("Press that button!" "You hear monsters farting above you"). I would use it sparingly though.
-Music can be in any format with a small exception. Please use a looping OGG instead of MP3 if you can.

-You have until Jan 8th to submit your map. It must be in a playable finished state. During the next 3 weeks after a review process will happen to crush any bugs. If no bugs were found or dealt with, the map will be released in the way it was submitted on Jan 8th.

-There will be no quota on the amount of maps in the project.

-To sign up, just mention that you would like to make a map and I'll assign you the DoomED numbers.

List of mappers with DoomED assignments.

BlackFish - 15000-15099
fellowzdoomer - 15100-15199
scifista42 - 15200-15299
Tango - 15300-15399
Xaser - 15400-15499
Corsair - 15500-15599
Cyberdemon531 - 15600-15699
walter confalonieri - 15700-15799
AD_79 - 15800-15899
Joe667 - 15900-15999
aguares - 16000-16099
Zero X. Diamond - 16100-16199
zrrion the insect - 16200-16299
lupinx-Kassman - 16300-16399
Ed - 16400-16499
glenzinho - 16500-16599
obake - 16600-16699
joe-ilya- 16700-16799
smoke_th - 16800-16899

Well, sign me up. I'll surely use 2 custom monsters, maybe even write code for them. Getting a map to a finished state is going to be a bigger problem for me, though.

I'll try and make something for this once I've got some other things out of the way. In the mean time, sign me up.

Guest Unregistered account

I'll probably make something when I'm free too - sign me up, please!

Regarding the allowed decorations:
-Can they be destructible?
-Can they be push-able/move-able?
-Can they be interactive/triggerable?
-Can they move around by their own will, as long as they don't attack the player?
-Can they be pick-up-able, if they don't give anything to the player? (an idea crossed my mind)

Also, here is a screenshot showing the 2 monsters I'm going to use, and also the map's general theme:

walter confalonieri said:

just a question, can i use some realm667 monster and decoration stuff for my map?

The rules said:

-You are given 100 DoomED numbers for decorations an up to 2 of them can be new monsters. These new monsters must be unique and cannot replace an existing monster.

One of the main problems I have with mapping, is that I sign myself up for too many community projects that sound intriguing, and my divided attention lends to long development cycles.

Sign me up please!

I'll bite. I have a GZDoom map I started some time ago, but never got around to finishing. I'll finish it for this gig.

I posted some screenies of this one before. If it's for a map-set, and I don't have to worry about squeezing 30 minutes of game-play out of it, I think I can wrap up a working version by Jan 8th.

Close to finishing my map called River. I haven't figured out how to get the couple of textures that I used from cc4-tex.wad into here yet, so... requires cc4-tex.wad! Very short and simplistic, may be a good map 01??