Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Thanksgiving is today

At least here in the United States of 'Murica, that is. What will you be doing? I'll probably hang with the folks for a while, eat too much, go back home and get drunk. Sounds like fun, no?

There, that should get you in the Thanksgiving mood :)

Watching a movie trilogy same as I've done for 20 years now. People have 2 of my trilogy. No legal streaming sites have them. I may have to uggg rent it, but I don't even want to rent them just having a rental service on my PC doesn't feel good.

I'm ditching all of Thanksgiving for reasons. I'm contemplating fasting the whole day. I think that I've fasted 2 other Thanksgivings. However, I have also fit in 4 Thanksgivings in one day. Mother's side, father's side, step father's side and friend's family.

I have some Uni homework in translating a report to German.

Oh and food as well as meeting my brother's fiancee for the first time.

Clonehunter said:

Also, I just watched that video now. Holy fucking shit is that depressing.

I personally found it hilarious the first time I watched it and still do from time and time. The point is, thank God, or whatever deity you believe in (or not) that your family's not like that. Oh yeah and
"GOT TO HAVE YOUR GODDAM SOUFFLE!! WITH SWEET TATER!!"

:D

Man I miss laugh tracks.

Hour 9 of fasting. Feeling fine. Usually I've found once the hunger happens it goes away after a few hours. Normally I can program / work and not be hungry all day. However, its not about work, its about the challenge.

Hour 12 I now feel the hunger. Not that bad though.

Almost hour 14. Not really feeling hungry. Just chilling. I am thirsty. I seem to be salivating more.

19 hours in and I feel nothing. No hunger. Every once in a while I think that I feel a slight headache, but I don't. This is turning out easier than usual.

The extended family has shut us out this year so it's just mom and me. We went to visit grandma in the nursing home and that was nice.

Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday because I don't have to do anything except dress warm and eat like a pig. Christmas and some of these other holidays are fuckin' obnoxious. I only really like Halloween otherwise.

My family is delaying Thanksgiving until the weekend so everyone can come down... so I've spent the day watching the MST3K Turkey Day marathon. Oooh boy, and it's ending with one of my favorites, Pod People!

Being outside of the US, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving (obviously). But whenever I read or hear about it and all the mention of turkeys, I can't help but think of this.

I just saw Robocop 2. Still a fucking awesome movie. With all of this Murica talk, I'm forcing myself to watch Team America: World Police. Wow I'm not liking it. How did a puppet movie cost $35 million to make? It made $50 million. I wonder if that includes the theater's cut of sales.

Thanksgiving in November? Been there done that already... go Canada!

*Crawls back into igloo*

Had a good sized dinner I think, but I feel like I ate yesterday, and I want more.

geo said:

I just saw Robocop 2. Still a fucking awesome movie. With all of this Murica talk, I'm forcing myself to watch Team America: World Police. Wow I'm not liking it. How did a puppet movie cost $35 million to make? It made $50 million. I wonder if that includes the theater's cut of sales.

Bah, World Police is hilarious. Some scenes just tend to drag on to the point they stop being funny, as well as some scenes that go on to long without even being funny once.

Well I'm at hour 24 of fasting. Still not hungry. Not even thirsty. If I was doing more than video gaming and Netflixing, I'm sure that I would be. Time to go weigh myself. I've not lost any weight from this time yesterday.

I do feel a dehydration headache coming on. Which normally I get if I treadmill for an hour. To compensate I drink a full bottle of water before and then another during the treadmill.

geekmarine said:

My family is delaying Thanksgiving until the weekend so everyone can come down... so I've spent the day watching the MST3K Turkey Day marathon. Oooh boy, and it's ending with one of my favorites, Pod People!

"They parked next to a data stream."

geo said:

Well I'm at hour 24 of fasting. Still not hungry. Not even thirsty. If I was doing more than video gaming and Netflixing, I'm sure that I would be. Time to go weigh myself. I've not lost any weight from this time yesterday.

Your body will gladly shut down most of your metabolism before you start losing wait from fasting. I tried fasting for three days once to see what would happen. After three days it was frustrating to drag myself off the couch to get a bowl of chili. Fasting is silly.

Up here in Skyrim we have Thanksgiving in October. This is because you can only harvest snow in November. Today involved books and Morrowind.