Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alaster

Abandoned UAC Base

This is a map that I want to go all-out on. This is going to be a massive map with lots of strong detail. I have been mapping for years, but I never really felt satisfied with my maps, so this one is going to take a lot longer to finish. I want this map to consist of everything that I have always wanted in a Doom II map. So far I am very pleased with the way it is coming together :).

Here are some screenshots:

Fancy details. None of the screenshots shows any height variation that will affect combat (ledges, pits, windows on different height levels), I hope you will have some, they make gameplay much better than just "2D" shootage on the ground. Nice work, keep it up!

scifista42 said:

Fancy details. None of the screenshots shows any height variation that will affect combat (ledges, pits, windows on different height levels), I hope you will have some, they make gameplay much better than just "2D" shootage on the ground. Nice work, keep it up!

I plan on having height variation. I like to keep the ceilings high for versatility. Those screenshots don't do very much justice though in terms of showing height variance. Thank you scifista42, stay close, because I update often.

Doomkid said:

If you need any playtesters feel free to drop me a line!

I will put you on my board as a play tester. Thank you Doomkid :).

Xegethra said:

Aye looks nice. Good detail and open space.

Thank you. I have decided to make this a dynamic map for the sake of replay value.

That first image went through a few changes until I could get it right. That room took me about two days. :)

Du Mhan Yhu said:

I love those screens.. Can't wait to play it.

Thank you! A lot of love for Doom is going into this map :). I can't wait to get the dynamic code going.

This area is just about done. I added a few teaser weapons for you. Finding how to get to them is the fun part :). There will be multiple situations where you are presented with guns to help you advance quicker, but acquiring them will take some searching OR you could always just kill a lot of enemies and get them by brute force. The path to your success is up to you :). Oh and there will also be multiple ways of getting the keys throughout the map. This map is built to be either super tough or super easy. It all depends on how you play it!! :).

Here is the finished area :). Now off to the next room. Also, that blue key sitting there is just 1 of 5 spots. There will be multiple areas to acquire a key. Each with its own set of consequences.

StupidBunny said:

Pretty! You do a great job with the lighting to create a good ominous mood. I'd love to playtest these whenever you get them done.

Thank you :). The lighting is a big one for me and I want to make sure I do it right.