Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 2 Coming Soon

No, that's not a typo. According to a brief Pocket.IGN article, Doom 2 for the Game Boy Advance made its debut at E3, as a playable version demoed on some GBAs in the Activision booth. I think it might have been a little overshadowed by its big brother but it's nice to know that it's in the works. According to the article, the company responsible for the port is not David A. Palmer Productions, which did GBA Doom, but instead Torus Games.

MACVILE_WHORE said:

w0000000000000000t!!!!!!!

/me is the happy

first doom III, now this, goddammit I'm convinced now, DOOM IS ALLAH!!!!!

YOU DOOM MUSLIM!!!!!!!!

Heh, nah, I hear ya dude. I feel almost the same way.

Oh, and the new pics at the top are SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

darknation said:

Good, maybe this time they'll not forget the little details like the cyberdemon...

From what I read in the article (and I assume you did too), doesn't look like they'll leave out anything this time.

I find it odd though since DOOM GBA was based off the Jaguar source; how will they port this one? Doom ][ has only been on the PC as far as I know...oh, and PSX.

weedster: err. all they have to do is add the new levels and monsters to the current DoomGBA version of course. In case you didn't know. Doom1 and 2 issues the exact same exe.

Dude, if I had a GBA, you bet your ass I would have Doom and Wolf 3d already, and then I would wait for Doom 2!

kristus said:

weedster: err. all they have to do is add the new levels and monsters to the current DoomGBA version of course. In case you didn't know. Doom1 and 2 issues the exact same exe.

Yes, but the GBA has limitations, whereas a PC has very few if any at all.

The hard part is done. The DOOM engine has been ported (via the Jaguar source) to the AGB. All that remains an issue is ROM size.
I suspect that the original AGB DOOM used an 8Mb cart and probably filled it up nicely. With all the new GFX, SFX and levels required in DOOM2 I'd say they have some nice compression happening.
Can't wait.

Heh...Doom2 GBA. Will there be a Doom3 GBA.....?
/me strokes thinking beard
[edit]My postcount is now 1,993, the year Doom was released![/edit]

DooMBoy said:

[edit]My postcount is now 1,993, the year Doom was released![/edit]

No, it's 1994, the year DOOM 2 was released!