Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

(Mod idea) Good Genesis Doom Music Pack?

So I've been experimenting with porting various songs to a modified version of Sonic 1, and I've recently gotten an idea. What if I ported all of Doom 1 & 2's soundtracks, recorded VGMs of them, and then put them in a WAD file? Is this something people are interested in seeing?

For clarification, here's what I've gotten done in the past twenty minutes (Early WIP, obviously):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/161031419/E1M1-WIP.mp3

I still need to tweak the drums and the DAC samples, for sure.

This is pretty cool, also arbitrary 'this is what 32x Doom shoulda sounded like" comment.

It does need a bit of tweaking, but you already know that of course. One thing though, just like SNES Doom, it seems the drummer has one too many beers before playing. Any way to fix that?

Funnily enough I haven't even touched the drum track, the minimal number of channels and simplicity of the guitar channels fooled me into thinking it was the same was for the drums. E1M1 is surprisingly complex in that regard.

And then there's the fact I haven't simplified the drumbeat yet so a lot of bits drop out at random due to... hey... maybe that's a similar reason as to why SNES Doom is a bit whacked.

For a horrible moment I thought this thread might have something to do with Phil Collins.

mouldy said:

For a horrible moment I thought this thread might have something to do with Phil Collins.

GIANT HOGWEED LIVES

You know, I absolutely have no idea who you're talking about, but I laughed anyways because hogweed is deadly shit and should never be crossed under any circumstance. :)

Anyways, I tweaked the drums and updated the file in the OP, I'm pretty sure it's a lot better now... probably.

Jaxxoon R said:

You know, I absolutely have no idea who you're talking about

A bit too young to know the classics, maybe? Go rifle through your grampa's vinyl record collection.
Genesis
Phil Collins