Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Doom Gets Plastered: The 21st Annual Cacowards

Put down your pitchforks ladies and gentlemen, the Annual Cacowards are going ahead as planned! In celebration of Doom's 21st anniversary, our in-house team of writers and procrastinators have once again cobbled together a list of this year's finest projects and people, with questionable write-ups for each and every one of them. You can read the awards by clicking here:

The 21st Annual Cacowards

Happy birthday, Doom. Now go out there and get wasted! drink responsibly!

wtfp

As a quick attribution that didn't make it into the article ('cause I wasn't sure where to squeeze it), the Push screenshot is hopefully-courtesy of Kurashiki: https://twitter.com/88alice/status/540132897655488512

Enjoy the mostly-on-time 'wards, and 'grats to folks!

[EDIT] Also, Scuba did the kickass title/bar art, as usual. Dunno if that made it in the text either, so there you go. :P

Congrats to Joshy for netting the MoTY award: I should probably play some of your stuff now, shouldn't I? :P Nice to see MAYhem there as well.

Holy crap; on time! Very well done the team.
Congrats to all the winners - been a very good year, this.

This year's Cacoward writings are specially well done! Also congrats to the winners, even though I'd personally disagree with half of them.

durian said:

been a very good year, this.

I agree. And I hope that such quality releases will keep going in the next years too. :)

This years Cacowards should receive its own Cacoward for the quality of the write ups. Well done kmxexii, Alfonzo, Xaser, dew, Scuba and essel. Congratulations to all of the winners and also the runners up, and thank you for all of the quality Dooming you have provided for us these last 12 months. The next year already promises to be a great one!

Haha, Brutalist Doom. Love how people missed the joke on that one.

That BTSX2 shot is giving me mad Marathon 2 vibes. Maybe it's 'cuz I've had that series on the mind for the last couple months (seriously, it's so good you guys) but I definitely want to play it just for that.

Put me down for UAC Ultra 2. The original has a strong visual style that really appeals to me.

Congratulations to everyone who got an award, although I'm sad to not see Flashback there... for the amount of work he's done and the amount of consistently great projects he's put out that are all extremely fun to play and usually very atmospheric, he's doesn't get enough praise imo, so I'd like to send out my personal thanks to you, Vordakk, wherever you are, mate! :)

Also, big congratulations and hail to Joshy for Mapper of the Year!

wehay! So much good stuff this year, it could have easily been a top 20 list

mouldy said:

wehay! So much good stuff this year, it could have easily been a top 20 list

this exactly

A part of this D minus belongs to mrthejoshmon!

And Aubrey Hodges. And I guess I should also thank Xaser, because he's indirectly responsible for that thread bump.

Anyway, congratulations to all the winners and runners up!

I've drank a bit of Guinness Extra Stout to celebrate Doom's alcoholic legality so no surprises if I'm not so elaborate with my message here :P. Honestly, I was fully expecting someone with the likes of Mouldy or Obsidian to be taking the MOTY award; it goes without saying that the quality maps they have outputted is something to be admired at. I truly hope that people have shared sufficient attention to their works.

I have to emphasise that my work would not have been like this without the support of esselfortium and dew to start with (along with others no doubt). Indeed my experience with BtSX and Secret Santa helped immensely; I would have not started working on my gameplay/architecture design intensively without your (and others, you know who) forward feedbacks. And my map designs wouldn't have been as good without the general feedbacks from the doomworld community; the award given to me was a product of the doomworld community that have greatly helped out the last several significant years. Not sure that there's an appropriate word to describe how doomworld has helped with my mapping abilities. But it certainly boils down to two certain words: thank you. :-)

EDIT: Also, thanks to Alfonzo, I cannot possibly ever quit mapping without looking like an idiot, how can I possibly deny fireking's request to not cheat!?!

Guest Unregistered account

WOOOOOH!

I recon we should make a team effort to constantly send error reports to Google that simply say, "IT'S DOOM'S 21st BIRTHDAY!

Crap, all these WADs I need to play now. :D

Ah well, congratulations to all the winners! (And runners-up! And those folks I nominated that weren't even mentioned!) 2014 was truly a remarkable year.

WOOO 2 got mentioned! Good enough for me and congratulations on the WOOO 2 team for making the shit fest shitty enough to get the job done.

Oh and congratulations on everybody who actually got an award, may I forever remain jelly of your success.

(And I suppose Da Werecat should also be congratulated on turning one of my maps into a work of art)

Woah, I rejoined the forums just as Doom hit 21? Congratulations to all Cacoward winners, and hope to see you all again next year!

Cake time! Also, some drinks.

And seems I have missed some wads. Gonna rectify that soon enough.

Oh, and congrats for the winners.