Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

John Romero is publishing previously unreleased textures for the community on twitter

scalliano said:

Sounds about right. Thing is, I know squat about TEXTURES lumps.

Texture lumps I can practically do in my sleep. What we need first are suggestions for using those patches as textures, preferably with copy/paste mockups of what they'll look like.

scalliano said:

Sounds about right. Thing is, I know squat about TEXTURES lumps.

Nothing to it. Basically the graphics themselves are patches and need to be defined as such. Then, one or more patches are overlaid to create a texture, by listing the patches and their positions into a TEXTURE entry.

So, the idea I am describing is to take these new images, or patches, and make textures out of them. The question is: Which existing walls could you place these new images on top of, where they would look good?

Brewtal_Legend said:

I wonder if there were any enemy/item/weapon sprites that were cut from the game floating around that John has aside from the original Lost Souls?

Since they used models and preexisting resources to make the monsters, I'm guess no. Maybe some concept art, but they had fixed ideas before they even started rendering them digital.