Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Why is fruity alcohol seen as girly?

Actually, I have some fear-respect for fruity/sweetened alcohol. I can drink a lot of heavy stuff like whiskey, vodka and paint thinner-smelling homemade tsipouro, but adding sweet into the mix makes it instantly disgusting and stomach-upsetting for me.

I can't even stand the weird sweetish taste of anise in drinks, at it reminds me of denatured alcohol, but at least anise makes the drinks taste disgusting enough for me not to want to drink more than a few droplets at time.

Actually fruity/sweetened drinks however do not cause that instinctive protection reaction, they smell nice but then burn my throat, wreck my guts and even small amounts cause me instant headaches.

That might be simply because with heavily flavoured/sweetened drinks, they think they can get away with using cheaper/nastier alcohol, while with straight drinks they have to use good stuff (with the extreme being vodka: the ideal vodka is basically pure grain alcohol diluted to 40% concentration with pure water).

I can drink a bottle of good quality scotch or vodka and have no problems whatsoever (even the drunkedness goes away quite quickly) but with just a few sips of sweetened nasties...eww. IMO, people who drink those are just binge drinkers who want nothing more than getting smashed and throw up as quickly as possible, aka ideal for alcoholic british hooligans or tourists venting their frustrations by drinking, throwing up and mooning people.

Not sure why fruity alcohol is seen as girly...

I find the opposite to be better tasting and I don't even like alcohol. Budlight or Corona with lime and salt is fine. Tastes fine with hamburgers.