Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannonball

Ultimate Doom In Name Only - Limit removing project

1 hour ago, joe-ilya said:

I can't force to push someone else's map away, it can be rejected with a simple "no", which I didn't get from cannonball until now. I don't have hostages or blackmail material, stop exaggerating.

Taking a concept from a map, and executing it differently because I don't think it's memorable enough for its slot; is not rude, I was just trying to make a cooler opening map to make a better first impression for the megawad.

Since cannonball said no, I am going to repurpose it for the Doomer Boards Projects.

Enjoy your likes.

I was hoping you'd learn from your past mistakes and improve your attitude somewhat, but It seems like this isn't the case unfortunately. You should know better than to be a dick to people who have repeatedly told you to stop.

My main concerns:

1. Joe's map doesn't add anything new to the table
2. Why making a map all of the sudden without even asking to the project leaders if you can?
3. Did you even speak to the map's author at least?
4. Why doing the same greedy thing of posting "THIS IS MY TAKE ON MAPXX BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE THE ORIGINAL ONE BY X" just as with D2INO?

3 hours ago, joe-ilya said:

Making a map is not rude, regardless of context. If you feel morale is at risk, then you're reading too deep.

Yes, in this case is not only rude, but inconsiderate to force the project managers to replace a map you didn't like with yours just because. More in a project you don't even have any type of involvement, NOT EVEN PROPER FEEDBACK. And talking about feedback, first, give yours about E1M1 if there is anything to fix. No. If you don't like it doesn't count, preference is not proper feedback.

Have some manners, kid. This seems that is not the first time you are being like this.

And sorry, but the only way to treat "rude" people is by being "rude" (Not to say a total asshole), so I can't say anything nicer to you.

8 hours ago, Processingcontrol said:

The map could definitely use some changes - most obvious is the incredibly outdated meme in easter egg area - this should definitely be removed or replaced with something less cringey. Also now that project is limit-removing, the outdoor are could use some visual touch-ups - when designing it I had to make some major concessions to fit the vanilla limits.

Feel free to modify your map however you see fit. I think it's still a great entry, so don't feel pressured to build on it if you don't want to.

As for the joe E1M1 discussion—it's over. We don't need anyone else to comment on it.

Posted (edited)

I wanted to make the map because it's SO MUCH FUCKING FUN, I don't need a godamn license to make a map, that's my attitude!

While making the map, I knew there was a big risk of rejection, but I did it anyway because mapping is SO MUCH FUCKING FUN!

You guys are superstitious AF. Sure, call me a rude dick, or something, I'll still be making maps whenever I feel like it.

@Processingcontrol Your map is totally fine and good fun, I just don't like the empty hangar concept, I felt it was a waste of potential.

It seems like a rehash also because the layout itself resembles the progression: You start in some trenches, walk in corridors with windows, and end the map with a big square room with two ledges and teleporting enemies.

One thing I could pin-point is how the placement of the green armor is similar, as both of them are on top of some stairs that open up a trap.

Edited by joe-ilya

35 minutes ago, joe-ilya said:

I wanted to make the map because it's SO MUCH FUCKING FUN, I don't need a godamn license to make a map, that's my attitude!

While making the map, I knew there was a big risk of rejection, but I did it anyway because mapping is SO MUCH FUCKING FUN!

You guys are superstitious AF. Sure, call me a rude dick, or something, I'll still be making maps whenever I feel like it.

No we're not, but you are very inconsiderate, however. People have told you multiple times what the issue actually is here and you still dismiss them.

Besides

9 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

As for the joe E1M1 discussion—it's over. We don't need anyone else to comment on it.

Posted (edited)

There is also an option to compile "outtakes" wad when this project is completed. And include there maps that were not included in UDINO for some reasons, so that the work of the mappers was not in vain.

Posted (edited)

Rider's right, you'll still get your map featured in the UDINO expansion pack, heck, it'll be front and center since it's in the E1M1 slot

Also, first time I've heard the term DoomCute.. what's that mean?

Edited by Untamed64

1 minute ago, Untamed64 said:

First time I've heard the term DoomCute.. what's that mean?

It's a pretty new term. AFAIK, it usually refers to making small things in a Doom map, usually real things but I don't know if that's necessarily a requirement. We'd have to ask the person who made up the term, whoever they are.

As an example - There's a little gameboy in a map I made 15 years ago. Although the term didn't exist then, I'm almost certain it would qualify as "DoomCute":

Screenshot_Doom_20200520_145858.png.0df2707691d84fd8bc55f5e96d3bb234.png

Oh, I love that sort of thing.

That and sector furniture are so aesthetically pleasing.