Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Libor_john66

Aliens Coming! One Episode Doom 1 WAD

Hello there! I am Libor_John66 and about a year ago I started to work on my own WAD. It's called "Aliens Coming!". It's starting with levels in bases, coming later to the underground. I will think about adding secret level.

Pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uvom9dbpmw5mx3/Doomworld.zip?dl=0

Storyline: Team 7 has landed on the planet called T-27-A. They are explorers, with not very well trained security. They dig too deep, and they discover ancient races, coming from the core of the planet. They woke up. It's too late. They are already in the base, kidnapping my good friend Jack. I need to save him. I will go through the fire, monsters and rock to save him. Right into the core.

Status: Already finished 2 levels, with almost finished 3. level.

Please, if you have any ideas about this, don't be shy and write! There is chance I will use it!

Adding info every Thursday since now until project is finished. But replying everyday! Thanks for your support!

Sorry, but: Libor_john66, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Nobody cares about story in the first place, Libor_john66. Words alone are insignificant, specially since you're new and unknown here. People are not going to be interested, until you prove them that your work is worth it. Everyone just wants to play a wad, or at least see screenshots. Can you provide some? :)

ok cool, but any screenshot?

From idea doesn't sound bad, looks like Aliens marines meets the moira mines in outer space or some stuff like that...

scifista42 said:

Sorry, but: Libor_john66, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Nobody cares about story in the first place, Libor_john66. Words alone are insignificant, specially since you're new and unknown here. People are not going to be interested, until you prove them that your work is worth it. Everyone just wants to play a wad, or at least see screenshots. Can you provide some? :)

I don't think the [newproject] tag really applies here, since Libor_john isn't asking for anything more than discussion and ideas.

With that said, though, it's pretty hard to get people interested in a project thread if there's nothing they can see of the project.

Gee, what's with people keeping on making threads about a project without anything visual, a pic would be much MUCH appreciated.

You finished two maps but wont show us screenshots?
Oh I have ideas for map01, I think that star looking room with aliens should have some statues of Massmouth OH WAIT!! I don't actually know what map01 looks like because you posted no screenshots.

Seriously if you post a thread like this and say you got some progress then please show some, because a story doesn't count without screenshots unless your writing us a book.

scifista42 said:

Sorry, but: Libor_john66, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project...[/u]

Nobody cares about story in the first place, Libor_john66. Words alone are insignificant, specially...

Yeah of course, but actually I'm not at home right now, so I will add pictures sometimes through the next week. And you are right, but don't worry, I will ad first levels and pictures soon. Anyway, thanks for letting me know.

walter confalonieri said:

ok cool, but any screenshot?

From idea doesn't sound bad, looks like Aliens...

Yeah sure, pictures coming soon, don't worry.

And I'm still not finally decided how will everything looks like, so. Be sure to check this post later.

esselfortium said:

I don't think the [newproject] tag really applies here, since Libor_john isn't asking for anything more...

I'm not searching for help, just tell if you are interested in, or give me some ideas! Don't be shy! Anyway, as I said, pictures coming soon.

Unholypimpin said:

You finished two maps but wont show us screenshots?
Oh I have ideas for map01, I think that star looking room with aliens should have some statues of Massmouth OH WAIT!! I don't actually know what map01 looks like because you posted no screenshots.

Seriously if you post a thread like this and say you got some progress then please show some, because a story doesn't count without screenshots unless your writing us a book.

Sure, they will come during the next days.

OK, you wanted screenshots. I finally had opportunity to take some. I just want to tell you, that textures in the level will be modified, so its not the final version.

Protip #2: posting 6 times in a row is never necessary. If you want to reply to multiple questions, do them all in one post. Use the edit button if you need to.

Looking forward to seeing the screenshots.

Post the pic's on a image hosting site and paste the links here. You will probably get more people interested.

Most of the areas look too simplistic, uncomfortably cramped, and with unimpressive monochromatic texturing. You pay little attention to tiling and colour combinations, some of your rooms look jarring because of that. Specially the room with doors and a nukage floor and the room with ceiling on the same level as the sky - these two look bad. Remember that you can't easily fix it only by adding detail - instead, you might want to rethink and redo the map structure and texturing. ;)

And really, you should post your screenshots on a site http://imgur.com/ or similar, and post direct links so that people can immediately see them. Do NOT post screenshots as a zip file.

Libor_john66 said:

Pictures had to be online yesterday, but I got corrupted link. Here is link to download pictures and it should work.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uvom9dbpmw5mx3/Doomworld.zip?dl=0

Enjoy and write some feedback! I just say again THIS IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION!

I thought this was another Aliens wad, as in H.R. Giger's Aliens. But at any rate, I think it might be helpful for you to start up an imgur account, and host your pics from there. That way, people can view your pics as thumbnails embedded into the thread. You will most likely get more people to view your pics like that, than to have them download it first. When you want people to check out something new, you should make it as convenient as possible for them, to maximize your viewership.

from the shots it look simplistic but nice...

also, why using STEP textures for upper textures as i seen in a pair of screenshots? it doesn't look that good...

You are telling me textures are boring...I know! I repeate this is not the final version, and I mean I first finish the core of the level and than I will play with the textures. But thanks for the critics.

UPDATE: OK, I didn't have a lot of time, but still I made some updates:

- Modified boring textures in first level
- Second level is 80 % done

I'll post some new pics soon! :)

And at the 3.3.2015 I will release Alpha version 1.0 that contains:

- 2 finished levels
- Some pictures from another levels will also be released

Sorry for being late. The illness has catched me and I didn't even get to PC. And I can't forget I have a busy time at school. So it should be released to end of the March. Hope you're looking forward :)