Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Hardest game Enemy you ever fought .

To continue on this Dark Souls bit, the first fucking Capra Demon fight. One big demon swinging girders around haphazardly and two rabid dogs with skin conditions in what barely qualifies as a walk-in closet. Of course, the camera is either up your own ass or in a tree somewhere. My first playthrough had a lot of trial-and-error to figure out exactly how to not get immediately killed. Now I've got it down pretty well and it's not an issue, but holy hell the whole team must have been drunk the day they came up with that fight.

Honestly, I don't see why people had issues with the Capra Demon.

I wasted him first try, he is a pathetic boss and only the map design makes him any kind of threat.

Now Gravelord Nito, that guy can go fuck himself.

Hehe, one of the (many) things I love about Dark Souls is how different folks have different experiences with the bosses -- Capra Demon was a huge hurdle for me the first time through (he's dead easy once you get better at the game though), but I wiped the floor clean with Nito's remains when I first got to him. Hwelp. :P

What's constant, though, is that Ornstein and Smough will probably super-murder everyone's ass. :P

The Dark Demon Lord from Demon's Crest. The guy that programmed that boss was a fucking sadist. i can only think of like 5 commercial games with a harder boss, and i've played a countless amount of games.

Sorry, but HL2 Ep2 doesn't come close to oldschool 8 and 16 bit games where you couldn't save and encountered final bosses with maybe a life or two to get it right...

pritch said:

Sorry, but HL2 Ep2 doesn't come close to oldschool 8 and 16 bit games where you couldn't save and encountered final bosses with maybe a life or two to get it right...

Yeah I was thinking about the final boss of Bionic Commando for this topic. The bosses from Castlevania 3 when they double or triple them up. Bleed has 3 bosses at once, but eh no one plays that game.

The hardest enemy I ever fought? The AI of partners in Daikatana or the human partners in TF2 MVM Expert.

the mirror match fights in the original mortal kombat.
Instead of having a normal match you fight a sort of endurance match
where the second enemy jumps in after you beat the first without restoring your health.

Most difficult video game thing I've done is in wow. I would argue for 25 man heroic anub'arak and alone in the darkness yogg saron as being the most difficult I have dealt with in any video game.

Holy shit, I just went up against Atheon from Destiny.

I'm not sure what makes him tougher:

- The complete BS backwards ass never explained way of actually being able to damage him.

- Team death = complete restart.

- Constantly spawning enemies (that swarm you or explode on you).

- Retarded team mates resulting in multiple restarts (Being the only guy with any Oracle kills was depressing, I don't even want to talk about the Gorgon maze experience either).

- The fact that you just went through a labyrinth to get there.

It took us 3 hours, 3 fucking hours. Just to top it off we didn't even finish it, everybody rage quit but me and I was left solo doing a job designed for at least 4 people (So I left).

mrthejoshmon said:

Destiny is homosex.

Prepare for more of this, because that game gets even dumber as you go further into it. I just ended up quitting, it was fucking way too stupid. The fact they screwed everyone completely from the beta to release, and then even further with how they handled the DLC just proved to me the game was a complete failure. It's all just stuff left over from Halo Bungie never used those games, and I'm not really sure at this point if I'll ever buy a game by them again after that whole experience anyway.

I'm totally with you on bad its team play is by the way. PVP is next to impossible, no matter how skilled you are at FPS games. I consider myself a seasoned veteran and yet every 3 seconds I ended up getting railed through the head from half across the entire map by someone who figured out how to use the flying ability to clip outside the normal map boundaries, or just ended up on a team of complete retards who weren't even taking the game seriously at all.

Anyway, hardest boss for me right now is Gravelord Nito from Dark Souls. He IS beatable, but if you don't know what to do the first few times around, or are just ill equipped? Sumbitch will blast from here into infinity in just a few hits and keep going. He's nuts.

[Updated] Oh and I forgot to mention, these total ASSHOLES from the Deadpool game: http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1923091.ece/alternates/s1227b/dp2.jpg

Now at first, they're nothing to worry about at all. They are just totally filler enemies, and usually just melee on you to get completely chewed up and spat out. Later on in the game? They get assault rifles that for whatever can just completely NUKE your health. Three of them can take you down in seconds, and in this game you're playing a X-men mutant that has regenerative abilities out the ying yang, and generally you're put against 10 to 15 of them at a time. I just found it really stupid that I constantly had to watch my ass more for those guys who supposed to low-tier loser enemies than I ended up having to do with the bigger ones who actual threat. As when it finally came to huge brawls in the game where it was me VS those dudes and few of the mid to high tier monsters I was just constantly getting skullraped by these guys. Basically its like if someone gave vanilla Doom's Former Humans the sheer oppositional strength of Brutal Doom's heavy weapons minigun guys. It just threw the combat retardedly off balance for the rest of the game in places. Seas of cloned exploding suicide bomber Gambits were more fun to deal with lets just say.

One of the first really Tough bosses I remember was Metal Sonic, from Sonic 2, it was hideously frustrating, until I found you had to jump on his nose, and not his head. I needed a guide for that... the actual final boss was pretty easy, in comparison!
Of course, there was no saving in those days. If you got defeated (or if it was bed time), you had to play through the whole game again the next day!

Also, I can't remember if it was Sonic 3, or SnK, when you fight Robotnik on a platform. There's a long ride to reach him, so if you're Super Sonic, your rings all run out and you're left defenceless for the boss fight.

The final boss from the first Sonic The Hedgehog never gave me any trouble the first time round, though. But on a later, emulated, replay, it suddenly seemed rock-hard.

Also the ghosts from Citadel on the BBC Micro. It wasn't until Youtube that I discovered you could kill them with "head shots". I'd always just been trying to avoid them, which isn't easy when they fly and noclip!

In more "recent" times (only 10 years ago), the cops in The Getaway! I think they were supposed to be semi-intelligent, so if you had a just-stolen, un-damaged car, and drove at the speed limit, they wouldn't notice you immediately. But it only seemed to work half the time.

Like for Metal Sonic from Sonic CD,if i remember it was the one before final boss and you have to fight both metal sonic and Eggman together,if you slow down you'll get killed by eggman's laser,and if you Speed up metal sonic will charge and hit you,it's a kind of challenges where you must reach the exit first .. but i've beaten it anyway :p

I just played through Sonic CD for the first time a month or so ago. Metal Sonic took me an hour to complete in a game that I rarely died. I think it took me 2 hours to complete the whole thing even with that hour against Metal Sonic.

You know, I thought Spawn in Quake were bad enough in the original game & required a fair amount of concentration to avoid and survive. Then I play the second expansion pack and start finding these fuckers -

Can't find a picture of it, but if anyone remembers E1L10 of Monster Bash you should damn well remember that demonic rocking horse in the attic. That thing was a bitch to kill.

Kirby said:

Can't find a picture of it, but if anyone remembers E1L10 of Monster Bash you should damn well remember that demonic rocking horse in the attic. That thing was a bitch to kill.

There was a way to kill it below the attic.

Goro in the first MK is painfully fuck all a cheapskate. Nevermind the endurance round. Shang Tsung is a pussy. Motherfucking Original Goro. Motaro doesn't even have shit on original Goro. And that's from even coming from the GBA MK, which is the most cheating game on the face of the planet (Unless you play as one of the few characters who has a spam attack that's fast enough to keep them at bay, like Fireballs, or purple energy balls, grenades, and in Kano's case, a long leg for repeated kicking).

I bought the GBA MK Advance day one. Awful game. Poor controls, laggy button input. Goro, Kintaro and Motaro were all bastards, and Motaro was probably the easiest out of them all. Mortal Kombat always had a put a quarter in make it easier mechanic. Basically every time you put a quarter in, your opponent's difficulty gets weaker. Yes Shang Tsung was easy, that's why Kahn was more like Goro and Kintaro.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Smash TV yet. Specifically the home console versions with limited lives/continues.. I can't get past the second main area without dying because Mutoid Man is cheating piece of shit. The game is really fun, though. If you haven't played it, do it now.

Again, not one particular enemy, but Ninja Gaiden 1-3 are all just fucking cruel. Again, super fun games.

Clonehunter said:

GBA MK, which is the most cheating game on the face of the planet

You can say that again. What a shit biscuit. I'll always be partial to MK 1 & 2 on snes, the music and visuals were just perfect. MK 9 was a completely flawless modern-day remake, too. Oddly, the series feels very 'whole' if you just play 1, 2, 3 and 9.

Doomkid said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned Smash TV yet. Specifically the home console versions with limited lives/continues.. I can't get past the second main area without dying because Mutoid Man is cheating piece of shit. The game is really fun, though. If you haven't played it, do it now.

Again, not one particular enemy, but Ninja Gaiden 1-3 are all just fucking cruel. Again, super fun games.

You can say that again. What a shit biscuit. I'll always be partial to MK 1 & 2 on snes, the music and visuals were just perfect. MK 9 was a completely flawless modern-day remake, too. Oddly, the series feels very 'whole' if you just play 1, 2, 3 and 9.

Yeah Smash TV is a total quarter muncher. I've always been a fan since it was on Super Nintendo. I used to complete the game almost every weekend. Sometimes with my neighbor. We could make it through the first level with no deaths. He was a stickler for no deaths and would reset the game if one of us died (mainly me).

I can't believe the follow up Total Carnage was just a typical arcade top down shooter. It had to be more difficult to make the original content instead of prefab rooms like Smash TV. The game was much shorter too.

I really only liked the first Ninja Gaiden. I tried getting into the later 2, but just couldn't.

MK 4 and even Deception seemed like a rehash character wise. A lot of characters were aligned with previous characters not in the game so they had a lot of the same special moves.

Hardest that I can remember at this time.

Smelter Demon Blue + Red (Dark Souls 2)
-His overhead attacks have massive hitboxes and essentially one shot you after he powers up his sword. His huge damage + resistance + attrition damage just made him hell for a melee character. I ended up beating him after I removed all of my armor. Still required good execution but I had more time to deal with the overhead swings of death.

Ornstein and Smough (Dark Souls)
-Took around 3 hrs to complete, Smough's shovel attack and Ornstein's aggression can be overwhelming.

Solgryn + Sonic (Boshy)
- Hard for a lot of stupid reasons but I would still put it on this list. Sonic is overall quite difficult to control while solgryn requires lots of patience and knowledge of the previous phases.

Thorim, Mimiron, Algalon, Yogg'saron (1/0 Keeper), hard modes
- The later ulduar hard modes could be pretty brutal, but were insanely satisfying to beat.

Final Boss, Contra 3 allien wars.
-6 Bosses in a row followed by a final boss in which some of the phases are almost certain death if you hit the wrong bubbles. You can be killed by a secret phase of the final boss in hard mode after you've essentially won the game. This guy took some serious practice.

Vortigaunt from Half-Life 2,not a boss but i really hate this monster,it can kill you in 1 shot with his laser but you can't do so :S ...

The first boss I ever saw. Took all my quarters, over a week's on vacation on Crete. Even though the people who owned the cafe were nice and gave me free credits.

Found the arcade again in Scandinavia somwehere many years later, when the age of arcades was waning, and hammered it some more. Tough as nails - still haven't beaten it.

Hatsune Miku - Project Diva F, Sadistic Music Factory,a really annoyin and HARD Music to beat,i Missed so much times and still haven't beaten it ..... UGHHHH !!

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Vortigaunt from Half-Life 2,not a boss but i really hate this monster,it can kill you in 1 shot with his laser but you can't do so :S ...

Speaking of Half-Life, I really hated fighting the Gornarch that first time way back when. I found it all very annoying.