Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Mori Christmas! (huge Boom speedmap for Christmas)

I'm not the man of the words - currently, at least. So here's a Christmas map I made during the weekend. Boom compatible, kinda ugly, kinda unbalanced, uses various Xmas sprites and uses textures from Eternal's NORDHELL WAD.

Hope you enjoy! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Download here.

PS.: Phobus, the Cacodemon bulb sprites are damn amazing, thanks for them!

FDA. I liked it, nice atmosphere and usage of winter resources. Only the final battle was lame, no challenge, just running around in circles.

I liked it, I actually thought it was pretty with a nice Christmas atmosphere (I really liked the pinky sprite). A bit unbalanced yes, but over all it was fun to play. Thank you for making this map.

Thank you guys! I hope you enjoyed the very last room as well, I had plenty of work with that. :P

Also, theoretically it's gonna be published on /idgames too.

The colossal amount of infighting that I had to do was incredible.

I like using strategy to win maps, the giant battle that occurs after you press the all 3 key switch is absolutely brilliant.

Although I felt bad for shooting the Christmas Katamori at the end :(

Katamori said:

Thank you guys! I hope you enjoyed the very last room as well, I had plenty of work with that. :P

Also, theoretically it's gonna be published on /idgames too.

If you would, ask Ty to put it on to Themes/Xmas :)

What a great Christmas map! Thanks for making this. I loved the little touches in the last room especially how the date on the wall changed.

This was a rather fun Christmas wad to play though. I'm also going to agree with Omegalore that there needs to be more Christmas maps. I didn't think it was too challenging. I especially liked the last room. Thanks for the map!

Here is a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaIq1SOTlOE

LingtheDoomGuy said:

Great wad! Only problem is, when I did my run I only got 99% kills. I'm not sure if the spider masterminds were supposed to teleport into the main battle area. Is it actually possible to get 100% kills for that map?

I had the same problem in both my test and recorded run. There are four spider masterminds that don't teleport in. I'm assuming they can't because there is no room for them to teleport in without getting stuck into a wall. I could be wrong here.

Out of bounds? I used the "balcony" with the switch to jump over the fence.

Regardless, 'twas a fun little romp to start off my Christmas day. The last room was cute too.

Sorry, I didn't want to f&ck around with snowfall textures too much, so I may have forgotten to add them on some places.