Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Toenail

DB2 Replace Missing Textures

Just wondering if there is an easy way to replace all missing textures at once in Doom Builder 2?

I tried Find & Replace mode to replace "-" but that applies unwanted midtextures everywhere.

Map Analysis Mode has an option to replace missing texture with the default texture, but you can only do one at a time.

I've been using Doombuilder 2 for the past few years and I think Find and Replace & Map Analysis Mode are your only options to replace missing or current textures.

Maybe GZDoombuilder has more features?

Changed in GZDB r2153:
1. Find and Replace mode: only used sidedef parts are now found when searching for missing texture ("-").
2. Find and Replace mode: only textures on used sidedef parts are now replaced when replacing missing texture ("-").

Using Doombuilder 2 :
* Find every missing texture used,and use Find and Replace mode to replace them all ...

This is the main reason I didn't finish a map for 32in24. I was afk for most of the day and was thinking about refurbishing "Really Pissed Off Libraries" from 32in24-7 with all sorts of teleport ambushes, but half of the textures used weren't recognized in the texture pack, so I would have had to analyze the map, jot down the texture1 names of all the missing textures, look at them in a lump editor, compare them to the texture pack, and replace them all one by one with their closest lookalikes. I only had a couple hours left to do just that, let alone any of the thing placement so I just skipped it, and that late in the day I wasn't motivated to make a map from scratch.