Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireFish

When did you play, and how ?

When did you last play doom 3 or its demo and how ?
If you want to express something about your doom 3 game experience or what you did, go ahead.

the last time i played the demo was around 2005 and it came with a gaming magazine disk. in the years following that, i never finished the full game... last time i ran the old doom 3 was to test some graphics mods around early 2013. then i bought the bfg edition and cheated my way to hell so i could finally finish it... (i literally cheated myself to the hell maps.)

When i get sucked into 'creepy' games i suddenly get this massive disconnect with them so they end up on the sideline.

I Found a demo for it (don't remember exactly which website) back to 2006, and somehow i really enjoyed it and decided to buy it from EBay,DOOM3 was the first game i ever played in DOOM Series and it was the reason why i bought DOOM 2 from steam .

Got the game for Christmas in 2004 and I've literally been playing it ever since. Although I enjoy vanilla gameplay, I've modified the spread of the shotgun and a few other weapons to tweak the game to my liking. Some HD graphics mods and countless community map releases over the years have made the game completely timeless for me.

I've never understood the hate on here for Doom 3. There's tons of excellent mods to play through - both gameplay and story/map related. Pretty much every day I find myself playing the game. Not as much as the original Dooms, but they're all excellent. I have high hopes for the new Doom 4 as it sounds like a combination of Doom 3's horror and classic Doom's action. I think it's going to kick some serious ass.

I do not think doom 3 is hated, Its just very difficult to mod for even with the engine being open source. Most mods seem to be rather easy weapon script changes where they altered some numbers.

the last one i played before my hardware trashed itself was the game "grim; the quest for the gatherers key". And yes i call it a new game instead of a total conversion. It is a game using the engine. It must have been a small hell to create that game as a hobby on such difficult technology.

I agree that it's a difficult game to mod for. However, there are still tons of great mods/maps to experience despite what some people on here say. There's enough free downloadable content to match the original game 10 times over. If you want some of the better mods I can link you some.