Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

My collection grows

I have most of the console versions of Doom currently headed in my direction for consoles I own. A couple got here just in time before the holidays. The rest should be here next week ;)

Nice! I have most of the console ports but nothing to play them on.

Is that "DUMB This image has been resized. . ." image header a new forum feature?

GreyGhost said:

Is that "DUMB This image has been resized. . ." image header a new forum feature?

Yeah, seems to automatically set images to conform to 800x600 if they're over that. Saves the moderators some time :P

BaronOfStuff said:

All part of Quasar's plan to allow native support for the data from these versions in EE!

The Everything Engine

That PSX Doom longbox looks awfully tempting... I've found a couple that are not too expensive on eBay, but aside from growing my collection, I wouldn't really do anything with it.

MFG38 said:

That PSX Doom longbox looks awfully tempting... I've found a couple that are not too expensive on eBay, but aside from growing my collection, I wouldn't really do anything with it.

Some of the Japanese covers are quite interesting, especially different being the Doom 64 one- having the main DOOM 64 but also the Katakana for "Duumu 64" against a textured background.

Oh, I love this stuff! I was on a kick a few years ago when I was buying pretty much anything doom related. I loved the random shareware distributions that were fully packaged. I thought this was another shareware package but it looks to have the full version with 4 floppies plus the 1.666 upgrade. Also 3D Alien Busters.

hobomaster22 said:

Oh, I love this stuff! I was on a kick a few years ago when I was buying pretty much anything doom related. I loved the random shareware distributions that were fully packaged. I thought this was another shareware package but it looks to have the full version with 4 floppies plus the 1.666 upgrade. Also 3D Alien Busters.

Yup the Japanese are often very kind with their packaging- especially for things like the Famicom and Super-Fami games!

I giggled when I saw the Alien Busters too!

hobomaster22 said:

I thought this was another shareware package but it looks to have the full version with 4 floppies plus the 1.666 upgrade. Also 3D Alien Busters.

Should be shareware on two disks and registered Doom v1.1 on the other four. My copy seems to be missing that update disk.

hobomaster22 said:

Any chance you can get a better pic of the back of this? I have a really clear one of the front but none of the back. There's NO info about this online, at all.

I also don't guess anybody reads Japanese in here? :P

Quasar said:

Any chance you can get a better pic of the back of this? I have a really clear one of the front but none of the back. There's NO info about this online, at all.

I also don't guess anybody reads Japanese in here? :P

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/191507275
http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u71879084
Both games here- shots of the backs too!
EDIT:
Doom II

Spoiler

Front scan
Spoiler

Back Scan

BONUSES:
Duke 3D
Spoiler

Front scan
Spoiler

Back Scan

BLOOD
Spoiler

Front scan
Spoiler

Back Scan

I recently got a Doom hoodie from the Bethesda store. Pretty awesome. Only kind of related I guess. :P

Though I do have that same long box copy of Playstation Doom along with a standard jewel case version.. the discs have different art on them.. hehe. Played through it co-op using link cable a good while ago, fun times.

Quasar said:

Any chance you can get a better pic of the back of this? I have a really clear one of the front but none of the back.

Here's a scan of the entire inlay. I seem to have run into some sort of white balance issue either when scanning or flipping the front cover, so it's fairly obvious where the scans join. Might get better results with the scanner's Autotone feature turned off.

[4466x2755 - 16.19MB)

EDIT - fiddled with the contrast in that part of the picture, so the join's now less noticeable.

Jet1337 said:

I don't see Doom for the 32X...

Don't own one to play it on :P Wouldn't mind but I haven't even looked into what it'd cost me to get a full Sega system going.

fraggle said:

Not much, if the AVGN is anything to go by.

No flea markets around these parts any more (closest one would be somewhere up in the OKC area). So all I have to go with is eBay.

Technician said:

The Sega peripherals you find around flea markets and thrift stores rarely work.

Mostly because they are left outside right in the sun for hours on end for days on end.

Linguica said:

I just got a package today. $6 baby!! I'm gonna know everything!!

Oh yeah, you just got served.