Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zaldron

30 Fps Legacy Movie

WTF?! I'm not paying to watch this movie. Someone that already has a subscription to GameSpy please make the file available for download.

5 fps, what were they thinking?

Pay? It's free.

I'd let you download it off my comp, but I'm on 512K up only... and besides I have to shut down now.

Crix said:

WTF?! I'm not paying to watch this movie.

You only pay to have a personal server; wait in line and it's free.

FilePlanet? FilePlanet?!?!
Forget it, if it's FilePlanetm=, fuck it, it can wait.

don't worry Doomboy. I am here for the community.

as soon I get it I'll up it to my servers.

Interesting Stupid Fact #1 : Fountainhead's logo looks remarkably similar to that old Doom 3 logo found in the technology test.

Interesting Stupid Fact #2 : Doom's editor can flip the normals in each brush. That's fucking great. Makes the job of setting up the carcass of the level way easier.

Interesting Stupid Fact #3 : The Imp appears to have hair.

Interesting Stupid Fact #4 : The rendering code actually blurs your vision when get struck. I just have no idea how Carmack did this.

Zaldron said:

Interesting Stupid Fact #4 :[/b] The rendering code actually blurs your vision when get struck. I just have no idea how Carmack did this.

really?i didn`t notice that.
/load movie

Not only that I also found comments from people who saw the presentation noticing this.

Oh, nice. REALLY nice. That's all there is to say, really. Now if it can run at this speed on my pc when it comes out, I'll be happy like a little kid who just found his dad's stack of Hustler magazine.

Zaldron said:

There's a mirror down at 3dgamers.

Do be so kind as to give an URL.

Zaldron said:

Interesting Stupid Fact #4 : The rendering code actually blurs your vision when get struck. I just have no idea how Carmack did this.

Uh, he put in a blur filter perhaps? ;)

Or Carmack wrote his own assembley code.. which is more than likely to get most of the core doom3 functions working at a fast, and efficient pace. Hell, i know that he wrote the lighting instructions from scratch.. there's no pre-defined direct3d or opengl functions that are powerful enough to do the dynamic lighting that he's rendering in real time.. at least to my knowledge.

[updated]

Here are more links to the 30fps version.
Now there is a low quality version with 30fps too....

High quality with 30fps:
http://ftp.gamesweb.com/pub/movies/e3/DOOM_III_Legacy_high.zip

http://www.dailyrush.dk/files/movies/908/download/

(This wasn't responding when I tried the last time)
http://195.145.119.170/download3/games/e3/doom_iii_legacy_high.zip

Low quality with 30fps: removed

Here is an edited version with ingame parts only :
(This wasn't responding when I tried the last time)
http://195.145.119.170/download3/games/e3/Doom3_ingame.zip

Where are you seeing the screen blur, Zaldron?

ps. Is "Green Marine" a name I can change or one I'm assigned?

Crix said:

It's just a title depending on how many posts you've made. Keep posting and you'll soon be a "member".

Crix said:

Where are you seeing the screen blur, Zaldron?

I think he means the blur/jiggle of the view as the Imp hits the player at about 6:38. And no, you can't change your user title unless you're a moderator, or you're sleeping with one.

I don't know... it just looks like the viewer's camera pans down. I don't see any blur involved.

BTW, the IMP RULES!! Well, I think some nice bone looking spikes are needed but the modern version of the flame ball attack is wicked cool(Massachuetts vernacular). I also wish the face was more visible. The face of the original DooM Imp is one of its most prominent features.. that big gaping red mouth and the eyes. The head of the new Imp is too friggin dark to discern much detail.

Flathead, don't pretend not to remember that steamy night we had back in the summer of 2000. hahahah