Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Taskmaster777

Creation of metal music mod for Doom 2

I am having a blast playing DooM and I want to have a custom soundtrack for Doom 2. I do not know how to name the files to be specific for one level at a time or if it has to be grouped into multiple levels because when I look up DooM 2 music lists they are all named the same.

Are you looking for specific metal or doesn't matter? I already posted two entries on /idgames that might be of interest in my sig.

(I do not know how to reply individually to posts x_X) Is MAPINFO for batch files or DECORATE scripts? My thought was to use SLADE to create a wad or pk3 file of actual mp3 tracks (not midis) such as Tankard's "Need Money for Beer" or Black Sabbath's "Children of the Grave" playing in the background of each individual level of Doom 2. I understand the naming conventions for Doom such as "D_E2M8" but not the specific naming conventions for Doom 2 (maybe such as MAP01 or MAP01 "Grave", I do not know) (This would only be for personal use I would not distribute this.)

Would the same song with vocals not get bothersome after a while on large levels?

There is a doom metal pk3 mod with high quality metal music for the game.The only thing i wonder about is where they got the metal from...