Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015 (January 4th 2015)

I'll see if I can catch Duke Nukem 3D. Maybe also Descent and Blood.

I've pretty much got sick of replaying Doom 1, I know every secret,monster placement,pretty much everything that I see no point in replaying the base game.

Looking forward to see some videos. The row of games from "Dark Forces II" to "Descent" looks interesting. And "Half Life" to "Portal 2" too, although I won't be able to watch these live.

Archi said:

WTF, Broforce isn't even finished yet, but it's on the list.

yeah that is a little weird. that sounds like would be a blast to watch regardless though

Doominator2 said:

I've pretty much got sick of replaying Doom 1, I know every secret,monster placement,pretty much everything that I see no point in replaying the base game.

Well, I think last year Dime played Plutonia, so it could have been cool to have TNT, for example.

Archi said:

Game is public, therefore its released. That's a good one due to randomized chaos.

Archi said:

AGDQ has always had a couple of "weird" games for speedrunning, and Broforce fits the bill perfectly because it's ridiculously random. So it being on the list despite being work in progress is fine because it's never going to be a serious speedrunning game anyway. Unless the developers add a fixed randomless-mode, that is.

tnt and scythe were in the schedule but i had to cancel this time around. it conflicted with my autocad 2 course. real life got in the way.

I'm only taking off a couple days this time instead of the whole week, since the lineup doesn't look that exciting and MOST of the stuff I'm interested in to a lesser degree is during the evening anyway. I'm sure I'll have it on every moment I'm at my computer though ;)

Here's hoping for some Doom-related stuff for SGDQ. Somebody needs to show off Strife at one of these things :v

Dime said:

tnt and scythe were in the schedule but i had to cancel this time around. it conflicted with my autocad 2 course. real life got in the way.

Oh, that's a shame. I really liked your Plutonia run, it was real fun. It will be weird (at least for me) to have all those classic games but no Doom.

Thanks for making an effort Dime, I've enjoyed your past live runs. Next time!

The culture of Twitch chatrooms is completely foreign to me. It's just an endless stream of people posting tiny pictures of faces and shouting memes over and over?

Twitch chat is pretty much the worst thing on the internet. A stream that has <1000 people is usually okay, but >2000 is completely unbearable.

...AGDQ chat probably has >100,000 right now

GDQ chat is the best thing to exist.

On an actual serious note, Tekwar hype!

I don't think the chat is bad tbh. It makes the stream cozy, and you can always disable it :-)

Too bad @ Dime :/

Yeah, I was really looking forward to Dime's TNT run. Damn you real life things, always getting in the way D:

Looper said:

I don't think the chat is bad tbh. It makes the stream cozy

How? It's impossible to read or interact with, it's literally just an endless stream of garbage.

Inkie said:

I'm under the assumption that Twitch Chat is Youtube Comments, only in real time.

Nope. A single moron can stand out in YT comments with spectacular stupidity. Twitch chat is devoid of individuality, any unique thought will be drowned in memes and emotes within microseconds. I guess it's like a text version of football fans chanting at a really packed game. It probably works as ambient, but since it's visually distracting and impossible to decypher, I find it better to remove it.

Also unrelated: not a fan of these Kongs and Marios. Gimme real games with real tricks!