Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FragsBunny

An idea inspired by Doom 2 In Name Only

Aren't you interested in trying this project by yourself? Someone wanted to make a map for Black Mesa, for example...

I really wish I could map by myself, but now I'm working 5 days/8 hours in a week, so...

cq75 said:

I'd like to see this happen now on a MAP15 or MAP31... cool ideas!

Make the bonus level exit obvious but very challenging to get to, damaging (exit) floors + heavy enemy placement and no safe zones, to get to the secret level you have to find hidden, secret megaspheres, invul spheres etc. throughout the map.

You'd have to make it obvious to the player somehow that dying doesn't mean failure, though, maybe make this area like the moonbase at the end of E1 so maybe people will get the idea.

It's an intriguing idea but you'd need to change the title to No-One Lives Forever Except That Bloke Who Found The Megasphere. :P

MajorRawne said:

It's an intriguing idea but you'd need to change the title to No-One Lives Forever Except That Bloke Who Found The Megasphere. :P

True but I'd personally think it would be funny if you could prove the game wrong if you were good enough to fight through a group of monsters designed to kill you and escape to the bonus level.

I still want this thread to be active, to be honest. What would be the next big community project, if not this one?

Fragos said:

What would be the next big community project, if not this one?

Hahahahaha. Community Chest 5, of course! ;)

There's also ROP, Sincity's mapping project, Just GZDoom etc etc.

Your project idea is nice food for thought. But if nobody feels like mapping, nothing much can be done. Organization of a community project is pain in the ass, too, and actual good results are never guaranteed.