Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Christine Cavanaugh Dead at 51

Christine Cavanaugh died at the age of 51 on December 22, 2014. She was best known for her voice acting work for characters like Chuckie Finster from Rugrats and Babe from the film named after the character. I didn't know her much, but I do remember many of the characters she played before she died. My condolences go to her friends and family.

Here's an article with more information:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/30/showbiz/celebrity-news-gossip/feat-obit-christine-cavanaugh-babe-rugrats-voice/

I knew her for those voices, while I never knew her name. Maybe now they'll have to cancel Rug Rats. She was really young in terms of cartoon voice actors. Some voice actors even now a days are 70 and still working.

geo said:

Maybe now they'll have to cancel Rug Rats.

Yep, they'll definitely have to cancel it now, especially seeing as it actually ended around 10 years ago.

Even if it was ongoing, it wouldn't have mattered. Christine Cavanaugh retired in 2001.

BaronOfStuff said:

Yep, they'll definitely have to cancel it now, especially seeing as it actually ended around 10 years ago.

Even if it was ongoing, it wouldn't have mattered. Christine Cavanaugh retired in 2001.

They had a spin off where the Rug Rats were all teenagers. That was canceled 6 years ago.

geo said:

Maybe now they'll have to cancel Rug Rats.

Wait... euh ? what ?!
Did that kids show still exist as a running series ???

geo said:

They had a spin off where the Rug Rats were all teenagers. That was canceled 6 years ago.

That show was "All Grown Up" and it was fucking awful....

the_miano said:

That show was "All Grown Up" and it was fucking awful....

I think I saw one episode. I was interested by the premise, but by then I was baby sitting kids and too old to enjoy it.

Was surprised she did Chuckies voice when I watched Rugrats back in the day. Will miss her most definitely. Peace be with you; RIP, Christine Cavanaugh.