Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Salt-Man Z

New Year's Resolutions?

If you're anything like me, you start a bunch of megawads, but then have difficultly finishing them. I used to make lists of books I planned to read in the coming new year (still do, I guess) and figured it would be good to do the same for WADs. Here are my goals for 2015:

TO FINISH:

Hell Revealed (currently on MAP27)
Reverie (MAP24)
Stomper (MAP22)
Whitemare 2 (MAP25)
Plutonia (replay) (MAP15)
BTSX 2 (MAP13)
Da Will (MAP07)
Stardate 20X6 (MAP05)
Doom 2 Master Levels

TO REPLAY:

Perdition's Gate (on UV this time)
The Lost Episode: The Evil Unleased (UV)
Heretic (UV)

TO PLAY:

Strife
Plutonia 2
Plutonia Revisited
Memento Mori
Memento Mori 2
Doom64 EX
Obituary (HMP)
The Evil Unleashed (UV)
Slaughter Until Death (UV)
The Troopers' Playground (UV)
The Lost Episodes of Doom

Mayan Mishap (HMP)
Innocence: TNT (UV)
ConCERNed (UV)
Doom 2 Reloaded (HMP)

I really don't play enough Doom. Only megawads I've actually finished are Going Down, and the two BTSX episodes, and that's on HNTR. Perhaps I'll return to the DWMC and actually finish a month for once.

Also my rate of MIDI output is piss-poor at the moment, really need to get that going a bit quicker.

TO FINISH MAPPING:
* Acid Reign, Temple of Forgotten Gods, Welcome to Hell, Nightmare in Spiderland, 2x Running Scared maps (all for Panophobia)

TO START MAPPING:
* For some other community project, although contributing one map this time, not six!

TO BECOME MORE INVOLVED WITH:
PSX Doom TC and PSX Doom Lost Levels playtesting again

IF I CAN BE BOTHERED:
* Trying to beat HR and HR2.WAD on UV
* Trying to beat Sunder on UV

To actually get some mapping done! I have made a start on some layout based stuff- have to thank Obsidian for giving me to encouragement and looking over stuff on Skype!

Well this year I said I'd have wanted to have played through TNT, Plutonia and Alien Vendetta. Which I accomplished and mostly enjoyed, especially Kim Ander Malde's levels in AV. (RIP)

For 2015 I think I will set myself three new wads to have played through by the end of the year:

-Brutal Doom
-Hell Revealed
-Winter's Fury

And I might also consider getting into Doom mapping, but don't expect much as I expect 2015 to be a busy year for myself.

There will hopefully be plenty more Doom streams though, since I intend to try and help get a good Doom twitch streaming community up and running!

Similarly to my last year's resolutions, my Doom-related resolutions for 2015 are:

• To keep playing wads. I don't promise anything regarding which ones I will play, and how I will play them. :)
  • To keep mapping, and other Doom-related creative working.
  • To try to get better and preferably also faster at the mapping.
  • To keep being involved in the Doom community.
  • To finish the maps I've promised to make for various projects - TNT2, Just GZDoom, 50 Shades of Graytall (if I can), UDINO, DMP, Czech mapping project...
  • To participate in some mapping projects, but this time only when I really can provide a map soon-enough without delaying.
  • To make and release a small project on my own. That was also my resolution for 2014, and I've fulfilled it only partially: I've released a couple projects, but they were DEHACKED or graphic related, not mapping. Next year, I'd like it to be a mapping project.

I remember saying a year back that I want to finish doom 0, got some maps removed instead. But that's OK, MAP29 sucked anyways.

all I really wanna do is make walkthroughs on the wiki now, so hopefully I can finish the last of my DTWID walkthroughs. I picked a random wad to play next, and it's Alien Vendetta.

Same as last year. Pretty much, although my mission is not "some" but in fact all unsuspecting members. Unfortunately, you'll have to scroll down as it won't allow me to take it to the post I wanted.

Springy said:

you'll have to scroll down as it won't allow me to take it to the post I wanted.

Each post contains this # sign next to date and posting time, if you click it, you get the url of the very post, then you just copy it into your hyperlink and you can link to individual posts this way.

Succeed at being a project leader (UDINO)
Finish a small Doom 2 episode solo effort I am making.

Play some more decent doom wads throughout the year.

Playthrough

- Play a few good maps and megawads. No definite list, but I'm currently doing Resurgence, having finished Going Down and Pirate Doom recently.
- Check out a few more (G)ZDoom mods, perhaps other ports and maps made for them as well.

Speed running

- Contribute a bit more to the Perdition's Gate demo pack. Currently busy with one map.
- Continue with The Rebirth on UV-Fast. I use that to sharpen my skills (especially reflexes).
- Contribute a bit more towards more established megawads. For example, I tried out one of the HR maps recently for UV-Max, but couldn't beat the time. Don't think I'm quite ready to take on iwads, but it would be a good exercise anyway.
- Do runs on a wider variety of maps, instead of just sticking to one project for the whole year.

Do some progress on my personal megawad. I'm undecided whether to reduce it to a single episode, to turn it into a community project, or to ask some other guy for help. Apparently I finish just one room per day.

considering my 2013 new years resolutions were scythe and speed of doom, im gonna add scythe to the list with an underline

scythe..........DONE!

I've actually been living up to my resolutions. I've joined the Nova 2 project and am making decent progress, and some of my Panophobia maps are almost finished.

I want to eventually get Brutal Doom working, and play the Winter's Fury megawad. WF looks amazing and nobody ever talks about it.

MajorRawne said:

play the Winter's Fury megawad. WF looks amazing and nobody ever talks about it.

It's an awesomely designed and playable wad, which, however, caused extreme lags to my computer during normal gameplay, seemingly without a cause (I've even disabled snowing), and boss battles were unplayable for this reason in combination with being unfairly hard by their own difficulty.

Play PRCP
BTSX2 (1/2 way through this)
Swim with the whales
DWID stuff (1/2 way through the 1st one)

finish levels I started years ago

and

Play more Doom