Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chopkinsca

Game of the year 2014

What is everyone's game of the year for this year? Mine is Deadly Rooms of Death: The second Sky, and I haven't even played it yet.

TF2 for me 3 or 4 years now.

Oh gosh, I just realized I've hardly played any games that were actually released in 2014. I... er... um... Well, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is new, and I really enjoyed it. So yeah, I guess by default, I have to nominate Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. Or Skyrim, because while not new at all, I only got around to it this year. Yeah, I'll go ahead and nominate Skyrim for game of the year.

Oh, and I would second geo's nomination of TF2, but they added ducks for some reason, and I don't really like the ducks, so it loses points in my book for that. Though I do friggin' love the Tide Turner and the Back Scatter, both very useful weapons they added this year (even if they did nerf the Tide Turner, stupid jerks grumble grumble).

Borderlands 2 for me this year was a pretty good game. Let's see, hmm, I spent countless hours on osu!mania and League of Legends as of late, so those were some contenders too.

Skylanders: Trap Team, because it was the only game from 2014 that I've played. I'd give it a solid 3/5 worst of the series so far.

Doom always wins.

But for things actually released in 2014, Dark Souls 2 by far.

Silly children, it only applies if the game came out that year! So Doom is disqualified!

(If not for that I'd be naming it too.)

Anyway Alien Isolation is the clear winner for me.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Best guns I've seen in a looong time. Why do swedes make such great guns?

Dragon Age: Inquisition

For its story, high production values and sheer size.

Alien: Isolation would have made the list if it was a more focused experience. It started to drag after a while.

I don't know. Alien Isolation was extremely focused. The drag comes from the fact that they strung out the "oh god what now" element a bit too long.

But it's otherwise the closest thing to System Shock 3 we're ever going to see.

Wait, there were games in 2014?..

I believe the only game from this year I played is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2. So I haven't got many options I guess.

DeathevokatioN said:

Oh and I forgot; Shovel Knight... a total masterpiece! There was some good stuff this year.

Best indie game no doubt.

Avoozl said:

I wouldn't vote BL2 if I was even paid, such a disappointment for me.

I find borderlands in genral to become very boring after a while, i mean all it really is is shoot things with guns, pick up new guns, repeat.

Doom / Doom 2 - Because obvious reasons.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Plenty to do in the world, it may not be Skyrim large but has enough to do in a hostile world mostly populated by the brutish Uruks. Also it is one of the few "modern" games I've enjoyed in quite some time lately.

Clonehunter said:

Out of the few I've played, probably Wolf New Order.

This.

DooM_RO said:

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Best guns I've seen in a looong time. Why do swedes make such great guns?

And this.

Demonologist said:

Wait, there were games in 2014?..

Doom Dude said:

If I played a 2014 game I've since forgotten about it.

Pretty much this.

Actually, I had 2 rounds of the new Smash Bros and really liked it, so I guess that gets my vote.