Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Genki

Most Anticipated games in 2015?

There are some of the games that i cant wait to play in 2015. There will be more added but this is just the one i can name at the moment: "MASS EFFECT 4". In your opinion, what are your expectations for the gaming in 2015? New sequels, re-makes...etc

Rainbow 6 Siege,Grand Theft Auto V PC,Metal Gear Solid V Ph, and always a release date for Half-Life 3 T_T....

Mortal Kombat X
GTA V PC
Resident Evil HD Remaster
DLC for Alien Isolation

And yeah, Doom 4 and Half-Life 3 would be cool.

saifi said:

In your opinion, what are your expectations for the gaming in 2015?

Much as they were for 2014: that there would be very little to get excited about. That turned out to be true in 2014 and I don't expect much difference in 2015.

City of Heroes. My most anticipated game of 2015 is the rerelease of a dead MMO that came out in 2004. Not a knock on modern games, it's just easier to get hyped about something that I know is great than something that might be great.

Bloodborne, something I didn't even know existed until two weeks ago. Zelda WiiU. Can't say I'm "looking forward" to Doom 4 so much as I'm bracing for it, given how sequels to older FPS's tend to go. That's about it for me.

Phml said:

City of Heroes. My most anticipated game of 2015 is the rerelease of a dead MMO that came out in 2004. Not a knock on modern games, it's just easier to get hyped about something that I know is great than something that might be great.

Exactly how I felt when I found out they had restarted playable servers for Tribes 2 - it wasn't exciting because it was new, but it was exciting because it was a very enjoyable game that became accessible again after having shut down years earlier.

In terms of new titles I have not seen anything between last year and this year to make me excited in any capacity (save for FNAF & it's parts, thanks to the horror child inside me). Much like some of the other members I hit a pinnacle of excitement for games years ago with Doom 3 really being the last big game I was truly excited for.

Maybe Doom 4 will put some stuff out there regarding how they look this year & I could get excited all over again. It really depends, just that for the most part I haven't had a single game pop up as "Yeah, I'm just waiting for this to come out!" in my mind. In fact, there's basically no anticipation there right now.

Maybe someone has seen a few things to change my mind?

chungy said:

Witcher 3

Exactly this, although I am still yet to finish my first playthough of The Witcher 2. :P

A grainy pixelated Doom 4 screenshot.

I haven't really found anything else worth getting excited over, however. I'm sure something cool will eventually pop out, but currently the announced titles are nothing to win me over.

Well, okay, it looks kinda dumb, but I'll probably buy Hatred if it's released.

Phml said:

Did I miss something, or are you just messing around? I would friggin' be all over that if City of Heroes came back. It was one of the only MMOs I've ever really gotten into, and I was devastated when it went away. I've tried finding substitutes, but really nothing compares to the real thing.

I would normally say Bloodborne, but I probably won't ever be able to play it. Maybe if I get a used PS4 a long way down the line.

geekmarine said:

Did I miss something, or are you just messing around? I would friggin' be all over that if City of Heroes came back. It was one of the only MMOs I've ever really gotten into, and I was devastated when it went away. I've tried finding substitutes, but really nothing compares to the real thing.

It's in the works. Link 1 Link 2 Not a sure thing, but I'm choosing to believe, because why not.

In a nutshell, from what I understand: people have been in contact with NCSoft's higher ups since last year, they're trying to get the CoH IP. The plan would be to restart a server on I23 (the latest update), and eventually port the game to Unreal Engine 4, this new version of the game would get updates while the old server would remain as is.

Hotline Miami 2 and that Dark Souls 2 re-release I guess.

And Axiom Verge whenever the fuck that's dropping.

Hellraid
Karmaflow
Resident Evil: Revelations 2

I, for one, am not anticipating Starfox U at all - it would mean I'd finally have to break down and buy a Wii U. I'm trying desperately to resist, and they've already released Mario Kart and Smash Bros... Throw in Mario Maker, Zelda, and Starfox, and gah, it's just too much to take. Actually, when you get down to it, I think that's my tipping point on any new console - five must-own games. That's enough that, even if no other must-own games ever get released, you've still got plenty to keep you entertained, and there will almost certainly be more must-own games released down the line.