Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

windows CE

i have heard of this windows CE, even saw a system with it on it. so i am going to ask, what the hell is winCE? is it like win2000/XP/NT or more like win95/98. or is it a muilti-colored turd that billgates shit out? Also just out of curiosity would doom and its ports run on the thing

Heh I heard of this before, I think there was a WindowsCE disc at my old office. I'm curious about it as well.

Lüt said:

Heh I heard of this before, I think there was a WindowsCE disc at my old office. I'm curious about it as well.

O_o

im tempted to post what ce really is but Lament and Zaldron have something going on with this 'funny' of thiers, what is this funny you talk of, is it teh funney perhaps?

Never saw Windows CE on a PC, but I know that the Dreamcast uses it as the main operating system.

Windows CE is based on the Microsoft Windows operating system but is designed for including or embedding in mobile and other space-constrained devices. Although Microsoft does not explain the "CE," it is reported to have originally stood for "Consumer Electronics." Windows CE is used in several brands of handheld computers and as part of cable TV set-top boxes built for TCI. It competes with EPOC and also with similar operating systems from 3Com (for its PalmPilot) and other companies. Like the full-scale Windows systems, Windows CE is a 32-bit multitasking, multithreading operating system. Microsoft emphasizes that the system was "built from scratch" while taking advantage of Windows architectural concepts and interfaces. Microsoft argues that Windows desktop system users will find that products with Windows CE provide a familiar user interface.
In addition to handheld computers and cable TV boxes, Windows CE is also offered as the operating system for the Auto PC, Microsoft's concept of controlling applications (such as selecting radio channels) while driving, using interactive speech technology.

Windows CE is a small operating system developed by microsoft for use on palmtops and similar small systems. It has a similar user interface and API to the normal desktop windows, but it is a completely different operating system and will not run on your desktop/laptop.

Of course, I run linux on my palmtop :)

Duker900 said:

Fnord.

and another thread bites the dust.

back to my other question, could doom run on winCE, and on a hand held(with keypad) also i have seen winCE installed on several PC/desktop systems. well it said it was CE powered, but i never used it

Duker900 said:

DAWOI ()R UA)R DOOM FUCKING WINDOWS CE AARWARAWPIFPAIPFI {PIAFPIAP{FI

http://consolevision.com/dcgrendel/

*!$)$*@!_) *@$_#(< $@_*#$ (@#_$ K(_@#$ (_@#$K (_@#$ JUST FUCKING USE GOOGLE FOR DUMB ASSED QUESTIONS

Certainly the weirdest fucking thing I've seen all day ;)

Fredrik said:

Fredrik's Near Orgasm after Rectal Drill

where the hell did you get the a from fred
"FNORD" not "FNOARD"

Duker900 said:

where the hell did you get the a from fred
"FNORD" not "FNOARD"

I didn't capitalize the 'a', stupid.

Sephiroth said:

back to my other question, could doom run on winCE, and on a hand held(with keypad) also i have seen winCE installed on several PC/desktop systems. well it said it was CE powered, but i never used it

There are doom ports for WinCE. I think there are a few low spec laptops that use WinCE. The Dreamcast runs it too IIRC(I may be wrong)

fraggle` said:

The Dreamcast runs it too IIRC(I may be wrong)

It does, but what idiot would play a console in the first place ;)