Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Sanity pit [SFW]

I just finished watching a video that I thought was pretty interesting. But since it was kind of dated, and not much discussion can be yielded from it, creating a thread for it seemed unnecessary. Insanity pit is a place for sharing outrageous/joke/non-sense videos and posts that do not merit a thread. I figured, why not create a thread with the same concept, but the opposite content.

So here goes:

Post your random documentaries; lectures; demonstrations; etc.

Just for you, I uploaded this boring video:

Kontra Kommando said:

here's another video:

[Jewel Wasp]

Interesting video but, for me, it was undermined by the presentation style. I really don't like that kind of sensationalist/tabloid voice-over and unnecessarily dramatic music way of presenting a video about something quite academic. To me it makes the whole thing into "soundbite TV" and undermines the content, particularly the interviewed experts, IMO.

Give me David Attenborough over that any day. ;)

But while we are on "zombie" insects...

Here's a cautionary (and rather old) tale on the pitfalls of smoking marijuana, seems it's almost as bad for your health as playing Doom.

Watch and be amazed fellow Doomers as this huge ass toad eats some huge ass caterpillars

A map of every nuclear explosion from 1945-1998.

Looks like the content of this thread can almost come full circle with the content in the insanity pit. The super-ego can be just as destructive, if not worse than the id.

For all the people who don't know how to properly hook up an Atari 2600

the_miano said:

For all the people who don't know how to properly hook up an Atari 2600

The RCA-to-coax adapter at 8:00 is the best option. Only four bucks at Radio Shack and almost every TV, old and new, has a cable/antenna coaxial input.

Bucket said:

The RCA-to-coax adapter at 8:00 is the best option. Only four bucks at Radio Shack and almost every TV, old and new, has a cable/antenna coaxial input.

Yes, I absolutely agree. I own two of them along with the traditional switch box for both my Atari 2600/7800 and Colecovision. I got them cheap off Amazon for like $1.29 each plus free shipping.