Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant!

The Old Vs. The New !

999cop said:

btw, dsm, when you said the imp (right?) tosses the fireball or blasts it out of its mouth, at this point i have to disagree with your theory. Apparently the fireball seems floating in front of its chest, it looks like it's being attacked by someone else imo

umm, no. The fireball is right in it's hand in that pic, and in the video you can clearly see it forming out of it's hand, and before that part you can see it toss another one and then jump. Looks like it can't toss those fireballs too far, so I'd keep my distance if I was fighting it.

well seems like it's covering its penis area also, lol, anyways i guess your more right though, since you have watched the video, probably have learned and seen a lot more than i have

999cop said:

btw, dsm, when you said the imp (right?) tosses the fireball or blasts it out of its mouth, at this point i have to disagree with your theory. Apparently the fireball seems floating in front of its chest, it looks like it's being attacked by someone else imo

Well, to me it looks like it conjures up a fireball, floating above its palm. You haven't seen the video so you're not in a position to make a judgement. If you'd seen the video, you'd have seen it raise its claw with the glowing fireball just after this screenshot still and hurl it down your throat.
And I didn't say a word about the imp belching the fireball, I was saying that at an earlier point of the video you get to see the imp more clearly and that it HAS a mouth (you can't see whether it has a mouth or not on this still)

when i saw pics and video of the new imp i was kind of saddened. it didnt look anything like an imp!

but when i saw the e3 presentation, i didn't fuggin care! to me, the sequences involved with the player fighting the imp were the most impressive. the fireball was cool i guess, but the way the imp moves so FAST and just LUNGES at you is freaky as hell. it slashes at you like crazy and your player gets knocked back and stuff, it's really quite amazing.

i like the penis-head pinkie thing, but i hope id designs another pinkie that looks more classic pinkie-ish :D

chumps said:

i like the penis-head pinkie thing

I thought I was the only one to see that resemblence :)

and I must admit I've never been soo excited to see a head come out of it's foreskin as in that video :P

Lüt said:

If it was a mastermind, it would have a gatling gun, not a green plasma gun, the first and foremost sign that it's an arachnotron, plus the Mastermind had it's brain in a glass container or something, and the leg dimensions fit the arachnotron as well.

Ah, but this new game is a retelling of the original DOOM, right? Do Arachnatrons make an appearance in the original?

Thank you.

Arachnatrons should have some original weapons not available to the player - how would an Arachnatron get a Gatling gun?

GS-1719 said:

Arachnatrons should have some original weapons not available to the player - how would an Arachnatron get a Gatling gun?

Interesting thought :P

Weedster said:

Ah, but this new game is a retelling of the original DOOM, right? Do Arachnatrons make an appearance in the original?

Thank you.

They said that Revenants would be back, and were they in the original doom?

Thank you.

GS-1719 said:

They could spit some sort of gross venom-y stuff at you...

Weedster said:

Thank you.

Boy is that a stupid remark. What monsters/weapons are available in the new game has next to nothing to do with the actual story.
The db shotgun wasn't in the first Doom, yet I'm 100% sure it'll be in the new Doom (id wouldn't want to upset their fans, would they? These guys aren't stupid).

dsm said:

Boy is that a stupid remark. What monsters/weapons are available in the new game has next to nothing to do with the actual story.
The db shotgun wasn't in the first Doom, yet I'm 100% sure it'll be in the new Doom (id wouldn't want to upset their fans, would they? These guys aren't stupid).

I agree. Only Crendowing could say such a stupid thing. (Weedster = Crendo, yeah)

Fredrik said:

(Weedster = Crendo, yeah)

Uh oh <:O

Fredrik said:

Banned now :)

I think I may try the mass prune feature on him too =)

Was there ever a single relevant post of his anyway?

RRROOOAAARRR said:

Woah...was that DoomWorld-style moddage in action? Cool...weed out the weak!

:-)

Yeah... beware, anyone might get banned at any time for any reason... almost :P

Fredrik said:

Yeah... beware, anyone might get banned at any time for any reason...

Excessive spam, perhaps? ;)