Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

How to find a sidedef texture that is not displayed.

Yeah. So the problem is, I have a map for tnt:Revilution that has a bunch of textures from the old texture pack. And I cannot simply do a Find/Replace, as DoomBuilder 2 does not seem to find textures that are not actually displayed as a part of the map. (e.g. an upper or lower texture on a one sided impassable linedef.) How would I go about finding/replacing a texture like this without having to look through the entire map one linedef at a time? Any thoughts?

Thanks. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can you type in the name of the old/missing texture and Find/Replace them that way? I seem to remember doing that years ago in an old map of mine...but it was a long time ago so who knows :P

Yeah... but this only seems to work if the texture is actually visible in the map itself. For textures that are not seen, this does not actually work. Hence my problem.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Yeah... but this only seems to work if the texture is actually visible in the map itself. For textures that are not seen, this does not actually work.

I've just tried it in DB2 and it worked, with both existing and non-existing textures, even upper and lower ones on 1-sided linedefs.

Did you set Search type to "Sidedef Texture"?

Yes. Done all of this. :)

Possibly the problem is that I am trying to replace a texture that does not actually exist in the .wad, as it was in an earlier version of the .wad but not the current one. And the level will not launch in chocolate doom as a result.

As far as i can tell, DB will not find these textures unless they are 'displayed' on the level.

I tell you, I've thought up a random crazy texture name and applied it to an upper and then lower texture of a 1-sided and even 2-sided line, then used Find/Replace to find the texture name in DB2, and it always worked. Same with other kinds of non-displayed textures. Don't you have an outdated editor?

SLADE has the ability to replace textures in all the maps of an entire archive at once. Archive->Maintenance->Replace in Maps

scifista42 said:

I tell you, I've thought up a random crazy texture name and applied it to an upper and then lower texture of a 1-sided and even 2-sided line, then used Find/Replace to find the texture name in DB2, and it always worked. Same with other kinds of non-displayed textures. Don't you have an outdated editor?

No. Actually the reason is because, as it turns out, I am stoopid. I thought I was replacing a sidedef texture, when actually I should have been replacing a flat. So you are correct. Thanks scifista.

Gez said:

SLADE has the ability to replace textures in all the maps of an entire archive at once. Archive->Maintenance->Replace in Maps

My Slade didn't have this feature. Just updated it. Sweet. Thanks Gez. Much appreciated as always.