Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Image that will ruin your memories of E1

Guest Unregistered account

Come on, out of the millions of Doom WADs, I'm pretty sure someone's made a McDonald's map that replaces E1M1.

That doesn't ruin anything. That's the most atmospheric McDonald's I've ever seen. :)

Speaking of which, is that actually the mountains, as in, the actual two seen in the background, or just a general photograph of Yangshuo County?

The UAC is actually McDonalds, they created teleportation technology so people can conveniently enter their McDonalds restaurants from any place and time.

Doominator2 said:

To be fair, the skybox is a direct photo of the Yangusho mountains in China.

That's the point.

BaronOfStuff said:

Not exactly going to ruin any memories when I'm still going through KDITD frequently to spend the odd 20 minutes I can't use in any productive manner.

Also, wrong angle so it means diddly-dick anyway:
http://toastytech.com/dooma/garden2.gif

I fully agree.

Avoozl said:

The UAC is actually McDonalds, they created teleportation technology so people can conveniently enter their McDonalds restaurants from any place and time.

Don't think too hard about the mystery meat.

We've had school maps, house maps, city maps, but I don't recall any fast food maps where we can brutalize the employees and shitty customers (Demns in their own right!)

Duke Burger doesn't count. Besides, they sold dog meat anyways. Granted, Mickey D's fried manure isn't much better.

Now we battle between each other to decide if it is classic blue Wal-Mart or ugly modern brown Wal-Mart.

Wal-Generations.

It's much too detailed for Doom E1, but would probably make a cool Duke3D map...

There was a nice McDonalds in cheese.wad. Also mall.wad (Doom II deathmatch) had a pretty cool food court.

BlueFeena said:

Speaking of which, is that actually the mountains, as in, the actual two seen in the background, or just a general photograph of Yangshuo County?

The one posted by BaronOfStuff is the real one. (link)

Mithran Denizen said:

img

LOL! That is gold!

Doomkid said:

The one posted by BaronOfStuff is the real one.

Yes, it's the real one, although it looks like id mirrored it:

hex11 said:

It's much too detailed for Doom E1, but would probably make a cool Duke3D map...

There was a nice McDonalds in cheese.wad. Also mall.wad (Doom II deathmatch) had a pretty cool food court.

Did you not play Atomic Edition? One of the maps is Duke Burger.

@GoatLord : no, just the shareware episode. The only FPS games I finished are Doom, Doom 2 (but not in sequential order), Heretic, Hexen, Quake, and Quake 2. Even Chex Quest crashed on me on the final level...

AD_79 said:

Yes, it's the real one, although it looks like id mirrored it:

Yeah but, the Doom engine draws sky textures backwards - so it's unmirrored in-game ;)

Clonehunter said:

We've had school maps, house maps, city maps, but I don't recall any fast food maps

In addition to Cheese.wad, which hex11 mentioned, g8.wad has a KFC. There are also other McDonalds maps.

I have mostly bad memories of E1. For a long time it was the only episode I had so I played it to death and naturally hated it. Please ruin those memories all you want.

If any 2.5D game has a proper McDonalds-esque building it would have to be Duke Nukem 3D.

Quasar said:

Yeah but, the Doom engine draws sky textures backwards - so it's unmirrored in-game ;)

Heh, I never noticed that.

Avoozl said:

If any 2.5D game has a proper McDonalds-esque building it would have to be Duke Nukem 3D.

Yeah, as I mentioned, Atomic Edition's new episode has a map called Duke Burger, and it's actually a lot of fun to play.

When I went doing an extended version of E1's sky using CC-BY pictures I stumbled across (at least) two pics of that McDonalds in Yangshuo. They're on flickr for those interested.