Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultimablah

Best co-op maps?

Finally found a friend who's into Doom.

What are good mods/packs made for (or just work well with) coop?

Already did Deus Vult and HR and Memento Mori, all were fun.

You played Memento Mori, however, have you played Memento Mori II? There's some maps in it that are kinda crappy, but for the most part it's pretty good.

Also, take a look at the Back to Saturn X mapsets. Haven't played them in co-op myself, but they should be fun to play with friends.

the_miano said:

I would say Alien Vendetta is pretty good for co-op

Some of AV's maps have a lot of narrow passages that aren't very coop-friendly, but you can work around that in Zandronum by setting players to pass through each other (and then accordingly seeking out coopmthru_vanilla_v2.pk3 so rockets also pass through players).

esselfortium said:

Some of AV's maps have a lot of narrow passages that aren't very coop-friendly, but you can work around that in Zandronum by setting players to pass through each other (and then accordingly seeking out coopmthru_vanilla_v2.pk3 so rockets also pass through players).

I agree. Some of AV's maps are a little over the top with layouts (MAP20 is an example, I bet any newbie Doomer would get frustrated with this one)

Alien Vendetta makes a fantastic co-op experience (most of the time) as you can share the wonders and terrors with someone who also appreciates them. Some of the maps are a bit ridiculous though, as soon as another player joins you can't move for Cyberdemons.