Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

Ever noticed how stylish does Doom 3 look?

GoatLord said:

It's easy to get caught up in all the massive black rubber cocks and sexual penetration, but seriously, Giger's work embodies Hell and the stuff nightmares are made of more than anyone else. Doom 4 better have some crazy ass Giger shit or I'm going to be disappointed. It doesn't need to have all the creepy erotic stuff to be Giger-ish.

It was a joke hence i included included ESRB ratings.

But when it comes to Giger his art, it just seems to be a physical representation of what his mind could create in a style he really enjoyed without an actual true meaning to it. I watched a documentary about Giger after he died and his explanations never really went beyond what you or i could see, the shapes and the mixture of sexuality or human bodies with his typical additions.

I tend to think the end viewer interprets art beyond the artist his mind on many occasions.

But, that makes him look honest when it comes to his designs... compared to artist just creating something from their mind and then inventing an entire story around them just to make it interesting, or attract attention.

Yeah, not all art has to have a specific meaning. Giger is amazing because he was truly inspired by his subconscious; he has said his nightmares are represented in his work

As for Doom, it's not like Hell has to be a carbon copy of Giger...but it's a good place to start.