• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

PCORF COMMUNITY PROJECT 2

DOWNLOAD: paulcorfiatis.com/PC_CP2.zip

2048x2048 maps. (Playable area only)

I've decided to run my second fun community project. The rules are simple. Simply make me a 2048x2048 map for Doom 2.

* You can make as many maps as you can.
* Must be for MAP01 of Doom 2 unless special actions.
* Only one MAP15, MAP30 and MAP31 will be accepted for the main wad.
* Must be 2048x2048 or less. (1024x1024 will be accepted because it is less, but 2048 allows more flexibility and less cramped maps)
1024x1024, 2048x1024, etc.
* Make it as good as your abilities can allow you to.
* Boom Comptaible or Limit Removing, so add as much detail as you like.
* Any theme or style.
* Use any enemies.
* Difficulty Settings yes or no, it doesn't matter.
* If you want to. You can include any new music of your choice in MUS or MID format. You can use music from Doom, TNT or Doom2 for example, or any of my wads (WOS, Zone 300, 2002ad10, etc), and original music will be happily accepted.
* You can use stock Doom 2 textures or download the texture wad. This is the Whispers of Satan texture wad with some additional textures added in, including a handful of extra skies.
* Sky transfers allowed.
* Your level must have a name (for example ENTRYWAY, UNDERHALLS, etc).
* You must include a text file with the map (Zipped)
* If you run out of ideas and cannot finish your map no problems!
* If more than 32 maps are received, they will go into an extra episode of up to 20 more levels from MAP33 onwards.

* DO NOT SEND INCOMPLETE MAPS, MAKE SURE THEY ARE 100% WORKING. So no need to rush your maps guys.

Like Doom 2 Unleashed. Maps will be arranged by theme and enemy amounts. The best maps will be in the main episode and if there are more than 32 maps, they will be placed into an extra episode.

Deadline was on Sunday 1 November 2015. Or 52 maps received. In the end I received 49 maps.

MAPS RECEIVED (49) (FINAL)

- Artifice by Obsidian 1024x1024
- Drown by Obsidian 1024x1024
- Reactor Rush by Obsidian 1024x1024
- Where The Slime Lives by Doomkid
- Dark Master by Memfis
- Spelunking by Razen
- Ensanguinated Domicile by General Rainbow Beacon
- Bioactivity by Getsu Fune
- Undervault by Captain Toenail
- Damned Hallways by Sincity2100
- Mob Quad by Mithran Denizen
- Return by Jaws In Space
- Solstice by Getsu Fune (V2)
- Compact Castle by Pinchy
- Simple Garden by Joe-ilya
- Your Pattern by Joe-ilya
- Haunted Village by Paul Corfiatis
- By Silent Wings by Egregor
- Fa'cil-ity by Captain Toenail (MAP01 or MAP02)
- Asphalt jungle breakdown by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
- City Escape by Razen
- Canyon Complex by The_Trigger
- Blood Fountain by Kristian Nebula (MAP15)
- Voodoo Magic by Paul Corfiatis (likely for MAP32)
- Cusp of Agony by Jimmy
- Schizophrenia by Obsidian (MAP30)
- Back at The Entry by Impboy4
- Suspicious by FractalXX
- Meta Exe by Frankfrag
- Grim Keep by Captain Toenail
- Once Nice by GregLafitte (Tuned-up by Pcorf)
- Isolated Outpost by Malrionn
- Lost and Found by Joe-ilya
- Mesotamia 2048 by Malrionn
- Problem Areas by xnv
- The House of the Blood of Innocents by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
- Acid Reflux by Baphomet
- Vibetech by Dragonfly (MAP31)
- Deaf Kamikaze by AnonimVio
- Seasons by Joe-Ilya
- Demon's Dungeon by Malrionn
- Flompster Condo by Yakfak (Zan-zan-zawa-veia)
- Toxic Throwdown by Ben "Dreadopp" Taylor
- Scalpel Tart by Xaser
- Sapphire Pools by AnonimVio (V2)
- Marathon Lab by Impboy4 and Dragonfly
- Simple Task by Joe-Ilya
- Devil's Lighthouse (aka Walter and Gustavo Devilish lighthouse of spamming devils) by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri and Gustavo Ramos "Gustavo6046" Rehermann
- Rat Race by Paul Corfiatis

SPECIAL SLOTS

MAP01: Fa'cil-ity by Captain Toenail
MAP15: Blood Fountain by Kristian Nebula
MAP30: Schizophrenia by Obsidian
MAP31: Vibtech by Dragonfly

DOWNLOAD: paulcorfiatis.com/PC_CP2.zip

There's been a small vacuum in community projects recently, so I'm glad to see the 2048x2048 recipe popping up again. If I find some time, I'll throw something together in a few months. Hopefully this gets some traction.

dobu gabu maru said:

There's been a small vacuum in community projects recently, so I'm glad to see the 2048x2048 recipe popping up again. If I find some time, I'll throw something together in a few months. Hopefully this gets some traction.

No worries. Take your time, you have over 10 months to make a map. Every time I receive a map I'll update it on to this page under the received maps section.

Just to clarify: does the 2048x2048 restriction follow the old adage of "playable area only," or do you mean the entire map dimensions should be restricted?

Xaser said:

Just to clarify: does the 2048x2048 restriction follow the old adage of "playable area only," or do you mean the entire map dimensions should be restricted?

Yep, 2048x2048 playable area only.

Dave The Daring said:

Count me in. Boom is about the only Doom map format I haven't tried yet, so this will be the perfect excuse to get acquainted with it.

You can use Boom features (boom compatible), or just vanilla features (limit removing)

Obsidian said:

I, uhh, have a little cluster of 1024 maps you might want to use. Should I post 'em?

Go ahead.

Alrighty! Here's the assorted maps:

Artifice.

A fairly dark marble level. Also has a 3d bridge if you were thinking of co-op, but I can change that easily.

Drown.

A nice little jaunt by the lakeside!

Reactor Rush.

A concept map where you have to defend a reactor core from a continuous onslaught of demons. May or may not appeal to you.

All of these are limit removing(I think they might be vanilla compatible actually) and until now I haven't found a use for them. Go hard.

The texture pack... What a varied mixture of classic style textures, very different-looking textures from other games, and low-quality and/or joke ones.

Anyway, interesting project.

scifista42 said:

The texture pack... What a varied mixture of classic style textures, very different-looking textures from other games, and low-quality and/or joke ones.

Anyway, interesting project.

Texture wad is from WOS (Whispers of Satan)

Some additional textures are hand drawn by me, could come interesting.

Textures from Dark Forces, Plutonia, Doom 1, Heretic and Hexen, Doomguy's Pimp Ventures (Cybie Easter Egg used in a secret map of WOS), and other sources. Some of the textures (like SPACEWxx) are hand drawn by me.

Jimmy said:

Totally doing something for this.

Go ahead. I love your maps and music. Have fun!

I think I'll try to make something. There is a chance that you'll get 32 maps a lot sooner than in 10 months but we'll see how it goes.

Oh yeah, a 2nd pcorf community project! I'm totally in!

And i'll see to do better maps than the Doom 2 unleashed ones (and less maps :p)

Cool, another 2048 x 2048 project. I somewhat liked Mayhem 2048, so hoping this will be as good.

Perhaps SteveD could be tempted to make another map..... (Heat Miser II?)

^^^SteveD is in fact tempted, though I'll need a new gimmick. I'll start working on this after I get a couple of pressing maps out of the way. Always happy to work with Pcorf. :)

I'd like to give this a try, but I don't like much of the texture pack. The Star Wars textures feel out of place and too many of the flats only look any good in 64x64 tiles or in one specific theme. And then there are some (like MUTX02) that just don't look good at all.

Haven't made a 2048*2048 map before, but i'm interested in taking part of this if it's ok pcorf.

Solid Snake said:

Haven't made a 2048*2048 map before, but i'm interested in taking part of this if it's ok pcorf.

Of course it's okay.

You know I'm in this too Paul since I participated in the first one. I'll probably get more than two maps done for this than the last because of the restricted playable area.

In the last 24 hours, I went nuts (by my standards) on this map. I hope you all like it!

Download (updated)

Title: Where the Slime Lives