Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

Doomkid said:

In the last 24 hours, I went nuts (by my standards) on this map. I hope you all like it!

Download

Title: Where the Slime Lives

Pretty good, the chaingunner/archvile section was close with the ammo, 6 shells left.

Doomkid said:

In the last 24 hours, I went nuts (by my standards) on this map. I hope you all like it!

Download

Title: Where the Slime Lives

FDA, -complevel 9. Simple classic style map, nothing too surprising, anyway I liked how it looked and played. There's a similar problem as in "The Devilz Works": Some monsters are unnecessarily too meaty to be killed quickly. The first archvile was okay, because he was challenging to fight with chaingun only, but the barons weren't really needed. The exit area is apparently inescapable, I thought that you'd take advantage of that and put the player into a last ambush scenario when he opens the exit door: Instead of 1 revenant, there'd be 4 ones, one of which teleports far behind the player, or something challenging like that.

That's a good idea for the last area - I actually did have an ambush planned, but didn't add one after all. There may be an update soon :)

Oh, I should add, this is 100% vanilla compat (tested in dosbox)

Memfis said:

When the bloody floor raised, this part didn't and I've got stuck in a pit:

Also, the map was pretty cruel, but on the other hand, I've been able to get up to the yellow key and yellow door very easily without firing a single shot, just running stealthily behind the monster's backs.

Great aesthetics, compact layout and challenging gameplay, though. I suppose the map was inspired by Resurgence?

Oke I updated my post with a link to the new version. Thanks.

Absolutely no inspiration from Resurgence here, just from Death-Destiny's Dark Resolution 2008 maps, Plutonia map27, Survive in Hell map16 and some Darkwave0000 maps.

Really fun map Memfis. Exited with only a few rockets and shells, 100% kills, and 11 hp. Every time I thought I was gonna run out of ammo, more was given. I like it!

:( ZDoom handles scrollers differently from Boom in some cases. Maybe I'll try to fix it but... laziness.

I finished this earlier today, took me about 6 hours.

Spelunking

The custom music is from Atomic Runner for the Sega Genesis.

Edit: Also no custom texture usage.

Im loving these maps so far. Razen and Getsu Fune's maps aren't too tough but are way fun to blast through, and GRB's map is at atmospheric challenge that would probably be best later in the wad - I had a hard time with it, but it was good fun.

I did find a little bug (I think), there's an area later in the map with a Cyberdemon shooting in through windows, if you stand on a table you can SR50 out the window into null space.

I can already tell this megawad is going to kick ass.

EDIT: Screenshot looks interesting, Jaws. Looking forward to playing it.

I'm glad you liked my map Doomkid :) I'm working on one more -- a city-themed vanilla map.

I'll try to play the other maps and post some critique in a bit.

Posting some critique for tonight.

DISCLAIMER: I like to ramble, a lot. If what I'm saying is really negative sounding or too nitpicky don't take it personally and most certainly don't change your map just because I said a few things were bad :P I just want to give my general opinion. As Pcorf put in the title, this project should be fun and easygoing. Put that energy into making some fun maps! In other words, don't take me too seriously.

Doomkid -

I love the oldschool vibe it gives off, you also use cramped space well in contrast with more open space. I agree with scifista about the meatiness of enemies; You could have at least replaced the Barons with Hell Knights and the fights would be the same (Just shorter), in my opinion. I liked the first Arch-vile encounter though, but I think in terms of difficulty it's much harder than the rest of the map. The second Arch-Vile was trivial due to the rocket launcher. I'm also not a huge fan of making the exit area inescapable, unless there IS a way out and I didn't notice. Map might use the "enemies pop up out of nowhere" trick a bit too much but that's just personal preference on my part -- Cool map.

Memfis-

Man I pretend to be good at Doom but this level is hard as balls, at least on UV. Maybe I'm just a coward who hasn't blasted enough pinkies though, that might be it. I liked how despite the level basically dumping you into a spacious Doom 2-esque cavern, the enemies are carefully placed as to not notice doomguy. I don't have many complaints, despite this map being really hard it's well designed and not claustrophobic at all, so I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think that the map could maybe do with a few less revenants, but that's just me haha. The rising blood gimmick was executed well and the fight at the end with the Cyberdemon is pretty fun due to the unique terrain.

Already 8 maps. The way we are going there might be over 50 maps. Sadly only the best ones gameplay and architecture wise will get into the main megawad, hand picked by me. With the rest of the maps from MAP33 onwards. Excellent map by Memfis, Dark Master.

Also received the latest version of General Rainbow Beacon's map - Ensanguinated Domicile.

Remember there is no rush guys, take your time to test your maps and make sure everything works.

I will probably make a few maps throughout the year. But busy working on Doomed Space Wars and composing music. My maps will focus on the 2048x2048 playing area and realism shall I make them.

pcorf said:

Deadline Sunday, 1 November 2015.

Should be enough time for me to make a map, heh.