Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

Obsidian said:

Also didn't I do a MAP30 candidate? Does it need more work done to it or something? :/

Remember this list is nowhere near final.

What is the name of the map?

What Walter said. It also has a custom boss that I'd really like to see used: if you don't want to use the map itself, at least use the boss fight.

walter confalonieri said:

title is Schizophrenia

Yep my mistake due to concentration. Sorry for that. Here is the corrected list.

Fa'cil-ity by Captain Toenail will be MAP01
Blood Fountain by Kristian Nebula will be MAP15
Flompster Condo by Yakfak will be MAP26
Deaf Kamikaze by AnonimVio will be MAP27
Dark Master by Memfis will be MAP28
Acid Reflux by Baphomet will be MAP29
Schizophrenia by Obsidian will be MAP30
Vibetech by Dragonfly will be MAP31

pcorf said:

Yep my mistake due to concentration. Sorry for that. Here is the corrected list.

Fa'cil-ity by Captain Toenail will be MAP01
Blood Fountain by Kristian Nebula will be MAP15
Flompster Condo by Yakfak will be MAP26
Deaf Kamikaze by AnonimVio will be MAP27
Dark Master by Memfis will be MAP28
Acid Reflux by Baphomet will be MAP29
Schizophrenia by Obsidian will be MAP30
Vibetech by Dragonfly will be MAP31

Hooray for having the secret map slot!

I look forward to the release. I think until then I'll play no more maps related to this project.

Obsidian said:

What Walter said. It also has a custom boss that I'd really like to see used: if you don't want to use the map itself, at least use the boss fight.

Oh hey, cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the new boss.

Ah yes, that reminds me: if anyone can suggest a more fitting track, I'd be more than happy to use it. I've always loved Getting Too Tense, but it doesn't feel quite right here.

Obsidian said:

Ah yes, that reminds me: if anyone can suggest a more fitting track, I'd be more than happy to use it. I've always loved Getting Too Tense, but it doesn't feel quite right here.

I might work on some new midis for the maps that did not have a midi in them and maybe hand pick some others. Once the deadline is reached the final map order will be decided and no maps will miss out as there will be an episode from MAP33 onwards.

Holy shit, my map is the last map before the final boss map!?

What exactly is the reason? Is it that hard?

Baphomet_15 said:

Holy shit, my map is the last map before the final boss map!?

What exactly is the reason? Is it that hard?

Well it has the most monsters of all submitted maps, it is very puzzling and it also has a Cyberdemon. But of course the map slots are not final. This map is a swampy base map but not that many hellish maps were submitted so really the theme is quite hard to predict in progression, but will try from Base to Hellish. Once November comes things will go quiet for a while as I arrange all the submitted maps.

Sapphire Pools

Music: Midnight Call by Mark Klem

Inspiration: Plutonia 2(MAP03), Alien Vendetta

This map is crowded and chaotic. Slaughterish gameplay in some places. Could be MAP29, MAP32 or whatever.

More screenshots:

AnonimVio said:

Sapphire Pools

This map is crowded and chaotic. Slaughterish gameplay in some places. Could be MAP29, MAP32 or whatever.

More screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/VHZvFmk.png

http://i.imgur.com/fQNABoU.png

http://i.imgur.com/Fx3gexR.png

Thanks for this very beautiful and challenging map.

You've done it again AnonimVio! A great looking map that pushes me to the limits of my skills, while maintaining itself as a 'beatable' map. Great work!

My map had a critical bug, where one of the monsters won't teleport. Map has been updated. My first comission has also been updated.

Thank you all for opinions on my map. Guess I can move on to make a map without size limit :P

Edit: Updated again because I'm dumb.

AnonimVio said:

My map had a critical bug, where one of the monsters won't teleport.

Personally I would not call a bug "critical" unless it can prevent the player from reaching the exit or cause exceptionally massive visual glitches, but it really is just playing with words. It's a bad bug for sure. :)

scifista42 said:

Personally I would not call a bug "critical" unless it can prevent the player from reaching the exit or cause exceptionally massive visual glitches

Well, it prevents player from UV-Maxing the map and I think this is really critical bug.

Impboy4 passed his map layout onto me as he has 'got no juice left' and didn't want to finish it.

I redesigned the way a few areas can be accessed, added monsters & detailed the whole map. I went for a more 'retro doom' feel with the aesthetic on this one, in my opinion.

It was originally inspired by the game Marathon, I believe. The starting area features the marathon logo in the floor.

Screenshots:

Click here to download

AnonimVio said:

Sapphire Pools

Great map AnonimVio!

I especially like the sudden Cyberdemon surprise. "OH FUCK!"

My only complaint is the music.

Wouldn't the song, "Circle of Fire" by David "Tolwyn" Shaw featured on MAP28 of Memento Mori II be a better fit?

Dragonfly said:

Impboy4 passed his map layout onto me as he has 'got no juice left' and didn't want to finish it.

I redesigned the way a few areas can be accessed, added monsters & detailed the whole map. I went for a more 'retro doom' feel with the aesthetic on this one, in my opinion.

It was originally inspired by the game Marathon, I believe. The starting area features the marathon logo in the floor.

Screenshots:

https://i.gyazo.com/686873342cf80f8f564c5eb7c84eba9e.png
https://i.gyazo.com/9600ca78dc064430d93e9393edca8411.png
https://i.gyazo.com/a99d7f9fecba42fddf2f9f787bdbd3e2.png
https://i.gyazo.com/dc80207398105ded6748dc37f5f6b8e5.png
https://i.gyazo.com/c3e062c1596572f6f462b6a3fdf04ca7.png

Click here to download

Thanks for the map.

No need to send me any more versions because I have:

1. Fixed the MIDSPACE textures bleeding into the floor / ceiling by lowering the light level of the neighboring sector by 1 unit.
2. Fixed up some minor texture misalignments.
3. Removed the 3D start.

This will be in the final 40+ level wad.

Also removed 3D starts from

- Dark Master by Memfis
- Bioactivity by Getsu Fune
- Solstice by Getsu Fune
- By Silent Wings by Egregor
- Canyon Complex by The_Trigger
- Blood Fountain by Kristian Nebula
- Meta Exe by Frankfrag
- Isolated Outpost by Malrionn
- Mesotamia 2048 by Malrionn
- Acid Reflux by Baphomet
- Demon's Dungeon by Malrionn
- Toxic Throwdown by Ben "Dreadopp" Taylor

These fixed maps will all be in the final 40+ level wad.

Baphomet_15 said:

My only complaint is the music.

Wouldn't the song, "Circle of Fire" by David "Tolwyn" Shaw featured on MAP28 of Memento Mori II be a better fit?

Nahh, I still think Midnight Call is better but that's just my opinion.

I totally thought I'd have time to get something in for this but it hasn't happened yet. I also only have tonight free... Speed mapping may happen.

Phobus said:

I totally thought I'd have time to get something in for this but it hasn't happened yet. I also only have tonight free... Speed mapping may happen.

Good luck!

Nah, it's not happening. I've had most of a year to finish a map and it's pretty obvious to me I'm not making anything good in 2-4 hours tonight.