Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

What about another map before the deadline?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h53fe3346n0lb86/pc2048cp-wag.zip

Title: Walter and Gustavo Devilish lighthouse of spamming devils

Author: Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri and Gustavo Ramos "Gustavo6046" Rehermann

Description: A map i have in my hdd that i send to the user Gustavo6046 as a tune-up project of "noob maps" from the distinguished author of Devile II, oh yeah!

here's what he did with the original layout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6mK3bejwU

After he made a little works like the roundabout and adding some lighting effects and changed the map pace, i was glad of result overall and tweaked few things... then in these days i decided to convert it for boom, adding few more rooms and give to this project...

Build time: 8 hours on and off

walter confalonieri said:

What about another map before the deadline?

http://i.imgur.com/pD0QgBP.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h53fe3346n0lb86/pc2048cp-wag.zip

Title: Walter and Gustavo Devilish lighthouse of spamming devils

Author: Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri and Gustavo Ramos "Gustavo6046" Rehermann

Description: A map i have in my hdd that i send to the user Gustavo6046 as a tune-up project of "noob maps" from the distinguished author of Devile II, oh yeah!

here's what he did with the original layout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm6mK3bejwU

After he made a little works like the roundabout and adding some lighting effects and changed the map pace, i was glad of result overall and tweaked few things... then in these days i decided to convert it for boom, adding few more rooms and give to this project...

Build time: 8 hours on and off

You'll have to reupload the map as I cannot download it. File not found. I think this could be the final map received. The name is a bit silly, and I think I'll just name it "Devil's Lighthouse"

Note: The Deadline is midnight Los Angeles time tomorrow. Or 6PM Australian Eastern Daylight Saving time (where I live). I am going to be busy this week, but on Thursday the arranging for the map's final spots will begin. This will include the 32 level main megawad and the additional 15 or so level episode which will all be in the one megawad.

pcorf said:

You'll have to reupload the map as I cannot download it. File not found.

That's odd... i tried now and for me works...

Anyway thanks Dragonfly for re-uploading it!

That's odd... i tried now and for me works...

Anyway thanks Dragonfly for re-uploading it!

Managed to download it. Cheers.

Eh, not going to finish my map in time. But, it was worth mapping it & all(Had a lot of fun working on it). I'm probably going to still finish & submit the map to the Doomworld Mega Project 2015. ;-)

That or steam-rush it & submit near the deadline, lol. Not going to make anymore maps, until all the ones I started, are finished completely. "Nuff said". 8-)

Good luck to all mappers & I tip my hat off to the incredible maps shown here. Have a splendid day all! B-)

Astral-Doomer said:

Eh, not going to finish my map in time. But, it was worth mapping it & all(Had a lot of fun working on it). I'm probably going to still finish & submit the map to the Doomworld Mega Project 2015. ;-)

That or steam-rush it & submit near the deadline, lol. Not going to make anymore maps, until all the ones I started, are finished completely. "Nuff said". 8-)

Good luck to all mappers & I tip my hat off to the incredible maps shown here. Have a splendid day all! B-)

Yep exactly. I'm not upset you could not finish your map(s). Feel free to use them for other releases.

47 maps is a pretty good effort and it actually beats the 40 maps received for Doom 2 Unleashed a few years back. I thank everyone for their contribution. I think we can put together a really decent 2048x2048 megawad. Still there are just under 4 hours to the final deadline but I am not begging for any more maps.

Like Doom 2 Unleashed, 2048 Unleashed (name pending) will consist of.

- The main 32 level episode. (MAP01-MAP32)
- A secondary episode of at least 15 levels. (MAP32-MAP47)

Obsidian said:

Don't feel obligated to use my 1024 maps Paul, I really don't mind if you leave them out. :P

They will be used in the bonus episode.

Project now closes with a total of 48 maps submitted after receiving a map named Scalpel Tart by Xaser through a PM.

Thanks everyone for contributing.

Over the next few weeks (depending on life's events) I will put together the final map order and upload the beta to my website.

Progress report.

The final list will be revealed in the near future. It was certainly not an easy list to do.

The Dehacked patch and Heart from Schizophrenia is in the main wad.

Next step is to add the maps and their respective midi music into the main wad and create a MAPINFO entry.

I also have an idea for the credit and title screens.

Then the beta will be released to my website.

GregLafitte said:

Can't wait for the release, will it have custom text screens in it?

Maybe in the MAPINFO only.

Some updates.

SOME LEVEL FIXES

- Fa'cil-ity by Captain Toenail: removed those ugly transparent windows and added outdoor areas similar to E1 of Doom. Looks much better.
- Schizophrenia by Obsidian: fixed a few areas which would make you get stuck.
- Made a secret level for the bonus episode.

- All additional textures in = WORKING.
- MAP30 + DECACKED boss and sprites in = WORKING.

I'll probably make several minor fixes before uploading the beta.

EPISODES

The main episode will contain 32 levels and will be named: "2048 UNLEASHED" (MAP01-MAP32)
The bonus episode will contain 17 levels and will be be named: "ALL HOPE FOR TERROR" (MAP33-MAP49)

MUSIC CHANGES

I have written a new medieval-style song for Grim Keep by Captain Toenail.
Problem Areas by ZNV will use D_THE_DA (In the Dark) from Doom 2.
Blood Fountain by Kristian Nebula will use D_BETWEE (Between Levels) from Doom 2.
Once Nice by GregLafitte (tuned up by Pcorf) will use the song from MAP03 of Zone 300.
Back at The Entry by Impboy4 will use the music from MAP01 of Zone 300.

Mob Quad will use D_AMPIE (Bye Bye American Pie) from Doom 2.
Undervault by Captain Toenail will use the music from MAP24 of Memento Mori 2.

Will probably change the music in Joe-ilya's maps, especially that annoying punk rock.

I'll be away for the next 30 hours and will continue work on the beta (which will be with some luck the final version) when I come back home. The final map list will be provided when the beta is released.

Like Doom 2 unleashed this is Boom compatible with the bonus levels playable in Zdoom.

so... this wad will use a different wad with new music like in Doom 2 unleashed or the music will change the one already present in the main wad?

I think the first choice is the better!

Waiting to play the beta!

Since the punk rock songs are getting off, how about these MIDIs?

- Simple Garden will have D_SHAWN2 from dwango6
- Lost and Found will have D_STALKS from duelpak2.wad
- Seasons will have D_E3M3 from chex3

The other maps I've made have no punk rock.

so... this wad will use a different wad with new music like in Doom 2 unleashed or the music will change the one already present in the main wad?

I think the first choice is the better!

Waiting to play the beta!

Most maps will use the music that was submitted with them as I haven't had the time to make an entire new soundtrack.

pcorf said:

Most maps will use the music that was submitted with them as I haven't had the time to make an entire new soundtrack.

Ah, all right then!

Update: The beta is getting closer and hopefully most problems will be already out of the way so it will be idgames ready. Testing is with Prboom and Zdoom. Texture misalignments in some maps are not a big deal. I have also been adding sky transfers to most of the maps that did not have them and fixed various minor problems along the way.

With Joe-Ilya's maps I'll probably replace the punky songs with heavy metal songs from Zone 300 as my intention was to write a really rocking soundtrack when I created Zone 300. Zone 300's MAP23 music is almost certainly confirmed for one of Ilya's maps.

Some community projects lose track and fail (like Doom Millennium), but my open-minded low pressure approach proved to be a success for the second time. PC_CP2 was never intended to be a 5 star wad, it was just a good fun project and nearly all the maps submitted were decent quality and there were also some very challenging maps.

And if your maps end up in the bonus episode don't be offended. All maps were accepted .... zero rejections. All maps are Boom compatible maps, with MAP33 onwards in a separate episode. Most players play in Zdoom anyway

Not sure if I can think about a story line. Maybe I'll do something in the MAPINFO that is simple and basic. We'll see.

In my opinion, trying to add any element of story via nothing more than the mapinfo lump always seems like wasted effort to me.

Theres few examples where it works (Mouldy's Going Down), but usually it works by means of humor and the end of one map transitioning to another map's start. Since this project wasn't mapped to have any continuity it would be hard to make a working story.

I don't mean to put you down though! If you can add anything it's still better than the default text! :)

Dragonfly said:

In my opinion, trying to add any element of story via nothing more than the mapinfo lump always seems like wasted effort to me.

Theres few examples where it works (Going Down), but usually it works by means of humor and the end of one map transitioning to another map's start. Since this project wasn't mapped to have aby contibuity it would be hard to make a working story.

I don't mwan to put you down though! If you can add anything it's still better than the default text! :)

I understand what your saying, honestly I did not have a specific story thought up I just figured if it had any story it could be a sequel.

I just reread what I said, it comes across far more harsh and critical than intended! ...and with a few too many typos. I shouldn't type from my phone while moving, heh.

Like I said, anything's better than the default, so I still promote the idea, contrary to my 'wasted effort' statement. :)

It's ok I did not even think it was harsh lol. Like I said I don't have any real story ideas but I agree that anything is better than the default, but even if it stays default the wad will still be good though :)

Might leave the story line out.

The beta will be uploaded this upcoming week, probably on Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully it is the only beta and then I can upload it to idgames and get it all out of the way. Life has been really busy these days.

EDIT: Here is the final map list, the farther you go the more monsters you encounter per map by theme. Some pretty hard choices to make. I'll be back tomorrow.

LEVEL CREDITS

2048 UNLEASHED (MAIN EPISODE)
-------------------------------------
MAP01 Fa'cil-ity by Captain Toenail
MAP02 Back at The Entry by Impboy4
MAP03 Isolated Outpost by Malrionn
MAP04 Bioactivity by Getsu Fune
MAP05 Toxic Throwdown by Ben "Dreadopp" Taylor
MAP06 Marathon Lab by Impboy 4 and Dragonfly
MAP07 Damned Hallways by Sincity2100
MAP08 Canyon Complex by The_Trigger
MAP09 Meta Exe by Frankfrag
MAP10 Problem Areas by xnv
MAP11 City Escape by Razen
MAP12 Once Nice by GregLafitte, Tuned-up by Pcorf
MAP13 Solstice by Getsu Fune
MAP14 Asphalt Jungle Breakdown by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
MAP15 Blood Fountain by Kristian Nebula (Secret exit to MAP31)
MAP16 Mob Quad by Mithran Denizen
MAP17 Grim Keep by Captain Toenail
MAP18 By Silent Wings by Egregor
MAP19 Undervault by Captain Toenail
MAP20 Mesotamia 2048 by Malrionn
MAP21 Compact Castle by Pinchy
MAP22 Haunted Village by Pcorf
MAP23 Return by Jaws In Space
MAP24 Deaf Kamikaze by AnonimVio
MAP25 Acid Reflux by Baphomet
MAP26 Cusp of Agony by James Paddock
MAP27 Flompster Condo by Yakfak (Zan-zan-zawa-veia)
MAP28 Dark Master by Memfis
MAP29 Sapphire Pools by AnonimVio
MAP30 Schizophrenia by Obsidian
MAP31 Vibetech by Dragonfly (Secret Level)
MAP32 Scalpel Tart by Xaser (Secret Level)

ALL HOPE FOR TERROR (Bonus Episode)
-------------------------------------
MAP33 Voodoo Magic by Pcorf
MAP34 Devil's Lighthouse by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri and Gustavo Ramos "Gustavo6046" Rehermann
MAP35 Drown by Obsidian
MAP36 Artiface by Obsidian
MAP37 Where The Slime Lives by Doomkid
MAP38 Reactor Rush by Obsidian
MAP39 The House of the Blood of Innocents by Walter "Daimon" Confalonieri
MAP40 Spelunking by Razen
MAP41 Ensanguinated Domicile by General Rainbow Beacon
MAP42 Suspicious by FractalXX
MAP43 Simple Task by Joe-Ilya
MAP44 Lost and Found by Joe-ilya
MAP45 Simple Garden by Joe-ilya (Secret exit to MAP49)
MAP46 Your Pattern by Joe-ilya
MAP47 Seasons by Joe-Ilya
MAP48 Demon's Dungeon by Malrionn
MAP49 Rat Race by Pcorf (Secret Level)