Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

Damn, I'm quite honored to see that my map made it through the main episode ^^

Either way, it would've been fine though since I had a blast making it and I'm glad I contribted to this project.

Thank you for the final list ^^

Wow, I'm surprised that both my levels got into the main set; I was for sure one of them will be in the extra episode like last time. :O

Impboy4 said:

Wow, I'm surprised that both my levels got into the main set; I was for sure one of them will be in the extra episode like last time. :O

Want me to remove one of the levels? LOL

Nah I cannot do that. As I said there were some hard decisions to make here. Thanks for all your patience and the beta will be up hopefully tomorrow.

Not even all my maps made it to the main episode and I am the boss here.

pcorf said:

Not even all my maps made it to the main episode and I am the boss here.

I noticed that and assumed it was a certain level of modesty. :)

Dragonfly said:

I noticed that and assumed it was a certain level of modesty. :)

All about quality. My 2 maps in the bonus episode are more experimental than serious attempts.

I'll check it out later tonight / tomorrow. I want to try and finish my latest map tonight but I may put that on hold in place of this. :)

Nice to see this getting close to completion! And wow, I forgot how hard my map is. Just got killed by the final cyberdemon with 4 monsters left alive.

I'll be checking out other maps now, looking for bugs and stuff. I hope Paul will take betatesting a little more seriously this time. I understand that it's a "fun and easygoing" project, but we should at least ensure that all maps can be completed (in the first PCCP there is a totally broken map, as you might remember).

Memfis said:

but we should at least ensure that all maps can be completed (in the first PCCP there is a totally broken map, as you might remember).

Yeah would be a good idea to make this one multiplayer proof Pcorf :P

Threatened as a malware \ bad file from chrome after download, hooray!
Same thing happened to Doomed Space Wars, looks like you're not well accepted from Google guys lol

Also taking a look on text files now, i think that this section needs to be fixed:

Spoiler

Firstly you need a copy of the game Doom 2 by id software installed on your PC. This is required
 since Doomed Space Wars
Uhm... better add Freedoom to the list, i think.
And changing the title of the wad from Doomed Space Wars

Anyway, going checking out this... i've played just the MAP15, MAP30, MAP31 levels over to my maps...

Speaking of bugs and of solo/multi-proof, I got the achievement to get stuck in my own map. So, in Isolated Outpost, at the yellow key, the switch's action is currently in "Once". It would be better if that switch's action is in "Repeatable" to avoid getting stuck. Otherwise, this map is multi-proof as there are two keys and only one of them is required to exit.

I have played the first third of the main episode, I will continue playing it later this evening.

Edit: typo.

I'm pretty happy to see this finished, and that both of my maps made it into the first episode :)

I'm going to play this now and record it when the final version will come out.

Also, there are a typos on credits screen - ANNonimvio should be with one 'N', FrankFRAG is missing a 'C' before 'FRAG', GeBeral Rainbow Beacon, and Dragonfly is missing.

Up to Map08 and haven't found any obvious map errors or bugs so far.

Edit:

Map09 - you can get stuck on the entrance to this secret.

Spoiler

map10 - slimetrail/missing textures in the dark area after the lift
Spoiler

Spoiler

i don't know how to pass MAP38 from the bonus episode for the crying lord out loud...

Anyway this megawad looks awesome so far, and don't found any serious bug (played on Zandronum)

I've played through the main series (MAP 01 - MAP32).

My only complaint is the music for Xaser's map (MAP32).

Great map! Reminds me a lot of STRAIN, but the music is very annoying and out-of-sync. Would it be possible to use a MIDI track from STRAIN?

I have played map01 -> 15 and the two secret maps. The bugs I've found and my comments so far:-

Map03 had to no-clip out of the trap that re-closed on me. Map-location

Map04 - should be map03/02; It seemed too easy.

map09 - secret area - hard to walk into and out of. Make 1 or 2px wider to solve (Oh, and kudos for the interesting and somewhat brutal archvile fight!)

map10 - is the slow lift supposed to troll you? :P

map11 - the sa2b midi sounds... drunk.

map12 - was far too easy for its place, I'd say map09 - map11 was harder.

Map31 --my own level!-- you can fall off the level. No way of returning. Will submit a fixed map another day, feel free to fix in the meantime. It's where the large teleporter is that takes you just short of the exit.

map32 - what a twisted, stylish map! My only issue was finding the red key; but I'll put that down to being a bad player :P

Oh, and lastly, an entertainingly stupid chaingunner.

Hmm, Map28 seems to be broken in ZDoom: sectors with tag 6 don't lower. I guess it's due to some differences in voodoo doll physics. Damn you, ZDoom.

Map10 was updated since initial submission:
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1517553 (direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7m2f4n402vbmb74/xnv-prar.zip).
I think I forgot to email it.

map10 - is the slow lift supposed to troll you? :P

Only if you are trying to speedrun it!

map10 - slimetrail/missing textures in the dark area after the lift

Can't recreate it in the megawad version. What engine version are you using? Can you also check newer map version?

Memfis said:

Hmm, Map28 seems to be broken in ZDoom: sectors with tag 6 don't lower. I guess it's due to some differences in voodoo doll physics. Damn you, ZDoom.

I can confirm this. After I get the BFG and the bloodpool raises, nothing happens.

Jimmy said:

Hey PCorf want some CWILVs with the level/author name? :)

It is not that important. But go ahead if you really want to do it.

Okay taking down some notes. But let's not get too specific here or this will take many months to fix.

Baphomet_15 said:

I can confirm this. After I get the BFG and the bloodpool raises, nothing happens.

Great map btw baphomet, got a tiny bit lost but some awesome encounters and content throughout.

This is what I have done so far.

Made some edits to the readme.

Swapped MAP03 and MAP04 so it is now this:

MAP03 - Bioactivity by Getsu Fune
MAP04 - Isolated Outpost by Malrionn

MAP04 - Fixed where you could get trapped at the yellow key by adding a Voodoo doll that trips over a single line to close the bars because originally the bars could be activated by 4 separate lines and every time you crossed them they would close and you would end up getting stuck. The switch would open the bars back up and the bars would not close again if you try to leave the area. Also change the switch from type 112 S1 to type 115 SR.

MAP09 - Widened the entrance to the secret area cavern.

MAP10 - Fixed slow lift. It is now a normal lift with a 5 second delay.

MAP11 - Replaced the music with the midi from a city themed map (MAP15) of Zone 300.

MAP12 - Is the start of the second episode (after the first text screen) anyway so it is easier. The theme changes from MAP12 onwards.

MAP21 - Has been updated.

MAP28 - I have hopefully fixed the tag 6 problem by adding an extra line near the front of the blue door which does the same as the Voodoo Doll just incase that does not work. Tried it in Zdoom and you can now get the keys.

MAP31 - You can no longer fall off the edges at the exit as I made the lines impassable.

I'll wait for more suggestions and then reupload the updated beta.

Here is an overhauled version of my map: Compact Castle

I had been wanting to update this for a very long time, since now my skills have improved a lot.

- Reworked monster teleports with new fast precision versions.
- Higher contrast lighting.
- Only slight adjustments to items, extra multiplayer monsters.
- Added existing sky transfers to new sectors.

Pinchy said:

Here is an overhauled version of my map: Compact Castle

I had been wanting to update this for a very long time, since now my skills have improved a lot.

- Reworked monster teleports with new fast precision versions.
- Higher contrast lighting.
- Only slight adjustments to items, extra multiplayer monsters.
- Added existing sky transfers to new sectors.

Added it.