Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Pcorf Community Project 2 (Finished)

Recommended Posts

Getsu Fune said:

regarding my other map (solstice.wad), I've been thinking about redoing it too. reason for that is I tried to use intentional use of ghost monsters in it, but it backfired upon testing in certain ports. the GM's work in PRBoom with the proper flags, but not in ZDoom. so should I change that map as well?


it seems my question was unanswered and I was completely ignored again.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Mr. Corfiatis I have a quick question.

You've made the statement that the player cannot leave the 2048x2048 box.

Is it ok to put enemies, voodoo doll traps/scripting and other miscellaneous designs OUTSIDE
of the 2048x2048 as long as the player can't get to that area?

Share this post


Link to post
Baphomet_15 said:

Is it ok to put enemies, voodoo doll traps/scripting and other miscellaneous designs OUTSIDE
of the 2048x2048 as long as the player can't get to that area?


Yep, the only stipulation is that the player cannot escape the 2048x2048 box unless it's via an instant death.

Share this post


Link to post
Baphomet_15 said:

Hey Mr. Corfiatis I have a quick question.

You've made the statement that the player cannot leave the 2048x2048 box.

Is it ok to put enemies, voodoo doll traps/scripting and other miscellaneous designs OUTSIDE
of the 2048x2048 as long as the player can't get to that area?


No problems with that. As long as the playing area is 2048x2048!

Getsu Fune said:

it seems my question was unanswered and I was completely ignored again.


Make some changes to the map if you want to. Sorry for not answering straight away, just real life taking over.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

I have made another map, named "Mesotamia 2048". A Boom Compatible (-complevel 9) level harder than the previous level I made, designed for single player and co-op, not really for Deathmatch (player start only). The difficulties are set and the size of the map is 2048x2048.

As the other map, it requires the PCCP2TEX.wad.

A screen of the map :


Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/v04asbjzvwcikuz/PCorfPC_Malrionn_Mesotamia2048.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Malrionn said:

Hi,

I have made another map, named "Mesotamia 2048".


Not a bad map Malrionn, that Archvile trap however is highly unfair.

Paul, will the "jump" and "crawl" features be disabled in a MAPINFO lump for Zdoom ports?

Share this post


Link to post
Baphomet_15 said:

Not a bad map Malrionn, that Archvile trap however is highly unfair.

Paul, will the "jump" and "crawl" features be disabled in a MAPINFO lump for Zdoom ports?


Yes of course. But I'll download and test the map.

GregLafitte said:

The reason I said mark mine as done earlier is because it says BETA on the list lol


Because the map is an absolute mess and I am planning of tuning up the map later on to make it much better.

Share this post


Link to post
pcorf said:

Yes of course. But I'll download and test the map.


I tested both maps and both can be completed without jumping and crouching!
So they have been accepted.

Mesopotamia 2048 was a great map and Problem Areas was puzzling and tight. Good maps guys. They are listed as beta for now just in case you find a problem.

But of course no guarantee they'll make it to the final 32 map episode.

Share this post


Link to post
xnv said:

This is a map called "Problem Areas". While it's beta quality in terms of gameplay it's mostly finished (unless I broke something right before uploading lol) except some light work and detailing. Any balance/gameplay related tips are more than welcome.


Hi xnv, This map is perfect the way it is.
Plenty of ammo, each section of the map is hard in its own way.
Feels like a balanced but tough DooM map.
I really liked the secret for
the plasma rifle.

I did find a HOM near the elevator towards the exit.


Malrionn said:

I have made some tweaks to the Mesotamia 2048 map, detailing a bit the roof of the cavern side of the map and changing some monsters (like the double archviles trap). If any feedback don't require to do more polishing, the map can be considered done.



Looks cool Malrionn, its much fairer now. I can't even figure out how to get to that BFG off in the distance. :D

Share this post


Link to post

As an update to this thread, I did start a map using the Dark Forces textures in the texture pack... I quickly came to the conclusion that both they and the map were shit, so I've aborted that attempt and will get something more traditional in for the 1st November instead.

Well, probably much earlier :p

Share this post


Link to post
Phobus said:

As an update to this thread, I did start a map using the Dark Forces textures in the texture pack... I quickly came to the conclusion that both they and the map were shit, so I've aborted that attempt and will get something more traditional in for the 1st November instead.

Well, probably much earlier :p


No worries regardless.

Plus Doomed Space Wars is getting closer to it's release. That will make up for it when it comes to Dark Forces textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Baphomet_15 said:

Hi xnv, This map is perfect the way it is.
Plenty of ammo, each section of the map is hard in its own way.
Feels like a balanced but tough DooM map.
I really liked the secret for
the plasma rifle.

I did find a HOM near the elevator towards the exit.
http://s1.postimg.org/iynczvc73/Screenshot_Doom_20150802_151140.png

Thank you very much for testing! Glad to hear that it's balanced too!

I will fix that HOM and add a few missing light effects later and that map is basically finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Baphomet_15 said:

I'm almost done with my contribution. Hopefully it will make it to the 1-32 map release.


Sounds good. Looking forward to it. Make sure it is 100% complete to your abilities of course.

Share this post


Link to post

Just think to bring back this project to life:



the House of the Blood of Innocents

Description: Originally born as a map for Inkie's birthday, i take more than a day to finish it so i decided to turn it into a map for this project!
This map turn out into a scary, haunting mansion with "jumpscares" and "scary" imagery (yeah, similar to the concept of Joe-Ilya's map "Mansion" for mayhem 2048),this map had also some puzzle-ish moments and a hilarious secret room...

Build time: 2 weeks on and off

New music: "Arrival" by King Diamond

tell me what do you think, and if you any bugs just let me known... Send this to pcorf on his mail and here for your delight...

Share this post


Link to post

The screenshot makes me think that alignment of METAL on the chairs will tease everyone's OCD predispositions. :)

Share this post


Link to post
walter confalonieri said:

Just think to bring back this project to life:

http://i.imgur.com/pBAqBBt.png

the House of the Blood of Innocents

Description: Originally born as a map for Inkie's birthday, i take more than a day to finish it so i decided to turn it into a map for this project!
This map turn out into a scary, haunting mansion with "jumpscares" and "scary" imagery (yeah, similar to the concept of Joe-Ilya's map "Mansion" for mayhem 2048),this map had also some puzzle-ish moments and a hilarious secret room...

Build time: 2 weeks on and off

New music: "Arrival" by King Diamond

tell me what do you think, and if you any bugs just let me known... Send this to pcorf on his mail and here for your delight...


Thanks for this neat and puzzling little map Walter. Added it to the list on page 1.

Share this post


Link to post

Paul,

as a former young boy of 12 years old. I have played your Twilight Zone mod and found it quite enjoyable. Years later, I have this to contribute to your community project.

I hope you and everyone else enjoys it.











Map name: ACID REFLUX

Project: PCORF COMMUNITY PROJECT 2
Author: Baphomet
Port: Boom compatible - Tested on PrBooM Plus 2.5.1.4 and Zdoom 2.7.1
Theme: DooM I base/tech/acid, related to Episode 1
Enemies: Everyone of them, minus the Spider Mastermind.
Difficulty settings: Hard
Multiplayer: Not programmed to do so, but implemented.
Music: Kastle Kaos (Baron Von K.Roolenstein) From Donkey Kong Country 3 by David Wise, Arranged by Dave Phaneuf - found on VGMusic.com

Textures: DooM II Stock + PCCP2TEX.wad

Other stuff: Have fun, there's plenty going on, you'll never be able to relax. ;)

DOWNLOAD HERE:http://www.mediafire.com/download/6y2c2bp1q5ad543/PCCP2_2048_Baphomet_ACID-REFLUX.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Baphomet_15 said:

Paul,

as a former young boy of 12 years old. I have played your Twilight Zone mod and found it quite enjoyable. Years later, I have this to contribute to your community project.

I hope you and everyone else enjoys it.

Map name: ACID REFLUX

Project: PCORF COMMUNITY PROJECT 2
Author: Baphomet
Port: Boom compatible - Tested on PrBooM Plus 2.5.1.4 and Zdoom 2.7.1
Theme: DooM I base/tech/acid, related to Episode 1
Enemies: Everyone of them, minus the Spider Mastermind.
Difficulty settings: Hard
Multiplayer: Not programmed to do so, but implemented.
Music: Kastle Kaos (Baron Von K.Roolenstein) From Donkey Kong Country 3 by David Wise, Arranged by Dave Phaneuf - found on VGMusic.com

Textures: DooM II Stock + PCCP2TEX.wad

Other stuff: Have fun, there's plenty going on, you'll never be able to relax. ;)

DOWNLOAD HERE:http://www.mediafire.com/download/6y2c2bp1q5ad543/PCCP2_2048_Baphomet_ACID-REFLUX.zip


Thanks for this intense map. I have added it to the list.

Share this post


Link to post

I am interested in contributing to this project. Something to separate from my main project for a while.

Is there any slots left, if so, count me in! If not I'll release the map independently.

Share this post


Link to post
Dragonfly said:

I am interested in contributing to this project. Something to separate from my main project for a while.

Is there any slots left, if so, count me in! If not I'll release the map independently.


Just make a map no bigger than 2048x2048 in size for no more than Boom Compatible. You can use the standard Doom 2 textures or download the texture wad (WOS) on page 1. One more month left and I expect several more maps. But if not, happy with the 37 so far received.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×