Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Batandy

Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

11 hours ago, Batandy said:

Please spread the word to anyone who's playing GS2: The third coin in silhouette sunset is glitched, you can't get back on the main platform once you get it, please noclip out of it. It will be patched.

how do you lower the pillar in the world 2 map 1? loving the maps, each and every one.

the rock pillar blocking the golden shiny area near the chasm you must jump. there's a big gold coin in it, lots of gold decor and lots of gold coins.

1 hour ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

the rock pillar blocking the golden shiny area near the chasm you must jump. there's a big gold coin in it, lots of gold decor and lots of gold coins.

Here is pic of the switch, which opens the pillar to the "golden room", if you are still wondering about it.

Spoiler

Where my weapon points, there is hole, you can only see it once you approach it, you can find there exactly what you need.

Screenshot_Doom_20180701_003621.png.508f1ae41f169a342f2599ab8d4cd47a.png

Edited by BioRenegat

By the way, I'm almost done with this wad, so far it was quite a legendary ride, not without flaws, of course (well, since it's 1.0, it's kinda expected) but still genuinely amusing. But can you confirm something, are there for certain 10 spiders within map31? Because I can't find one, not in the game, not in the builder, and not even within scripts. 

16 hours ago, BioRenegat said:

By the way, I'm almost done with this wad, so far it was quite a legendary ride, not without flaws, of course (well, since it's 1.0, it's kinda expected) but still genuinely amusing. But can you confirm something, are there for certain 10 spiders within map31? Because I can't find one, not in the game, not in the builder, and not even within scripts. 

Yes, there are!

Golden Souls 2 1.1 Released!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-the-golden-souls-2/downloads/doom-the-golden-souls-2-11

WARNING

Save files are NOT compatible between different versions of the mod.

Changelog:

-MAPS

Major:
-Heavily reworked Pyro Pyramid (Less cannons, more room for error, less backtracking)
-Less backtracking in Fort Phantom (Player gets teleported back after killing the minibosses)

Minor:

-Added extra sign and sounds in Venom Villa
-Updated World map with new sprites
-Fixed getting out of bound near World map's World 2 shop
-Fixed Wrong Tree in Water Cave
-Fixed Solid Waterfall in Water Cave
-Fixed being possible to get out of bounds near Water Cave exit
-Golden Crab can only walk in a certain area in Sunny Seaside (this prevents Big Coin spawn failure)
-Made one spider easier to get in Crescent Moon Manor
-Fixed Game Breaking Big Coin in Silhouette Sunset
-Fixed broken portal in Mount Mirror

--General
-Buffed Star Whip
-Gold Hunting Shotgun left barrel only fired 10 pellets instead of 20
-Hunting Shotgun can no longer be auto fired by keeping the fire button pressed. This avoids unloading both barrels by mistake instead of a single shot.
-Fading Coins don't add to item counter anymore
-Chests become non-solid after opening them
-Cannons cannot instakill anymore and they have a smaller splash damage radius
-Finite now credited (Maker of the pistol sprites)

Known bugs
-Random z fighting in Sunny Seaside (have to investigate, it might be a Gzdoom related issue considering it doesn't show up in previous gzdoom builds)
-"Could not find dialog "SCRIPT00" (Does not affect the game whatsoever, i have to go back and edit all the dialog files.)

how do i get the last big coin in the phantom ghost house?

i need the one in the library area.

EDIT: Found it.

Edited by Pure Hellspawn : i actually found it

The mod is just as great as I expected and dispite hating ghost houses in offical mario games, they are my favorite levels in this mod. Their complexity makes for a lot of fun exploring. 

Is there a list of music used? I'd like to know the sources of some tracks. 

I don't have the complete list, but basically anything that is in format .spc is taken from Super Mario World Central

So, yesterday I 100% it, I'm not really good with words, but I want to say: thank you everybody who worked on this wad for bringing such a purely delightful experience, every second of it was utter joy, I don't regret spending this weekend to witness such achievement of humankind. This masterpiece better win cacowards 2018, or otherwise I will be calling it being rigged for certain. Despite having really great and catchy music, absolutely amazing level design  (where each map has distinctive and unique theme or feature, and you can't really find repeating levels at all), wonderful weapon set, which is really satisfying to use, and huge library of all kinds of monsters, I think the best part about this wad is that you can practically feel how much effort devs gave to it, and how much fun they had while doing so, I have nothing short of respect to you guys, you truly did your best.

Now, all that being said, it's not without flaws, but just previous patch alone dealt with many of those, so I believe it's not going to be such a huge problem for a long time. I will be playing it again, but on the hardest difficulty, since I noticed there are completely new enemies there (big fat + for that, it surely enhances replayability by a mile), so I will try to spot if there are still any sort of bugs, which I noticed during my first playthrough.

Are the coins supposed to heal? I noted it fairly late that coins heal me and shortly after I noticed it stopped. I feel like it's glitched, sometimes when I touch a flagpole they start working and after loading a save they stop. I think to make it work again I have to load an automatic save by a checkpoint but it works only rarely. 

@Lampenpam The way coins work, is: if you have 1999 of them, every next picked up coin doesn't add up to your counter, but instead heals you for 1 hp. However, once it drops to lower than 1999, it stops healing you.

Edited by BioRenegat

Well I load it up, all is well, I start "Intro" on space marine, turn around and see "your house". I go there and talk to construction workers and suddenly the gzdoom client crashes. Now the game won't even start without "encountering a problem". What is this funkery?

Edit: For the record everything looks incredible so far and it's making me crazy that something is breaking it. (Latest Gzdoom and GS2V1.1 installed)

Edited by LordGraves : Not intended to be an insult

On 7/5/2018 at 3:11 AM, Pure Hellspawn said:

How do i get in the box for the hell map 1 big coin?

Find a switch nearby

On 7/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, LordGraves said:

Well I load it up, all is well, I start "Intro" on space marine, turn around and see "your house". I go there and talk to construction workers and suddenly the gzdoom client crashes. Now the game won't even start without "encountering a problem". What is this funkery?

Edit: For the record everything looks incredible so far and it's making me crazy that something is breaking it. (Latest Gzdoom and GS2V1.1 installed)

Try doing a clean install of gzdoom

I just made an account to tell you how awesome this mod is. I'm still making my way through it, but I am having a blast.

I feel like I am going start getting into Doom mods now, thanks to you.

Golden Souls 2 V 1.2 Released!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-the-golden-souls-2/downloads/doom-the-golden-souls-2-12

This will be my last post-launch update, at this point all the major bugs have been patched and i'm gonna take a break and work on other stuff (might come back and patch it further later on!)
I've completely reworked some sections of the earlier maps thanks to all the feedback you gave me, i'm very grateful and want GS2 to offer the best experience possible!

Changelog:

-Map Changes:

-Green Plains

*Second coin is easier to find
*Removed misleading lake in death pit
*Fixed wrong bottom texture for the moving platform
*Shortened wall near the switch to make platforming easier

-Groovy Grotto

*First coin is easier to get

-Oriental Garden

*Entirely reworked mid-section with much bigger platforms
*More detail added

-Calescent Castle
*Removed coin misplaced inside lava

-Land with No Name

*First coin is easier to find
*Water is now lava in the canyon section (So the player won't try to jump down anymore)
*Added sign that gives you a hint near the water well

-Arid Abode

*Made secret exit slightly easier to find (more visible hint)

-Lilac Landscape

*Made platforming inside the temple easier (bigger platforms, less spikes, no more cannons)

-Relic Ruins

*Removed crushers in first section to improve the levels' flow
*Fixed being able to be killed while exiting the level
*Made third quicksand maze more obvious to find

-Port Paradise
*Fixed several locations where the player could get out of bounds

-Beautiful Bay
*All the main switches now show what they actually do (much like in later levels)

-Spooky Sunken Ship
*First main switch shows what it does
*Removed spikes in jellyfish room

-Moonlight Morass
*Tree branch platforms are bigger
*Normal exit doesn't require you to swim in poisonous water anymore
*Shortcut to final section doesn't require you to swim in the poisonous waterfall anymore

-Venom Villa
*Added more clues to make the player understand that the first skull switch can be pushed again
*Fixed various map-related console error messages

-Fort Phantom
*Made it easier to enter the skull doorway before the Red Phantom's room
*Fixed being able to jump through the windows near the switch that unlocks the Red Phantom's room

-Mount Mirror
*Fixed second mirror not working correctly

-Chilly Cliffs
*Bigger platforms in mid-section

-Arctic Alcazar
*Changed blue skull switch to red skull, this avoids not being able to instantly collect every coin for the world (since the blue skull is found in the next world).

-Crescent Moon Manor
*Reduced the number of ghost platforms
*Ghost platforms now emit a sound while appearing/disappearing, this GREATLY helps the player with the timing

-Tower Rewot
*Fixed being able to stand on sky-death pits

-Damp Depths
*Fixed misplaced vegetation

General:

-Raised prices of the items you can buy at the shops
-Golden Cowboy Shotgun reload loop patched (It was calling the wrong script)
-Starshooter's Alt Fire can't push pushable blocks anymore
-Fixed Big coin failing to spawn after killing gold crab (For good this time, hopefully!)
-Fallen Knight doesn't fast-spawn skeletons at higher difficulties
-Falen Knight's underground skeletons don't one shot the player anymore
-Hellions and Hell Arachnotrons now drop coins as intended
-Fixed "Could not find dialog file SCRIPT 00" error message
-Removed +COUNTKILL flag from Flesh Spore's Tentacles
-Fixed Invisibility Potion's name
-Fixed typo in Berserk Potion's description
-Fixed typo in one of the Art Gallery's descriptions
-Spider Jewels are now displayed on the automap (Not the golden spiders, just the jewel they drop)

On 7/10/2018 at 7:31 AM, Batandy said:

Find a switch nearby

Try doing a clean install of gzdoom

Done. Well, the problem persists. New Game>Intro>Space Marine>(yes)... The screen melts away to start the game, I see my crosshair (yeah I know) load while the screen is still black momentarily and crash. Is there some error info that would help perhaps?

2 hours ago, LordGraves said:

Done. Well, the problem persists. New Game>Intro>Space Marine>(yes)... The screen melts away to start the game, I see my crosshair (yeah I know) load while the screen is still black momentarily and crash. Is there some error info that would help perhaps?

Are you sure it's not a PC issue? Seems a bit random. Can you play other "heavy" wads fine? Stuff like Blade Of Agony etc...

Golden Souls 2 Version 1.3 Released!

This update brings a few more bugfixes to further improve the experience! And the HUD finally works correctly for 4:3 resolutions!

WARNING

Save files are NOT compatible between different versions of the mod.

Download:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-the-golden-souls-2/downloads/doom-the-golden-souls-2-13

Changelog

____Map Changes____

-Gluttonous Gorehouse

* Fixed Spider Jewel being hard to pick up in the underwater section

____General Changes_____

-Fixed Hud for 4:3 resolutions
-Fixed "No dialog" error leftovers
-Fixed Fists not having GS2's custom weapon bob movement

Finally, a New Version of Golden Souls 2!
bWX31NEl.png

Features some major changes such as enemies having to be in a certain range in order to fire at you, so no more bullet hell at higher difficulties!
Tons of maps tweaked, bugs fixed and there's also a fully reworked fullscreen hud!
DOWNLOAD:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-the-golden-souls-2/downloads/doom-the-golden-souls-2-14

Changelog

___Map Changes____

-MAP01 "Green Plains
*Removed teleport from the second coin, added some platforms to jump back to the bridge.

-MAP06 "Calescent Castle"
*Tweaked Big Coin jumping section near indoor moving block
*Tweaked hallway after the cannons
*Removed the Red Plant in the final section before the boss door

-MAP19 "Pumpkin Pathway"
*A sign now informs the player that there are in fact 3 secret exits in this map.

-MAP21 "Venom Villa"
*Fixed being able to jump through small holes in the wall and break the switch puzzle (Thanks, Icarus!)

-MAP22 "Fort Phantom"
*Reworked section with moving spike pillars to be less frustrating

-MAP23 "Pretty Petals Peak"
*Fixed Exit switch not using the correct texture

-MAP24 "Mount Mirror"
*Tweaked final platforming section so it requires less precision (Near the Mancubus spawn)

-MAP31 "Crescent Moon Manor"
*Fixed door texture alignment in the first outdoor section

-MAP32 "Tower Rewot"
*Added some pillars in the inverted starting section that make it easier to reach the doors

-MAP39 "Demonic Den"
*Fixed exit using wrong switch texture

-MAP44 "Silhouette Sunset
*Tree near the first checkpoint now correctly display as pitch black like the rest of the map
*Fixed the placement of several ceiling plants in the underwater section
*Fixed vine hole not displaying the correct skybox in the underwater section

-MAP47 "Spider Mansion"
*Fixed alignment of several wooden ceilings

-Hell World Map
*Fixed texture alignment near slopes
___General___

*New, fullscreen compatible hud that doesn't stretch anymore and works with any resolution!
*Vader is in the game credits under the Sprites section (he was credited as KDIZD team and not individually before)

___Balance Changes___

-Regular Enemies
*Several enemies must now be in a certain range to shoot at you (No more getting shot by random projectiles across the map!)
*Cactuses now ignore the +FASTMONSTERS flag
*Spike Throwers' don't disappear anymore after their gib death animation.

-Bosses
*A certain Cyberdemon servant now has half the health he had before (Not spoilers!)
*Final Boss and several other bosses now ignore +FASTMONSTERS flag
*Final Boss can no longer spawn Hierophants and Revenants
*Final Boss can no longer be stunlocked with the Star Starshooter's Alt Fire

Hey Batandy!

Love GS2 very much and I have a problem getting some coins. I just finished Moonlight Morass, and it's the third map so far where I can't get every coin. The other ones were Pyro Pyramid and Shrine of the Abyss. The coins are stuck in a wall/ceiling or, like in Moonlight Morass, are just invisible. The automap shows them however.

I'm not asking you to fix it, but can you maybe confirm this? Or could it be a GZDoom issue or something else?

Thanks!

I've been playing this since yesterday and its freakin awesome. I had some trouble with the spider mansion though. Found a yellow key, no yellow doors, red and blue doors, no keys.

Also the cactus monsters, sometimes flashes a frame of all four cactus balls stacked when it enters its pain state. It flashes for maybe a frame or two. So if you shoot the cactus thing until its just two high or one high, it can still flash into the 4 high cactus for a brief moment.

19 minutes ago, Hell_Pike said:

I've been playing this since yesterday and its freakin awesome. I had some trouble with the spider mansion though. Found a yellow key, no yellow doors, red and blue doors, no keys.

Keys can only be found in Key palaces, so you need to explore the world map a bit more before being able to complete that level.

17 minutes ago, Hell_Pike said:

Also the cactus monsters, sometimes flashes a frame of all four cactus balls stacked when it enters its pain state. It flashes for maybe a frame or two. So if you shoot the cactus thing until its just two high or one high, it can still flash into the 4 high cactus for a brief moment.

I'm aware of that, i'll probably try to fix it for GS3.